Black Friday Sale

ToyFoxFan

No crystal ball here, but USUALLY there is something offered.  A new and improved promo (which usually reflects a higher cruise fare), decreased deposits, and sometimes a real sale with somewhat reduced fares.  We won’t know til we know.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

AARP offers 10% off cruise gift cards everyday - I don't know if a Princess Black Friday Sale (don't think they did it last year) is any better than that.

Allstate rewards often has this as well. 

That said, no reason you can't combine the two - even if a Black Friday sale is only for pre cruise purchases like excursions or spa treatments.

I usually find that Princess drops fares enough closer to a cruise that it outweighs any sale specials, although I occasionally see great deals pop up for me as a solo farther out. But then I tend to cruise to Mexico and Pacific Coastals and Alaska, where Princess has a larger fleet now than normal and more competition, with much of Asia still closed and Australia only recently opened. They're also caught between the usual dilemmas of needing revenue, and the higher demand of cruising versus the economic threats of inflation and a possible recession, and of course increasing costs for food and fuel and labor. I'm also retired and live between Seattle and Vancouver, which also makes it easier to wait for a good fare drop close to a sail date. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjkTX said:

AARP offers 10% off cruise gift cards everyday - I don't know if a Princess Black Friday Sale (don't think they did it last year) is any better than that.

We are AARP and Allstate members but have not known about these discounts, please tell memore.

42 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I just went out on the AARP website (I'm a member) and confirmed...they have gift cards for most of the mainline cruise lines.  The ones I saw were at a 10% discount.  You could save some serious cash...

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you apply them?

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

We are AARP and Allstate members but have not known about these discounts, please tell memore.

On the AARP site go to "Rewards" and they will have all kinds of gift cards including Carnival, Royal Caribbean etc and they all require that you be a member and might require you to add some of their points to make the deal - but strangely enough the Princess gift cards do not require you to be a member or use points.  Once you find the "rewards" look for "see all rewards" which is where the Princess cards are.

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you apply them?

I use a TA - so when payment is due I give her the gift card numbers and PIN numbers ans she applies them.  I imagine if you book with Princess you can call them and do it as well.

2 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

I use a TA - so when payment is due I give her the gift card numbers and PIN numbers ans she applies them.  I imagine if you book with Princess you can call them and do it as well.

Great, that was the part I did not understand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

On the AARP site go to "Rewards" and they will have all kinds of gift cards including Carnival, Royal Caribbean etc and they all require that you be a member and might require you to add some of their points to make the deal - but strangely enough the Princess gift cards do not require you to be a member or use points.  Once you find the "rewards" look for "see all rewards" which is where the Princess cards are.

I see that you can only purchase 5 per month, and I plan to purchase them each month until my final payment in February.  Can you tell me if the gift cards are digital?  Or will they be sent to me by mail?  I need to work out the timing for final payment on February 6.

TIA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

I see that you can only purchase 5 per month, and I plan to purchase them each month until my final payment in February.  Can you tell me if the gift cards are digital?  Or will they be sent to me by mail?  I need to work out the timing for final payment on February 6.

TIA.

They are electronic.  You will receive them by email almost immediately after you purchase them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

TIA.

I have got mine by email as soon as I purchase them.  IF I need to get more than 5 - I have my wife go in and buy some 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MainePrincess said:

When you are making a payment on the Princess website you can apply the gift cards there too.  No need to call.

This is true for the fare. But if you want to use a gift card to set up some refundable OBC, you have to call. 

8 hours ago, MamaMills said:

Sometimes Princess runs a gift card sale too…buy a certain amount, get a bonus amount. I think it was 10% last time. So buy $1000 get $100 bonus free. We haven’t seen that sale in awhile so I’m hoping it’s coming soon.

The regular gift cards have no expiration date. The bonus gift card usually has to be used within two or three months.