Icon: Inaugural Sailing

27 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I think this ship will take some time to get stocked, prepped, and staff trained.  First in it's class and several unique features.  Who knows if there will still be worker and supply shortages mid/late 2023.

And we are all now aware that things can change VERY quickly.  Who would have predicted in Dec. 2018 that the world would "shut down" in March 2020?

• Like 3

Been emailing our TA the last couple of days to see if we could do a trans-Atlantic for her inaugural.  No luck the first revenue cruise will be from Miami in January.  As much as I would like to sail her I'm not doing in out of Miami.  Maybe we'll shoot for the next Oasis class.   

8 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Been emailing our TA the last couple of days to see if we could do a trans-Atlantic for her inaugural.  No luck the first revenue cruise will be from Miami in January.  As much as I would like to sail her I'm not doing in out of Miami.  Maybe we'll shoot for the next Oasis class.   

Do you really want to do a TA in early January???

steamboats

18 hours ago, steamboats said:

Do you really want to do a TA in early January???

steamboats

It would really depend on how quickly it turns south.  We did one going east bound from Barbados and except for the last two days it wasn't that bad.  But, I guess the better question is do I want to be in northern Europe in January?  Moot point, now.  

6 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

It would really depend on how quickly it turns south.  We did one going east bound from Barbados and except for the last two days it wasn't that bad.  But, I guess the better question is do I want to be in northern Europe in January?  Moot point, now.  

The ship is built in Finland... if there is a TA then it may start in Southampton. To go South you have to cross the gulf of Biscaye which is usually pretty rough especially during winter. Even the Azores can be rough by that time of the year. So to get to the South it will take a couple of days...

steamboats

12 hours ago, steamboats said:

The ship is built in Finland... if there is a TA then it may start in Southampton. To go South you have to cross the gulf of Biscaye which is usually pretty rough especially during winter. Even the Azores can be rough by that time of the year. So to get to the South it will take a couple of days...

steamboats

All a moot point, since I can't even book a cabin until she gets to the US.  Hopefully better luck with the Spring 2024 launch of Utopia.