Still Covid Testing??

I am still confused about the 11 night Covid testing requirements. Fully vaccinated can take their own home test as proof? How does that work? Leaving from US and fully vaccinated. On the Anthem winter Caribbean cruise out of Bayonne. Do I take a picture of the results? How does that prove it is my test? Or….. I can choose to PAY for a supervised test. Makes no sense o me. Need a little guidance here. Thanks.

Yes, it's comical. I boarded an 11-night cruise earlier this month and when asked at check-in I showed them the picture on my phone. They didn't record this in any way, just that it was shown.  You are free to use an old one or use a picture off google photos. They briefly glance at it and move on. Let your conscience be your guide.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Read the RCI web site policy for US departures and be ready for further easing of protocols.

I've been expecting an announcement any day.  Especially now after Carnival has extended it to 15 nights.  We're doing a b2b (7 night and 6 night) and no testing since neither is longer than 9 days.  Kind of ridiculous to treat 10 nights differently than a b2b, but whatever.  

We just did it on a 10 night Quantum. Used the free home test sent from the post office, took a picture of the negative result sitting next to my drivers license.  At check in they spent less that a second looking at the photo. Funny thing was my wife's test only showed a extremely faint pink line.  We just took another picture of my test and used it, no problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We just did it on a 10 night Quantum. Used the free home test sent from the post office, took a picture of the negative result sitting next to my drivers license.  At check in they spent less that a second looking at the photo. Funny thing was my wife's test only showed a extremely faint pink line.  We just took another picture of my test and used it, no problems. 

And, that's why the whole thing is ridiculous lol.  I've said all along it's about liability.  RCI has no liability if someone lies/uses someone else's test.  While I don't think testing is the answer, I do find it funny that anyone thinks Royal doesn't know what everyone is doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Midway7934 said:

I am still confused about the 11 night Covid testing requirements. Fully vaccinated can take their own home test as proof? How does that work? Leaving from US and fully vaccinated. On the Anthem winter Caribbean cruise out of Bayonne. Do I take a picture of the results? How does that prove it is my test? Or….. I can choose to PAY for a supervised test. Makes no sense o me. Need a little guidance here. Thanks.

I was too! I called RC got some clarification.  I was told that you could I take a picture of the results and when you do there is a time & date stamp if done by your phone.  The other is exactly as you said pay for a supervised test. Most will send electronically to the/your device but I am sure you could provide paper copies too.  (Call RC to be sure and check their website as COVID information seems to change daily.  

20 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

You are free to use an old one or use a picture off google photos. 

I had to laugh out loud at that comment. When I saw these rules, I told hubby that prob 25-30% of the cruisers will do that. 😂

And before anyone gets bent, we wouldn’t do that if taking a longer cruise. But the truth of what will be done by some gave me a chuckle.

13 hours ago, shandryl said:

I was too! I called RC got some clarification.  I was told that you could I take a picture of the results and when you do there is a time & date stamp if done by your phone.  The other is exactly as you said pay for a supervised test. Most will send electronically to the/your device but I am sure you could provide paper copies too.  (Call RC to be sure and check their website as COVID information seems to change daily.  

Boarded Quantum two weeks ago, they look at the negative picture on the phone but do not ask for a time or date stamp. We had both pictures on the iPhone and they did not ask who the pics belonged to. 

Edited by taglovestocruise