Bottled water on NCL Encore

Raintree

From what I have read, bottled water is not readily available on NCL ships..  NCL uses FLOW water which is not the "usual" bottled water.  I have tried to get some information from NCL.  Is bottled water available for purchase in the dining areas, and is it available for purchase for your cabin? I know that it is part of a Premium drink package, but that would be around $2000 for two people per week-- and not use the other drinks in the Premium package.  We just drink bottled water--also would not use refillable bottles using FLOW around the ship.  Any comments"?  Thank you.

What’s your issue with Flow?  The packaging or the water itself?

I drink water as my preferred beverage about 99% of the time.  Flow tastes fine, it’s regular bottled water, just in a carton instead of a bottle.  It’s on par with any of the mass market bottled waters out there.  You can buy it by the carton at bars, or get a pre-ordered package for the cabin.  You don’t have to get a drink package to buy it.  The price is reasonable compared to buying a drink package.

i think ‘fancy’ bottled waters like Evian are also available by the bottle at bars, but I don’t generally drink them so I’ve never tried.

Tap water and water from dispensers in restaurants and the buffet is perfectly fine to drink as well.  It’s produced by the ship in most cases, it’s not bottled water, but it’s been fine on all my cruises.  A refillable bottle with a built in filter would likely serve your purpose.

1 hour ago, Raintree said:

-also would not use refillable bottles using FLOW around the ship

The Flow package is not a refillable bottle, it's six, 12 or 24 one-liter bottles (or boxes if you'd prefer the term).

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

Tap water and water from dispensers in restaurants and the buffet is perfectly fine to drink as well.  It’s produced by the ship in most cases, it’s not bottled water, but it’s been fine on all my cruises.  A refillable bottle with a built in filter would likely serve your purpose.

THIS.  But, I also drink water straight from the tap at home, no filter there or in the bottles I bring on cruises.  I typically fill my bottle in my cabin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raintree said:

From what I have read, bottled water is not readily available on NCL ships..  NCL uses FLOW water which is not the "usual" bottled water.  I have tried to get some information from NCL.  Is bottled water available for purchase in the dining areas, and is it available for purchase for your cabin? I know that it is part of a Premium drink package, but that would be around $2000 for two people per week-- and not use the other drinks in the Premium package.  We just drink bottled water--also would not use refillable bottles using FLOW around the ship.  Any comments"?  Thank you.

I also only drink bottled/carton water,  and I have tried the Flow brand on the ship, ( bought some at home) it is a great tasting water.  Ship water is fine for some,  I don't drink tap water, anywhere.  if they ask at a restaurant if I want water I politely say no thankyou, if they bring it anyways it is left full on the table,  I usually turn my water cup over so it cannot be filled.  

The package is less if you gift it, than if you out right buy it,  outright it is 59.00+ for 24 liters,  on a gift it is $49.00  for 24 liters.  Just some information.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, juju2454 said:

I also only drink bottled/carton water,  and I have tried the Flow brand on the ship, ( bought some at home) it is a great tasting water.  Ship water is fine for some,  I don't drink tap water, anywhere.  if they ask at a restaurant if I want water I politely say no thankyou, if they bring it anyways it is left full on the table,  I usually turn my water cup over so it cannot be filled.  

The package is less if you gift it, than if you out right buy it,  outright it is 59.00+ for 24 liters,  on a gift it is $49.00  for 24 liters.  Just some information.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, juju2454 said:

You would flip out at me drinking out of the water hose in the summer after yard work. 🙂

• Haha 9

51 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Never seen one on any NCL ship, including the brand new Prima. 

I'm guessing it is the ice/water dispenser in the observation lounges and buffets on the newer ships.  Funny thing, they shut the one in the OL off at 10:00, so you have to go to the buffet to get water.  Silly NCL.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

On 11/14/2022 at 4:08 PM, PTC DAWG said:

You would flip out at me drinking out of the water hose in the summer after yard work. 🙂

As a child I did that.  I think after that taste of rubber ( blech) hose I never drank tap again. LOL, but if you like it go for it.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 6:22 AM, Raintree said:

If you already have the unlimited open bar package with your reservation, you can upgrade to the Premium Plus beverage package for only $243.00 pp and it includes Acqua Panna by the bottle, Starbucks etc. The $1000 pp is for those who did not have the promo drink package in their reservation and wish to purchase Premium Plus separately. Tap water on board is fine too and available everywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lupush said:

If you have the Premium Plus beverage package you can get Acqua Panna at any of the bars and restaurants in addition to the Flow water.

Is this still there after the changeover from Pepsi to Coke?  Reason I ask is many times when you change distributors, the selections of other drinks also changes.

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Is this still there after the changeover from Pepsi to Coke?  Reason I ask is many times when you change distributors, the selections of other drinks also changes.

As of last month on Encore, yes.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, cruiseny4life said:

You've never had the pleasure of drinking from a hose? Water from a hose (if it's rubber) has a very specific taste that's not too pleasant, but it is hydrating. 

Yep it indeed hydrated in a pinch, but like you said it was not pleasant, just necessary occasionally.  Then there were those times that the hose sat in the sun and well double the not too pleasant taste, plus hot to warm to eventually cool to cold water.   

I don't think I will ever understand when someone askes about a water package, it becomes a "bring your glass, ship water is good" discussion, every time.  

The question was about bottled water, not tap, not ship, not buffet, not bathroom sink. but bottled.  I answered the question, but I didn't need to include the whole ship water argument.  I didn't say you shouldn't or should buy bottled, nor did I say you  should or shouldn't drink ship water, but somehow it always devolves to that discussion.   Each person has to decide for themselves what they prefer to drink as water goes,  why not leave it at the question asked?   Just sayin'  neither is a wrong just one or the other may be preferred.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, juju2454 said:

I can’t seem find water in gift section, only in “beverage “ section. Can you please let me know where did you see the gift water package for less? Thanks 

2 hours ago, 1lovescruise said:

I can’t seem find water in gift section, only in “beverage “ section. Can you please let me know where did you see the gift water package for less? Thanks 

The NCL website can certainly be challenging at times!

None-the-less, FLOW water ends-up being the same price no matter who purchases it.

The "Gift" section simply does not show the 20% Service Charge (that WILL be added).

24 cartons will cost $59.94 (not the $49.95 that shows in the gift section).

• Thanks 1