Big news! All protocols have been lifted for most voyages

cruisecrazy82

3 minutes ago, NownZen said:

This was done last month. Notice the word "most". There are still two cruises under the enhanced protocol voyages that require testing.

This is not the same, this is a new announcement that is going into effect on 10/21, they will be doing away with testing for unvaccinated passengers.  It is the same as the change NCL recently announced.  

Edited by cruisecrazy82
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, donswife said:

The Princess website has not yet been updated with this information.  The most recent version is September 28 or 29.

I only just received the email at noon, to my knowledge they haven't made their "formal" announcement to the general public quite yet. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

This is not the same, this is a new announcement that is going into effect on 10/21, they will be doing away with testing for unvaccinated passengers.  It is the same as the change NCL recently announced.  

I see. This is for the normal set of cruises but has no effect on Australia or the enhanced guidelines cruises. It is not much of a change since the unvaccinated only needed a self administered test. But it is a step forward. So there are only two cruises from the US that fit this (and I am going to be on one of them).

42 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you for posting.  My fear, it’s just in time for the winter surge.  
Hope it doesn’t backfire.

you know it will. But by this time the cruise industry just wants to make money, so they don't care.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, NownZen said:

I see. This is for the normal set of cruises but has no effect on Australia or the enhanced guidelines cruises. It is not much of a change since the unvaccinated only needed a self administered test. But it is a step forward. So there are only two cruises from the US that fit this (and I am going to be on one of them).

There’s only 3 enhanced voyages left.

Which are the 2 that will still need testing?  

7 minutes ago, NownZen said:

The question I have is since we test before the Dec 2 cruise, do we have to test again for the second leg from Santiago on Dec 19.

You may have to.  The ships going across the Pacific….right now, like the Majestic…have been doing self tests and showing the results to the cabin steward

every week. 

They do say, on enhanced voyages, you may have to test periodically and wear masks.  Depends on Government rules and outbreaks OB.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You may have to.  The ships going across the Pacific….right now, like the Majestic…have been doing self tests and showing the results to the cabin steward

every week. 

They do say, on enhanced voyages, you may have to test periodically and wear masks.  Depends on Government rules and outbreaks OB.

I think the only issue on the Sapphire is Chile which has been very strict. I do not expect a problem as I had covid recently and no virus is stupid enough to make Mrs Zen mad.

• Haha 2

On the website today:

Ready To Welcome You On Board

Updated October 17, 2022

It’s easier than ever to prepare for your cruise. All guests are welcome – regardless of vaccination status – and starting October 21st vaccination and testing requirements have been lifted on most voyages!

This applies to itineraries to all destinations except where government regulations may vary like Australia and on a few Enhanced Guidelines voyages that have their own vaccination and testing requirements.

Visit our Vaccination & Testing Requirements page for requirements regarding your voyage.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Stupid questions BUT is there still a quarantine section then?  And what happens if you do get covid?  Can you stay in your room?  What about back to backs?  Are those protocols no longer either?

i am very curious about this also.  It is the main reason I might not test if I am not feeling well.  We are in a full suite and I would not want to be moved.  I would not mind isolating in my cabin if needed.

• Like 2