Guaranteed cabin Anthem of the Seas

3 minutes ago, takemeaway2008 said:

Chances we'll get a nice cabin? 

What you consider nice others may not. Everyone has different preferences. As an example, some people like low decks b/c of sea sickness or other factors... that's the last place I'd want to be.

I've booked plenty of GTY's, you can wind up anywhere.

If booking from the US, once you get your official assignment, you can switch to any cabin in the same exact category as long as they are available.

It really doesn't matter where other people ended up as each cruise has different inventory.  The important thing is that you are willing to accept any ocean view or higher cabin on the ship.

With that said, once your cabin is assigned, you can usually move to any available cabin within your assigned category.

Not that it matters, but I've booked inside guarantee and was assigned an ocean view on deck 3 aft, which was fine with me. 

• Like 1

I've booked a few guarantees and have been happy with the result, until this past one. I was in an inside and I figured any balcony would be great. Loved the location that I got,  but it was a connecting room with noisy neighbors. Still, it was a good price and they quieted down on night 3. You really have to be prepared to not get your optimal choice. 

• Like 1

We booked a balcony guarantee on Anthem for our upcoming December cruise.  While my cruise planner hasn't officially assigned us a cabin, my boarding pass has a muster station and using the trick I learned here on CC, it appears we have been assigned 6150.  I'm very happy with the location.  While I prefer higher decks, I'm just glad it is not an obstructed view as I had forgotten Anthem had those when I booked this cruise.  It really wouldn't have mattered as we got such a great deal booking the balcony GTY that I would have been happy anywhere.  🙂  This is our first cruise since COVID and it is our "empty nest" celebration cruise.  First vacation without children in 25 years.  We are super excited.  

I figure even if I pick my cabin I could end up next to noisy neighbors. I am a bit worried about being on the lower deck because we've had high deck balconies on other ships our last couple of cruises. We are pretty easy going about most stuff, though. We will be pretty happy just cruising. 

My biggest worry is being under a bar. 

Just be aware that for Quantum class ships such as Anthem an OV Bal GTY can include obstructed view ocean view balcony cabins. The 'obstructed view' may be major (blocked by a life boat) or minor (a bit of an overhang). As with any GTY booking have a look at the worst possible cabin available in the category - if you are OK with that then go for it. 

5 minutes ago, takemeaway2008 said:

I am a bit worried about being on the lower deck because we've had high deck balconies on other ships our last couple of cruises.

Since the majority of OV cabins on Anthem are on deck 3 (others are at the front of the ship on decks 8-11), you are likely to be assigned deck 3, if assigned an OV cabin.

We booked a guarantee ocean view on the Anthem for Jan. 2023.  It was a great price!  We booked in mid-September, and a couple of weeks later, we were assigned our room.  It is on Deck 3.  We are happy with the location especially for the price.

9 hours ago, takemeaway2008 said:

I figure even if I pick my cabin I could end up next to noisy neighbors.

But you can avoid booking a connecting cabin. On Explorer there was a single door connecting the two cabins instead of two because it was considered a 'family connecting'. 

I had a great experience with a "guarentee" on the Grandure in 2019 and another ship in 2021 (which we had to postpone due to illness).  I booked a guarentee on Anthem hoping to have the same good luck but it is taking a really long time to assign the cabin and so far it looks like I'm on deck 6, which has VERY obstructed views.  DH and I already agreed that we'll be choosing our own cabin next time.

51 minutes ago, whateverkimme said:

I had a great experience with a "guarentee" on the Grandure in 2019 and another ship in 2021 (which we had to postpone due to illness).  I booked a guarentee on Anthem hoping to have the same good luck but it is taking a really long time to assign the cabin and so far it looks like I'm on deck 6, which has VERY obstructed views.  DH and I already agreed that we'll be choosing our own cabin next time.

If booked in the US, you can always move if there are available cabins in your same category once officially assigned.

57 minutes ago, whateverkimme said:

I always book Deck 6 on the Anthem, and the obstructions don't bother me.

• 1 month later...