COVID-19 and FCC

Noesja

Unfortunately I tested positive on my latest cruise and had to isolate for 6 days. I'm looking to book a new cruise, but the FCC I'm supposed to get doesn't show in my account. Anybody with experience on this matter? How long before it will appear? I know I can make a phonecall, but figured asking here is so much faster 😉

29 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Did you test positive while on the cruise or before the cruise?  There is a claim process , it is not automatic.  When it happens, before or during, determines the process 

While on the cruise. I've been told no claim process, it would be automatically put into my account. 

Are these monies for the prorated days while on the ship or for quarantining at a hotel?   As you can tell by my questions this is not a simple question.  I wish I could provide you with links to the HAL pages but my iPad and the HAL website are not getting along well today.  

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Are these monies for the prorated days while on the ship or for quarantining at a hotel?   As you can tell by my questions this is not a simple question.  I wish I could provide you with links to the HAL pages but my iPad and the HAL website are not getting along well today.  

I know that the FCC will be put in my account. I got that information from HAL. I'm only interested in knowing how long it will take. HAL doesn't provide that info. So looking to find out from guests in the same situation.

52 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We are waiting, too.  I thought it would take a month, but now it’s almost 6 weeks. The letter we got said it would be automatic, and our PCC said to be patient….

I was hoping to get it a little bit sooner. But there's nothing else we can do than to wait. Thanks for the information. 

• 3 weeks later...

We had to cancel our November 5th NS cruise due to both of us testing positive covid tests within 5 days of sailing.  Still waiting for our fcc to appear in our account.  We wanted to book a cruise for the end of February.  I called our travel agent lzst week who checked with Holland America and they told him the fcc should appear on our HAL Mariner account in a few days.  Still waiting.  Hoping to book soon.  Any update from others that have received their fcc for testing positive for covid pre cruise?  How long did it take to receive it?

On 11/4/2022 at 1:51 PM, Noesja said:

Unfortunately I tested positive on my latest cruise and had to isolate for 6 days. I'm looking to book a new cruise, but the FCC I'm supposed to get doesn't show in my account. Anybody with experience on this matter? How long before it will appear? I know I can make a phonecall, but figured asking here is so much faster 😉

Do you have any updated information about your situation?  We also caught Covid  during a cruise  last month and were isolated for 5 days.  The paperwork given to us onboard stated we didn't have to do anything to receive our FCC.  HAL would process it since we had HAL insurance.  We are wondering how long it will take to get the FCC and if we truly don't have to contact HAL or if we need to start complaining after a certain time period.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 3:13 PM, travelbug615 said:

Do you have any updated information about your situation?  We also caught Covid  during a cruise  last month and were isolated for 5 days.  The paperwork given to us onboard stated we didn't have to do anything to receive our FCC.  HAL would process it since we had HAL insurance.  We are wondering how long it will take to get the FCC and if we truly don't have to contact HAL or if we need to start complaining after a certain time period.   

Still waiting for our fcc to show up in our Holland America account.  Has anyone received their fcc for having to cancel due to a positive covid test?  If yes, how long did it take from cancelling to receiving the fcc?  It has been over a month.  I thought we would have received it by now.  We would like to book a February cruise.

52 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Still waiting for our fcc to show up in our Holland America account.  Has anyone received their fcc for having to cancel due to a positive covid test?  If yes, how long did it take from cancelling to receiving the fcc?  It has been over a month.  I thought we would have received it by now.  We would like to book a February cruise.

See if your TA can help. If they know you are booking they might expedite the FCC. See my older post below: 

For those waiting on FCC, my DW and I were quarantined in July (she positive, me negative 3 times during 6 day quarantine). My brother and his DW also were on same ship, she tested positive, he negative and also both quarantined for 6 days. They booked a future cruise onboard and when they got home, called their TA who got the FCC into their mariner account and applied to the booking. We all got letters for FCC and dates, etc etc. My wife and I heard crickets until we got onboard in October and I stood at Guest Services to get someone on phone and miraculously FCC appeared in my Mariner account. Once you are off a ship, it's impossible to get HAL'S attention. It appears that having  someone (TA, onboard staff, etc) in your corner is required. I was told to email HAL to follow up on another issue we were not credited for.  Since we've been off the ship,, HAL has been silent for that. If you have a TA or currently on a ship, might be worth following up and pressing. The good thing is because our FCC came late, we have a longer time before they expire so we can wait for things to hopefully get better organized. 🤞

Still nothing here, either, although our PCC in Seattle said she would try to expedite it.  (This was about 10 days ago, at the start of the Black Friday sale, when we told her we wanted to apply it to a specific cruise.)

That's a really good idea, to inquire while on a ship.  We will take all our paperwork with us on the next one this month. 

We are waiting as well.  Has only been three weeks since we disembarked from the ship.  Got COVID on board, isolated for 5 days, and we are still waiting for our FCC.  Our PCC says it could take weeks to get posted to our account.

6 hours ago, Wey842 said:

We are waiting as well.  Has only been three weeks since we disembarked from the ship.  Got COVID on board, isolated for 5 days, and we are still waiting for our FCC.  Our PCC says it could take weeks to get posted to our account.

We have been waiting since September 25.

We got off the Nieuw Statendam on Aug. 27 and had been quarantined 10 days due to Canadian rules on quarantine.  We received our FCC yesterday.  So there is hope but patience is needed.  The expiration date on the FCC was adjusted to one year from yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the updates.  Glad you both got your fcc.  We are still waiting for ours since the last week in October.   We did get a refund of the taxes and port charges refunded to our credit card right away.  Once we decide on a cruise to book, I will call and see if Holland will apply our fcc we are waiting for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wey842 said:

So if in isolation as a result of COVID, and you miss a port because you cannot get off the ship, should we be getting a refund of taxes and port charges?

Part of the official letter we received from the Guest Services Manager on the Koningsdam when we were in isolation for Covid stated:

"If you disembark due to illness before the sailing ends, we will also provide a credit to your onboard account for the refundable portion of taxes, fees, and port expenses for any ports visited after you debark."

Thanks to all the previous people who have posted on this thread. We had to leave our Nov. 26th NS cruise due to DH being diagnosed with pneumonia. We received a letter similar to what many of you did. However, I appreciate learning from you that this is not going to be a quick process.

-Cat

My husband tested positive and was in isolation for 8 days on the NS transatlantic cruise that arrived in Barcelona on May 1st.  After many phone calls, we finally got someone in mid-July on the phone in Guest Relations, which was operating on limited hours and days.  The FCC was in my husband's account that evening with the expiration date adjusted to one year from the date the FCC was issued.

• 3 weeks later...

We did receive our future cruise credit posted to our Mariner Accounts.  I saw it when I logged in.  I had been checking a few times per week. No notice was given to us that we had received it via email, etc.  We cancelled our cruise the end of October due to both testing positive for Covid within 5 days of our cruise  scheduled for November 5th.  We received our credit on approximately December 22nd.  

Edited by Suncitycruiser1925
Typo