Over 800 people have COVID on the Majestic Princess

PescadoAmarillo

Covid has changed (mutated).  It is highly contagious.  For the majority of the people, it is no longer deadly.  (These are all generalizations).  

What is the issue is that people who either know or don't know that they have Covid are mixing with the general public.  Just like the flu, the common cold, and other other transmittable disease.  

Bottom line:  If you are sick or have any symptoms, protect yourself and others.  Stop sending your kids to school sick.  Stop going to work sick.  Stop mingling with others if you are sick.

Stepping off my soapbox.  Next person's turn.

• Like 17

On 11/13/2022 at 5:20 PM, Steelers36 said:

On Regal in early October, there were only a dozen cabins sectioned off.  On Island these past two weeks, guests are isolating in cabins.  I am not aware of any separate deck section.

We were on the Island Princess in July and if both passengers in the cabin tested positive they would remain in cablin.  If only one, they were sent to Emerald Deck aft to quarantine until tested negative.  I know because I spent 5 days there along with other passengers.....not all of us in the same cabin.

In previous voyages post-pandemic, there was an area on certain decks that were designated as quarantine areas which was available since the ships were not to be sold out. 

3 hours ago, Grego said:

We were on the Island Princess in July and if both passengers in the cabin tested positive they would remain in cablin.  If only one, they were sent to Emerald Deck aft to quarantine until tested negative.  I know because I spent 5 days there along with other passengers.....not all of us in the same cabin.

In previous voyages post-pandemic, there was an area on certain decks that were designated as quarantine areas which was available since the ships were not to be sold out. 

We were on the Island in Aug/Sept for 30 days.  All the covid cabin were full and people were left in their own cabin even if both were not negative(I know this for a fact because that happened to our friends who wanted to be seperated, both eventually got covid). 

There was a lot of covid, so many tables outside cabins by the end of the cruise.  We tested positive the day we got home.  

We don't have any medical problems, are youngish, healthy, walking 8-9 miles at each port and we were very sick.  All vaxed and boostered. We had avoided covid for 2+ years. So, everyone who says it is not more than a cold, for some people. it is.  I have cancelled all my future cruises for right now, it was bad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grego said:

We were on the Island Princess in July and if both passengers in the cabin tested positive they would remain in cabin.  If only one, they were sent to Emerald Deck aft to quarantine until tested negative.  I know because I spent 5 days there along with other passengers.....not all of us in the same cabin.

Most certainly, they used to section off a slew of cabins.  It would seem that, over time, those sections have been reduced and even eliminated as evidenced by our October and November voyages (at least on the ships mentioned).  I might add that we had UBD on Island and the waiter was from Room Service department and was somewhat chatty, so we had a pretty good sense of the Covid situation since RS Dept knows all of them as they follow-up each day speaking with them about dinner and other food orders.

• Thanks 1