What Time Does Whittier to Anchorage Airport Shuttle Leave?

Retirement2016

I assume you are speaking of a Princess supplied shuttle... ?

Take this with a huge grain of salt; we have never been on a cruise that ended by docking at midnight. All of our cruises have docked at either 6:00 or 7:00am with shuttles leaving anywhere from 8:00 to 9:30. YMMV!

They have to keep to the tunnel schedule.   I believe the buses leave at 8:45 am.     If you haven't already check the independent buses.    Same as the Princess transfer and cheaper.  

2 hours ago, waltd said:

They have to keep to the tunnel schedule.   I believe the buses leave at 8:45 am.     If you haven't already check the independent buses.    Same as the Princess transfer and cheaper.  

Thank you.  We are using FCC so the cost isn't a concern.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Take this with a huge grain of salt; we have never been on a cruise that ended by docking at midnight. All of our cruises have docked at either 6:00 or 7:00am with shuttles leaving anywhere from 8:00 to 9:30. YMMV!

I'm looking at Princess itinerary.  It states Anchorage (Whittier) Alaska 12:30 am.  I'm sure none of us will be disembarking the ship until early morning , (6 pm?).  I know the travel to Anchorage is approximately 2 hours, but Princess E-Z Air has flights available from 11:30 am.   We are booked for 2 pm flight out, so if we leave by 9:30 am, we should be fine.  Thanks for your help!

EZAir *typically* mandates flights no earlier than 4 hours after disembarking...even in Fort Lauderdale where the airport is about 15 minutes away!  I personally would be a little nervous waiting until 9:30 to make an 11:30 flight 2 hours away.  That suggests to me that the Princess shuttle will leave no later than 8:30...maybe even sooner.  Just my 2 cents worth...and that *is* all it's worth! 😄

It was several years ago, but the Princess shuttle dropped us off (at our election) at a “Hospitality Center,” where we could leave our carry-on bags; this was in the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage.  There was a large room with chairs and tables.  Clean restrooms.  Lots of people to answer questions.  

We had a few hours to kill in Anchorage, and at the recommendation of one of the hospitality people, we ate at Glacier Brewhouse, just two blocks up from the Convention Center.  We wandered around, and then back to Hospitality Center for the shuttle to the airport.  

Kudos to Princess: Hospitality Center has carry-on baggage check!! So we can dump it all there to wander around.  Free downtown shuttles, free shuttle to Ulla Factory, ...  In the meantime, our checked baggage waws dropped off at the airport, and we were later shuttled to the airport.  All as part of the same cost shuttle from Whittier!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well then, it’s obvious you haven’t been on a Princess ship that docks in Whittier.  They always pull in at midnight but guests don’t debark until morning.  EM

• 5 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, Mike45LC said:

It was several years ago, but the Princess shuttle dropped us off (at our election) at a “Hospitality Center,” where we could leave our carry-on bags; this was in the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage.  There was a large room with chairs and tables.  Clean restrooms.  Lots of people to answer questions.  

We had a few hours to kill in Anchorage, and at the recommendation of one of the hospitality people, we ate at Glacier Brewhouse, just two blocks up from the Convention Center.  We wandered around, and then back to Hospitality Center for the shuttle to the airport.  

Kudos to Princess: Hospitality Center has carry-on baggage check!! So we can dump it all there to wander around.  Free downtown shuttles, free shuttle to Ulla Factory, ...  In the meantime, our checked baggage waws dropped off at the airport, and we were later shuttled to the airport.  All as part of the same cost shuttle from Whittier!

Hello, Do you need to purchase a transfer with the Princess to use the Hospitality Center storage facility? Do they store carry-on bags only or check in as well? Is the shuttle from the center to the airport is free?

I'm trying to find out how it works today. Princess representative say that they can drop us off there, but all arrangements need to be done by us. Thanks