Grand Turk vaccine process

msmith198025

So I know that carnival has dropped requirements and testing, yet some ports still have requirements.  Grand Turk being one.  

As that is one of our ports during our Christmas cruise, I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with how that will be handled.  Will carnival still verify it as they always have (I havent seen the vaccine questionnaire on my check in page since they dropped it), or will we have to show proof as we get off the ship, which seems cumbersome. 

Thanks for the help.  

We'll be there in 2 weeks, so I guess we'll find out. My thought, and I've voiced this a few times, but no real answers - Carnival probably has everyone's vaccine status already, since they only dropped this now and we sail in a few weeks. They could easily flag those who aren't in compliance with port specific requirements. But who knows!

• Like 1

We go to Grand Turk in about 40 days and I had to double check that my Mom met their definition of fully vaccinated (need to make sure she didn't need a booster shot).

On their web site they state that Proof of vaccination (a digital or a paper copy) to be shown upon arrival   

I would guess when you get off the ship if you cannot produce a proof of vaccination you will not be allowed off of the ship

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msmith198025 said:

......or will we have to show proof as we get off the ship, which seems cumbersome. 

I've been to ports that required you to show proof of vaccination as you exit the ship, it wasn't really a big deal.  There were a number of government employees checking everyone who debarked, it only took a few seconds.  

I have no clue how Grand Turk will handle this but am interested to find out since we'll be stopping there on our cruise in a few weeks.

Are you on Legend? We are on that Christmas cruise and also wondering about Grand Turk.

Look forward to seeing you aboard if that's your ship.

4 hours ago, msmith198025 said:

As that is one of our ports during our Christmas cruise, I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with how that will be handled.  Will carnival still verify it as they always have (I havent seen the vaccine questionnaire on my check in page since they dropped it), or will we have to show proof as we get off the ship, which seems cumbersome. 

Thanks for the help.  

1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I've been to Grand Turk 3 times post Covid and never had to show any vaccination information. Maybe Carnival has the unvaccinated in their system and those guests get flagged when trying to disembark?

Before the protocol change everyone had to produce a negative test or proof of vaccination at check-in so Carnival knew who was vaccinated and unvaccinated.  I’m guessing now if your cruise goes to Grand Turk, you will have to show your vaccination card at check-in so you can get off in Grand Turk.  If you don’t you will be flagged as unvaccinated.

• Like 1

I was in Grand Turk two weeks ago. No one asked us anything going ashore or returning. They do check your sign and sail card when entering the pier on the return. No one was wearing a mask. I took a cab to the "town" and had a nice chat with some locals. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I've been to Grand Turk 3 times post Covid and never had to show any vaccination information. Maybe Carnival has the unvaccinated in their system and those guests get flagged when trying to disembark?

We have been to GT 2x both during covid (Jan. and Feb.) and once post covid (June) and have never had to show any kind of proof of vaccination.  They announced you could have the vaccination card picture on your phone upon debark, but no one ever asked to see it.  If worried just carry it or bring pic of it.

9 hours ago, Moviela said:

I was in Grand Turk two weeks ago. No one asked us anything going ashore or returning. They do check your sign and sail card when entering the pier on the return. No one was wearing a mask. I took a cab to the "town" and had a nice chat with some locals. 

Curious if you heard of or from anyone on your cruise who was not able to get off the ship because of no vaccination?

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 5:55 AM, crewsweeper said:

Curious if you heard of or from anyone on your cruise who was not able to get off the ship because of no vaccination?

Yes.  Was on MG 10/8.  Passengers without Vax were told they could not get off.  Heard this from multiple guests.  But now boarding process you don’t need to show vax so who knows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adventuredancer said:

we go to grand turk in a week. we were told to bring the cards and that it would be checked when we were getting off. i'll try to remember to check back here and let you know.

Please let us know.  Have a Great Cruise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same! In Grand Turk on Wednesday on the Freedom. They didn't ask for anything as we left the ship.

NOW - the weird thing is the 2 women in front of me, when they scanned their sail & sign cards, it flagged them and they were asked for proof of their vaccine. But it was on our way back onto the ship, which was certainly odd.

43 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Same! In Grand Turk on Wednesday on the Freedom. They didn't ask for anything as we left the ship.

NOW - the weird thing is the 2 women in front of me, when they scanned their sail & sign cards, it flagged them and they were asked for proof of their vaccine. But it was on our way back onto the ship, which was certainly odd.

What would they do at that point if they weren't vaccinated? Make them stay in grand turk, where vaccines are required, or let them back in the ship, where vaccines are not required? 

1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

What would they do at that point if they weren't vaccinated? Make them stay in grand turk, where vaccines are required, or let them back in the ship, where vaccines are not required? 

Yep! That's why I thought it was weird! Although not sure the 2 women had to make such a big scene about it, which they did. I mean, I would have questioned it, as in "What's the point now!?" LOL! They were mad about it for some reason, then pretty sure they ended up forgetting a bag on the table there in a huff to leave. They had the pics of the cards, so it wasn't a big deal.

1 hour ago, habitatnal said:

So when you checked in for the cruise did they ask for your vaccination cards?

I can tell you they didn't on the Freedom last week. However, I'm also betting a majority of the people already did that health attestation months ago, because it was a more recent thing they dropped. So it is still possible that they had a majority of the people's statuses already confirmed from their booking documents.

• Like 1

In several trips to GT, I have never encountered anything that would make me want to get off if “vaccination” was required. Although I have been “vaccinated” and have “the card”, I would simply stay onboard and keep my money to spend in a port that would appreciate it! Hopefully, they will learn the hard way!! 

• Like 2