Celebrity vs RCCL

Pickleball Player

I think everyone has it covered. Try the Celebrity you will like it. We have taken 17 cruises on 4 lines with 6 on Royal and 5 on Celebrity.  My wife likes Celebrity better and I like the Oasis class on Royal.  We enjoy all of them.  My only regret is I am 28 points from Diamond and the other cruises are slowing me down from my goal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, volk904 said:

I think everyone has it covered. Try the Celebrity you will like it. We have taken 17 cruises on 4 lines with 6 on Royal and 5 on Celebrity.  My wife likes Celebrity better and I like the Oasis class on Royal.  We enjoy all of them.  My only regret is I am 28 points from Diamond and the other cruises are slowing me down from my goal. 

Love it that Elite transfers to Diamond, it help on our Arctic TA this September on Voyager of seas to get 4 drinks per day 

The voyager needs a major renovation 

8 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Booked our first Celebrity cruise on Beyond in a Sky Suite.  Have only booked RC suite so we are looking forward to seeing the difference on suite dinning between the two. Loved the Coastal Kitchen on the Quantum class more so then the Oasis class. We will be elite on Celebrity when we cruise, however will there be any benefit if we are in a  SS? 

The one thing that Royal Caribbean does on the Oasis and Quantum class that I wish Celebrity would do is serve lunch in Luminae on port days.  

Otherwise, as I said when we were on Quantum, Celebrity sets the bar really high for service , especially for guest sailing in Suites.  

I cannot wait to hear about your experience.

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The one thing that Royal Caribbean does on the Oasis and Quantum class that I wish Celebrity would do is serve lunch in Luminae on port days.  

Otherwise, as I said when we were on Quantum, Celebrity sets the bar really high for service , especially for guest sailing in Suites.  

I cannot wait to hear about your experience.

Me either, however recent reviews for Beyond are not encouraging on service. 😉 

Edited by Tulsacoker

33 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Take a look at Beyond then look at the Icon of the Seas announcement this morning (I would suggest doing so before coffee or your anxiety may go through the roof). The direction and vibe of each line is striving for is pretty apparent. 

Just saw the slide/video presentation, and all i can say is

GOOD

GRIEF

It's a floating amusement park.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We cruise both but prefer Celebrity. Many reasons given prior but for us it’s the no smoking policy anywhere inside of the ship, only one announcement per day and Celebrity knows how to do suites. Both are great cruise lines but for a more relaxing experience, it’s Celebrity for us. I suggest giving them a try. It’s the only way that you will know for sure. We love the Solstice class. Perfect size. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Take a look at Beyond then look at the Icon of the Seas announcement this morning (I would suggest doing so before coffee or your anxiety may go through the roof). The direction and vibe of each line is striving for is pretty apparent. 

A link would be nice 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Just saw the slide/video presentation, and all i can say is

GOOD

GRIEF

It's a floating amusement park.

Don''t even know where to begin. It's just a lot. A whole lot. 

19 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

A link would be nice 

It's on literally almost every cruise news site and all over royalcaribbean.com this morning. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Don''t even know where to begin. It's just a lot. A whole lot. 

It's on literally almost every cruise news site and all over royalcaribbean.com this morning. 

Not everyone has time to go on every cruise news site 🙄

I have make rhubarb muffins 😁

the last picking of the year for us 

12D3437B-24DF-404F-9FBB-0C7141F3755E.jpeg

784E98F5-13FC-4484-AB04-3CAE3260D785.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I remember when the Oasis was introduced in 2009. I read everything right here on CC from RCI would be bankrupt within two years with building something that big that they would not be able to fill to adults will not like this ship. Many adults love the Oasis class which has IMHO the best entertainment at sea. The Icon will be very popular. I’m not in a hurry to book it but I’m sure it will one day be in our future. The good thing is that there’s a cruise line out there for most people depending on one’s taste and budget. Having a choice is good. 

• Like 3

On 10/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Walter, why do you like the volleyball game ? 🤔

It's so much fun. Officers vs. the Guests. There's not many places where the guest get to compete against the crew any more. That game is one of the highlights on every celebrity cruise. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

WOW! I had to look that up...

But I'll take a pass on those ships...and look out Carnival...there's a new Sheriff in town...lol...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I remember when the Oasis was introduced in 2009. I read everything right here on CC from RCI would be bankrupt within two years with building something that big that they would not be able to fill to adults will not like this ship. Many adults love the Oasis class which has IMHO the best entertainment at sea. The Icon will be very popular. I’m not in a hurry to book it but I’m sure it will one day be in our future. The good thing is that there’s a cruise line out there for most people depending on one’s taste and budget. Having a choice is good. 

It's not a bad thing for the RCG portfolio. Customers have options to go up brand and stay in the family. Royal is clearly going mega family/kid friendly, Celebrity will cater to DINK/retirees, and Silversea can pick up the ones that can afford the upgrade from Celebrity and don't mind the formality. 

I don't like Oasis class so Icon doesn't do it for me personally, but it will sell, even with those boring itineraries. As long as you enjoy the screams of 3,000 children. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's not a bad thing for the RCG portfolio. Customers have options to go up brand and stay in the family. Royal is clearly going mega family/kid friendly, Celebrity will cater to DINK/retirees, and Silversea can pick up the ones that can afford the upgrade from Celebrity and don't mind the formality. 

I don't like Oasis class so Icon doesn't do it for me personally, but it will sell, even with those boring itineraries. As long as you enjoy the screams of 3,000 children. 

It's a great concept, parents drop off their kids and the parents can get drunk for seven days straight.  I personally would LOVE if IoS had a quarterly 18+ adult only sailings.  

25 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Depends on when you cruise. I have six sailings under my belt on the Oasis class. Four of those cruises had very few kids on board. One of the best ships that I have cruised that didn’t feel crowded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Depends on when you cruise. I have six sailings under my belt on the Oasis class. Four of those cruises had very few kids on board. One of the best ships that I have cruised that didn’t feel crowded. 

Not long before the pandemic we sailed the Harmony of the Seas, the week after Thanksgiving and there were almost no children on board and I agree it didn't feel crowded at all.  We really enjoyed the cruise.  

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, George C said:

I just think shorts and T-shirts should not be allowed for dinner , our favorite restaurant in Dallas area doesn’t allow shorts on a hundred degrees day. I realize I am in the minority, also I started cruising when you needed jacket and tie every night, not that I want that again. 

This is an example of what bothers me about Celebrity.  Having been on more Royal cruises than Celebrity, I can say Royal is more of a "live and let live" type of experience, without being at the low bar of a Carnival cruise where virtually anything goes...I have no first hand knowledge there, just what I read or see on Youtube 🙂

While Celebrity has an upscale feel, with better service and food than other cruise lines, the downside to that is a higher percentage of fellow passengers who are pretentious snobs.  They are quietly, or not so quietly, judging you about are you wearing the right clothes in the dining room, are you using the right fork, are you sniffing your wine glass before drinking, etc.  That's an experience I tend to avoid on land, so certainly don't appreciate it when paying for a vacation at sea.

6 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

This is an example of what bothers me about Celebrity.  Having been on more Royal cruises than Celebrity, I can say Royal is more of a "live and let live" type of experience, without being at the low bar of a Carnival cruise where virtually anything goes...I have no first hand knowledge there, just what I read or see on Youtube 🙂

While Celebrity has an upscale feel, with better service and food than other cruise lines, the downside to that is a higher percentage of fellow passengers who are pretentious snobs.  They are quietly, or not so quietly, judging you about are you wearing the right clothes in the dining room, are you using the right fork, are you sniffing your wine glass before drinking, etc.  That's an experience I tend to avoid on land, so certainly don't appreciate it when paying for a vacation at sea.

Do you participate in many Royal Facebook Groups or Cruise Critic forums?  Dress code is just as active of a topic in the Royal groups I read with plenty of people judging others for what they think is inappropriate in the dining room.  That is one topic that can get quite heated in any cruise community. 

• Like 3