Adult Beverage Costs w/o Drink Package

BearJim

We are sailing on the Mariner in a couple weeks on a 5 day cruise. It's been a few years since we cruised on Royal Caribbean & we are so looking forward to it! I was wondering what the basic cost of an adult beverage is these days w/o the drink package.

We usually get the drink package but I seemed to have missed the discounted price for packaging the drink package with internet. I think it was around $77 for both around a month ago but now the current drink package is over $83 per person, per day which to me is crazy. But I also know that everything costs more these days since covid.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

With gratuities, drinks run just over $16 each.  Drink of the Day $14+, beer & wine by the glass somewhat less.  We are not drinkers.  A drink each by the pool, maybe 2 for hubby, a glass of wine for dinner from the 2 bottles I brought on board,  hubby might have a drink after dinner.  Total $325 for the whole 8 day cruise🤷‍♀️

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have the Royal Caribbean app downloaded on your phone, right? 

You can see the bar menus for your specific ship. 

They've almost certainly raised the drink package price so they can "have a sale" on Black Friday, and that's quite close.  Have a look and see if it's worthwhile.

Regardless, don't forget to add the mandatory 18% tip to all drink prices; for example, that $83 per day price would become $97.94 .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WineandRoseLady said:

I see from your signature that you must be at least Diamond level... Would you know if breakfast is being served in the Diamond Lounge, and if (cafe) lattes or espressos are available?  Would it require a drink coupon?

Thank you!

Diamond Lounge has "pastries" or Continental Breakfast in the mornings.  There is a fancy coffee machine there for espresso type drinks that is self-serve, no voucher required.  If the coffee machine is out of order, you can talk to the Concierge about getting free coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade.

On 11/9/2022 at 6:45 PM, brillohead said:

Diamond Lounge has "pastries" or Continental Breakfast in the mornings.  There is a fancy coffee machine there for espresso type drinks that is self-serve, no voucher required.  If the coffee machine is out of order, you can talk to the Concierge about getting free coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade.

Thank you!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pjack61 said:

As of 11/12/22 the cost of cocktails is $14.00+ 18% gratuity = $16.52 !!

Crazy

$14.00+ gratuity is very expensive 

$9.00 + gratuity on Princess a couple 

weeks ago. Makes no sense 

Greed I guess ? Or

To make up from loses from lockdown ? 

Went ahead a purchased drink

package for Thanksgiving cruise in 

2 weeks

6 drinks a day to break even

🥃💰🚢🦃

On 11/8/2022 at 7:17 PM, BearJim said:

We are sailing on the Mariner in a couple weeks on a 5 day cruise. It's been a few years since we cruised on Royal Caribbean & we are so looking forward to it! I was wondering what the basic cost of an adult beverage is these days w/o the drink package.

We usually get the drink package but I seemed to have missed the discounted price for packaging the drink package with internet. I think it was around $77 for both around a month ago but now the current drink package is over $83 per person, per day which to me is crazy. But I also know that everything costs more these days since covid.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

If you were diamond, you would get four free drinks a day, which is plenty for us.   

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

In my experience, $14 is on the high end for a cocktail. I haven't cruised since March but on that cruise aboard Liberty, my drinks were in the $9 - $11 range. For reference, I drink either gin & tonic or bourbon.

The $14 drinks are generally the cocktails listed in the menus.  Other cocktails can be cheaper, it seems to be somewhat random.  Yesterday afternoon on Anthem a Frozen Mojito rang up at $14 (but it rang up as a Mojito, not a Frozen Mojito).  My wife's Lava Flow rang up as $12.   I ended up using our diamond drinks the price difference didn't really bother me, it was just interesting to see.

Based on your post, I assume something like a G&T, a Rum and Coke, or some Bourbon is going to ring up depending on the brand of spirit.  Same thing with glasses of wine.

It's almost like the $14 drink price on the menu is just there to shock you into buying a drink package.

3 hours ago, karl_nj said:

The $14 drinks are generally the cocktails listed in the menus.  Other cocktails can be cheaper, it seems to be somewhat random.  Yesterday afternoon on Anthem a Frozen Mojito rang up at $14 (but it rang up as a Mojito, not a Frozen Mojito).  My wife's Lava Flow rang up as $12.   I ended up using our diamond drinks the price difference didn't really bother me, it was just interesting to see.

Based on your post, I assume something like a G&T, a Rum and Coke, or some Bourbon is going to ring up depending on the brand of spirit.  Same thing with glasses of wine.

It's almost like the $14 drink price on the menu is just there to shock you into buying a drink package.

Was the Lava Flow perhaps the drink of the day?  Those are now $12 plus gratuity.