EATING IN THE STEAKHOUSE FOR FORMAL NIGHT?

diesteldorf

3 hours ago, diesteldorf said:

That's a great idea.  A few months ago, I was getting a bunch of Chase offers for $35 off $100 at Carnival, that I used to purchase Internet. Cruise Cash, and make a deposit on a future cruise.  I don't really want to get refunds on those prior purchases and risk upsetting Chase or American Express, who previously gave me 15,000 points on a $700+ booking.

I  have an identical cruise booked for 2023.  If I use my remaining onboard credit to purchase gift cards at Cherry On Top, would I be able to use those gift cards to purchase things from the Fun Shops for my 2023 booking?

YES.  Carnival gift cards don't expire and can be used for any purchases on their website or can be added to your Sail & Sign account while onboard.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:49 PM, gopackgo21 said:

Also, the Steakhouse is much more “strict” about the dress code on formal night than the MDR. We were comped a steakhouse dinner from the cruise and had to reschedule for a different night because my husband didn’t have the appropriate clothing. He had black pants and a button up, but not a tie or jacket. 

When did this happen? Recently or YEARS ago? Currently there's absolutely no requirement for a jacket and tie ANYWHERE on ANY Carnival ship.Period.  

56 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

When did this happen? Recently or YEARS ago? Currently there's absolutely no requirement for a jacket and tie ANYWHERE on ANY Carnival ship.Period.  

^^^^^This. I've never worn a jacket OR a tie in the steakhouse. Granted, I do wear blue or khaki Dockers, with either a blue oxford button up shirt, or a nice collared golf shirt. And no one has ever said one word to me.  

33 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

^^^^^This. I've never worn a jacket OR a tie in the steakhouse. Granted, I do wear blue or khaki Dockers, with either a blue oxford button up shirt, or a nice collared golf shirt. And no one has ever said one word to me.  

Here's a photo of my husband and I this past June in the Steakhouse on the Pride in Europe. Husband had dark jeans on, I had lightweight khaki-type slacks. 

PXL_20220611_175648852 (1).jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, urbanhawk said:

I admit-NOT a good look! Very wrinkley. For the folks on this cruise, if someone decides to wear their b-day suit, I can assure you, it WON'T be me!😇

Yes, my birthday suit could use a little ironing.  😁

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2022 at 8:26 AM, kwokpot said:

It was in July on the Vista. The hostess didn’t explicitly say “No” but said that his outfit did not match the attire for Elegant night. We rescheduled for the next night and he wore dark jeans and a button up and was one of the most “dressed up”.