Do you change time zones on the Solstice Mexican Rivera (need to let the tour know what time to pick us up)?

NutsAboutGolf

There are at least 6 states that have passed elimination of DST (including California where I live).   It can not be implemented (now going on 3 years) until Congress approves.    Senate has approved and sent to the House but the House say they have too many other high profile items that need to be worked on before end of session.

Contrary to what many of us think, there are a number of states (mostly northern) that are highly oppose to elimination.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, edgee said:

That is inaccurate. Mexico certainly does do it just as the U.S. does.

Do not understand your post.  Mexico abolished Daylight Savings Time in 2022.  There are some border communities that can opt to follow the local time in the USA.  Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana have done so but these do not effect cruising.

The ship has observed local time in the past on West Coast cruises.  Why would they change?

FWIW Arizona got rid of DST about 60 years ago.  Said it was to save the drive in theater business.  I still think politicians could not figure out how to set their watches - forward?  back?

20 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Do not understand your post.  Mexico abolished Daylight Savings Time in 2022.  There are some border communities that can opt to follow the local time in the USA.  Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana have done so but these do not effect cruising.

The ship has observed local time in the past on West Coast cruises.  Why would they change?

FWIW Arizona got rid of DST about 60 years ago.  Said it was to save the drive in theater business.  I still think politicians could not figure out how to set their watches - forward?  back?

I cruised Mexico west coast in October. Every port city was on daylight savings time matching corresponding U.S. daylight savings time. For example Puerto Vallarta was on same as U.S. Central Daylight time, (same as Chicago) Cabo was on same as Mountain Daylight time (Denver) and Ensenada was on same as Pacific Daylight time (LA). So at least in 2022 Mexico was on daylight savings time.

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

There are at least 6 states that have passed elimination of DST (including California where I live).   It can not be implemented (now going on 3 years) until Congress approves.    Senate has approved and sent to the House but the House say they have too many other high profile items that need to be worked on before end of session.

Contrary to what many of us think, there are a number of states (mostly northern) that are highly oppose to elimination.

Florida voted to eliminate standard time.