How do you book the Entertainment on My P & O Cruises

amajaa

20 minutes ago, amajaa said:

How do you book the entertainment on the My Cruise as it was supposed to be available from today but there is nothing showing and nothing to click into ?  

For our cruise on Iona in 2 weeks, entertainment can now be booked through the my.pocruises.com website.

5 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

For our cruise on Iona in 2 weeks, entertainment can now be booked through the my.pocruises.com website.

Similar here, we got an email telling us entertainment is available to book for our cruise in 2 weeks, just logged into my account and booked for first week, I am assuming entertainment after the first week will become available once onboard? Very similar system to what we had 2 weeks ago on Msc Virtuosa.

11 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Similar here, we got an email telling us entertainment is available to book for our cruise in 2 weeks, just logged into my account and booked for first week, I am assuming entertainment after the first week will become available once onboard? Very similar system to what we had 2 weeks ago on Msc Virtuosa.

Following on our cruise is in 2 weeks and it has said for ages available to book on 28th October , that date has now disappeared but there is nothing showing to book. Where am I looking exactly as I’ve tried clicking into all sorts of things. 

11 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Following on our cruise is in 2 weeks and it has said for ages available to book on 28th October , that date has now disappeared but there is nothing showing to book. Where am I looking exactly as I’ve tried clicking into all sorts of things. 

For me it was in the Entertainment tab;

Screenshot 2022-10-28 08.20.29.png

• Like 1

Thanks @yorkshirephil that’s where I thought it will be, ours is currently just showing a ‘o’ under all of ours. Guess I will have to keep going back in and looking.

A bit annoying if they say it will be available to book from today and then it isn’t but never mind I will keep looking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Thanks @yorkshirephil that’s where I thought it will be, ours is currently just showing a ‘o’ under all of ours. Guess I will have to keep going back in and looking.

A bit annoying if they say it will be available to book from today and then it isn’t but never mind I will keep looking 

Ours was a few days late as well 

• Like 1

Yay, it just let me book 4 Headliners shows, it had two other shows showing , it let me book show 2 but show 1 wasn’t showing any dates when you went into it. I suppose 5 shows booked out of 14 isn’t too bad. Hope we can book more soon. 

Just have to get early dinning to go with early show now, which we can’t book till we are onboard I understand. 

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

We have done the opposite.  We do not want to be tied down to pre-booking shows and limiting what else we may be doing.  Will wait until each day and decide and try and get in.  If we don't we will find something else to do.

We're with you on this. It's a holiday, and I think it's really unfair to be asked, or even expected,  to pre plan your meals and activities a month in advance. If others don't mind then that's fine, but it's not for us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Happy afloat said:

We're with you on this. It's a holiday, and I think it's really unfair to be asked, or even expected,  to pre plan your meals and activities a month in advance. If others don't mind then that's fine, but it's not for us.

I agree totally but unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people who like to pre plan their holidays with finite accuracy, and then there are those who worry that if they don't book everything they risk missing out on something.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

I have booked ours for the first week, if we don't go then no worries someone who has queued on the night will get our place. It isn't as if you are committing to anything, we did this a few weeks ago on Virtuosa and it worked fine albeit we didn't attend every show we booked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have booked ours for the first week, if we don't go then no worries someone who has queued on the night will get our place. It isn't as if you are committing to anything, we did this a few weeks ago on Virtuosa and it worked fine albeit we didn't attend every show we booked.

Hi, as I said, if you don't mind then that's fine, I'm not sitting in judgement and it's not up to me to decry how anyone wants to do their holiday. It's just not for us. Have a great holiday 

1 hour ago, Happy afloat said:

I agree I would much prefer it to go back to how it was before Covid. The reason I wanted to book before we board is because watching the theatre shows is our favourite thing about cruising. From reading reports over the last year I am hearing about people not managing to get into shows so I wanted to make sure our main reason for cruising was going to be available to us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

However if the staff manning the door of the theatre don't show flexibility there are likely to be passengers turned away, if you haven't cancelled your reservation. Even worse, if you don't cancel your dining reservation in good time, then your table will be left empty far longer than necessary, increasing waiting times for everyone else.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

However if the staff manning the door of the theatre don't show flexibility there are likely to be passengers turned away, if you haven't cancelled your reservation. Even worse, if you don't cancel your dining reservation in good time, then your table will be left empty far longer than necessary, increasing waiting times for everyone else.

I have only booked entertainment for the shows we feel we want to see, on Virtuosa I thought they had a good system where if you booked you must arrive no later than 5 minutes before showtime or you joined the queue for non booked who then filled the empty seats, the show lounge was full most nights, if ships capacity was above 4000 pax they had 3 shows. We have anytime dining on Arcadia and will just take it as it comes, as we tend to eat early and are happy to share we don't usually have any issues.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree totally but unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people who like to pre plan their holidays with finite accuracy, and then there are those who worry that if they don't book everything they risk missing out on something.

A plan never survives first contact with the enemy, same for cruises

So I did manage to book the 4 Headliners shows as soon as they became available and have the confirmation email from P & O saying they are booked. Just gone in this morning and 2 of the Headliners shows have disappeared and 2 new ones have taken their place. So I thought okay I better book those but it is saying they ate not available .

Now I have the confirmation email saying I have booked the Headliners for those days it is just saying a different show for them. Do you all think my email will still be valid because the Headliners are my favourite theatre shows and I don’t want to miss them.

14 minutes ago, amajaa said:

So I did manage to book the 4 Headliners shows as soon as they became available and have the confirmation email from P & O saying they are booked. Just gone in this morning and 2 of the Headliners shows have disappeared and 2 new ones have taken their place. So I thought okay I better book those but it is saying they ate not available .

Now I have the confirmation email saying I have booked the Headliners for those days it is just saying a different show for them. Do you all think my email will still be valid because the Headliners are my favourite theatre shows and I don’t want to miss them.

When we were on the shows were moved around. If you had a booking for the date you could watch whatever was on

Just now, elmsliebev said:

we're not on P&O till next October (Azura) - what is this booking the entertainment you speak of? Never seen that before! Is it for all shows or just some? 

Last month on Iona we were able to book all the shows we wanted while on board, so while you can do it prior to the cruise, it's really not essential.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

we're not on P&O till next October (Azura) - what is this booking the entertainment you speak of? Never seen that before! Is it for all shows or just some? 

About two weeks before the cruise you can book some of the theatre shows. It is only showing 6 of the 14 nights for us before though. If you are in your Cruise Personaliser click on entertainment and you should get a date come up as to when you can book some shows. Ignore that date 🤣 and add two days and that might be the day. 

• Like 2