Watch the World Cup on the ship?

In the past, it has varied. One year there was a dedicated World Cup channel in your stateroom that showed live matches as well as replays 24/7. I've seen games shown on the giant pool screen before. I also remember watching a US match in a lounge where they set up a TV specifically for the match.

Short answer... they will almost certainly be shown somewhere if not in multiple locations. Playmakers is a safe bet if your ship has one.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

I'll be on Odyssey beginning 11/19... Looking forward to watching World Cup and other sports...They have 56 TVs of various sizes in Playmakers.... Ill probably spend more time there then anyway else....atleast wife will be able to find me...😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

I'll be on Odyssey beginning 11/19... Looking forward to watching World Cup and other sports...They have 56 TVs of various sizes in Playmakers.... Ill probably spend more time there then anyway else....atleast wife will be able to find me...😂

I'd happily plant myself in the bar and watch all the games! We'll be in Cozumel when Mexico play Poland and I'm looking forward to finding a bar and watching the game with the locals. 

Black Friday will be interesting....England (me) vs USA (my wife) 😳

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

England fairly stong favorite for that match.  Will Kane be the difference?

All down to the coach - he is very defensively minded. If he lets the team play their natural game rather than his typical over-cautious approach, England should walk this game - and the group. 

9 hours ago, Geek Squard said:

I'd happily plant myself in the bar and watch all the games! We'll be in Cozumel when Mexico play Poland and I'm looking forward to finding a bar and watching the game with the locals. 

Black Friday will be interesting....England (me) vs USA (my wife) 😳

I only hope Lewandowski doesn't crush us... 😕 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Might be worth checking out the times the games are taking place. It’s possible the time difference will takes some games out of ‘bar’ time. 

They’re pretty reasonable if you’re sailing on ET. Haven’t looked at the entire schedule but I know the US plays all 3 of their group stage matches at 2pm et.

19 hours ago, Geek Squard said:

We were on a Baltic cruise during the World Cup once with a really big group of passengers from Mexico. When Mexico played it was so much fun around the ship, we love football here in the UK but they were something else. A bar in Cozumel for the game sounds great.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, Geek Squard said:

The FIFA World Cup starts on November 20, 2022. I'm curious to know if the games will be televised on the ships? In the US, FOX Sports (FOX and FS1) have the TV rights. 

We sailed on Grandeur during the 2018 World Cup.  Games were shown in bars and on stateroom TV.

• Thanks 1