Change of cabin

LA30

Hi.  Just wondered if anyone has changed cabin after notification of which one they have been allocated.  This is on a saver fare, obviously.  We have recently heard where we have been allocated and it's okay, but we would prefer elsewhere.  I know that all grades of cabin are still on sale, even though we embark in ten days.  I have sent a request to P&O but just wondered what the chances of a change are.

Given the  current way P&O are treating their customers I would expect them to say a resounding NO - asking and getting anything else is half-way to SELECT for which SELECT passengers have paid a significant premium. The whole point of SAVER is that you don't have a choice.

On the other hand, if you phone P&O Customer Services on Monday you might get someone who is feeling accomodating who will be able to help you.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA30 said:

Hi.  Just wondered if anyone has changed cabin after notification of which one they have been allocated.  This is on a saver fare, obviously.  We have recently heard where we have been allocated and it's okay, but we would prefer elsewhere.  I know that all grades of cabin are still on sale, even though we embark in ten days.  I have sent a request to P&O but just wondered what the chances of a change are.

If you would prefer elsewhere then you should have booked a Select fare. You obviously booked a Saver fare because it was cheaper the consequence of that is you have no choice of cabin and you risk the gamble of having a poor cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LA30 said:

They will probably say fine choose your cabin and charge you the appropriate cost to upgrade to Select fare.  The cost to upgrade usually depends on the fare structure at the time you made your original booking.

• Like 1

Yes, I do realise that I could have paid (a lot!) more and had a saver fare.  As it happens we have been upgraded to the top available balcony grade cabin.  I guess I'm just being picky!  

1 hour ago, nevestorouf said:

yes my select fare cruise next year,

i have had my cabin changed although i requested 

not to move cabin .

i am upgraded about two levels still a balcony as original booking but i didnt want an ugrade !

This appears to be a new development. I doubt it will be covid related as apparently all cabins are now bookable with little or no quarantine allocation.  If this continues it may become interesting as many tick no upgrade for a specific reason.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerB said:

Out of curiosity LA30, by how many grades have you been upgraded?

We booked a saver fare so paid for the lowest possible balcony.  There are six grades of balcony fare and we are now on the top one.  I think I will just accept it!  I feel wrong making a fuss.  I just wondered whether anyone on a saver fare had tried to change and got anywhere.

41 minutes ago, LA30 said:

We booked a saver fare so paid for the lowest possible balcony.  There are six grades of balcony fare and we are now on the top one.  I think I will just accept it!  I feel wrong making a fuss.  I just wondered whether anyone on a saver fare had tried to change and got anywhere.

Sorry to be blunt, but you are indeed making a fuss.

You paid for the lowest grade balcony cabin on a saver rate in the knowledge that you could have a poor location; all of the EF cabins on that ship are forward, and above or below public areas, those on E deck being above the theatre. You have jumped five grades and now have a midship balcony cabin which, given the length of your cruise, would have cost you several hundred pounds more had you selected EA at at time of booking, and probably several thousand pounds more if you had chosen the select fare. Even if you have been given one of the cabins that are overlooked by the glass lifts, you are still lucky and have saved a lot of money.

So, as you you suggest you may do, perhaps you should just accept it.  That said, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LA30 said:

May I ask why you wanted to move, is it because of the floor, surroundings or what?

Appreciate you now say you're happy to stick but I'm intrigued where you actually wanted to be and in what cabin. Which ship are you on?

Edited by Megabear2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

May I ask why you wanted to move, is it because of the floor, surroundings or what?

Appreciate you now say you're happy to stick but I'm intrigued where you actually wanted to be and in what cabin. Which ship are you on?

Arcadia 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Arcadia 

Well with a current base price of £7396 for a balcony cabin versus £11,938 for a deck 8 mid or £12,298 for a deck 5 mid I don't think I'd be complaining too much!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well with a current base price of £7396 for a balcony cabin versus £11,938 for a deck 8 mid or £12,298 for a deck 5 mid I don't think I'd be complaining too much!

Me neither!

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 3:55 PM, LA30 said:

7 hours ago, LA30 said:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You have paid the lowest fare for your type of cabin - balcony - in the knowledge that your cabin will be allocated, rather than you choosing it;

You have been allocated a balcony cabin of the top (your words) grade of balcony cabin;

You are dissatisfied with your cabin allocation.

🤔

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You have paid the lowest fare for your type of cabin - balcony - in the knowledge that your cabin will be allocated, rather than you choosing it;

You have been allocated a balcony cabin of the top (your words) grade of balcony cabin;

You are dissatisfied with your cabin allocation.

🤔

Yes, you and I, and a few others no doubt, are thinking the exact same thing! 🙄

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I didn't explain properly.  We have been allocated midships on deck D, where the balconies are smaller than most and overlook the lifeboats.  But hey, I am persuaded!  I will think myself lucky and enjoy the cruise!  Thanks for your comments.

6 hours ago, LA30 said:

Sorry guys, I didn't explain properly.  We have been allocated midships on deck D, where the balconies are smaller than most and overlook the lifeboats.  But hey, I am persuaded!  I will think myself lucky and enjoy the cruise!  Thanks for your comments.

You have nothing to be sorry about, you just asked a question. Quite a few people have had upgrades that were not really upgrades, you seem to have been lucky. I hope you have a great cruise with flat seas and wall to wall sunshine, especially as we are on this cruise (covid test being negative) of course