How late can I disembark ship in San Juan?

joseph123

I will be cruising from San Juan on the Millennium this Feb and have a 2:25 PM flight from SJU when the cruise returns to the Pan American pier. Since there will not be time to really do anything and the excursion to Old San Juan with drop off at the airport is only available for flights departing after 3:30, I am wondering how long I can hang out on the ship before taking an Uber to the airport? The SJU airport is rather drab with not a lot to do, so would like to be able to stay on the ship as long as possible. Disembarking at around 10:30-11:00 AM would be ideal and still allow for enough time to get the the airport well in advance, but I know they would prefer to have everyone off as soon as possible. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

• Haha 1

You will probably be required to be off the ship by 9:00 or 9:30.  New passengers start boarding around 11:00 or 11:30.  One suggestion is to grab an Uber or taxi to Old San Juan.  Go to the restaurant Barachina and they will hold your luggage for you (it's fee, just give a tip).  Then roam around Old San Juan for a few hours then take a taxi or Uber to the airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joseph123 said:

I will be cruising from San Juan on the Millennium this Feb and have a 2:25 PM flight from SJU when the cruise returns to the Pan American pier. Since there will not be time to really do anything and the excursion to Old San Juan with drop off at the airport is only available for flights departing after 3:30, I am wondering how long I can hang out on the ship before taking an Uber to the airport? The SJU airport is rather drab with not a lot to do, so would like to be able to stay on the ship as long as possible. Disembarking at around 10:30-11:00 AM would be ideal and still allow for enough time to get the the airport well in advance, but I know they would prefer to have everyone off as soon as possible. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Not happening as it should be. 

About 9:30 as others have posted.  

You really don’t want to be on the ship as everything is closed out and down.    You cannot make drink purchases, the food is cleared out and the staff is very busy.  The internet service shuts down. 

We have done many B2B and the period between cruises is being in limbo.   You basically sit around and wait.  It is better to go to some place in port.

If possible do the luggage transfer.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Charge your phones and tablets and batteries and download some shows.  There is a pay lounge there but usually crowded.  See if you can move your flight to earlier if possible.  Look for a private tour to El Yungue, the forts, the rum factory that will drop you off at airport.  San Juan is actually a good place to be waiting at.  Truthfully though 230pm is not bad.  Try 945pm once and 1230am due to incoming flight issues both in San Juan.

They use to have  a late disembarkation for a fee but have not reinstated since resumption of cruising.     At almost all ports hast call is between 9:15-9:30.   At that time they zero out the ship and start processing B2B's.