Passport bar make Luminae drinks?

39august

Probably...but why would you want to?  We were in the Retreat on the Edge for 36 days recently and after being served watered-down drinks there we ordered only champagne and wine after the first few days.

13 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Probably...but why would you want to?  We were in the Retreat on the Edge for 36 days recently and after being served watered-down drinks there we ordered only champagne and wine after the first few days.

I'm a bit surprised to hear that they were watered-down. It's been a year since we were last there and maybe things changed, but they were fantastic last December. Granted, when we were asking for Mimosas, they were low on the OJ and therefore just went heavy on the champagne 😂

We sailed on Edge in a Sky Suite in February 2020.  When we did get drinks in the Retreat Lounge they were good.  I will admit that we much prefer Retreat Lounges where they have a bar and a bartender rather than one where the single server has to run back and forth to an unknown location to get our drinks.  

On the Equinox they for drinks in Luminae they would go to the Passport bar as it was the closest.  I knew this because we were sitting there and seen the Sommelier getting drinks.  

Do they make them there?   Yes

Can you order one if not in Luminae?   Don’t know.   You could ask when there.   A lot of times it depends on the BT and your relationship with them, how busy they are and etc.   If I ever try to order something like that  I try to do it when no one is around because once  it gets started everyone will want to do it.  I had one drink that a BT would make for me as there was still some special spirits left over from a NOLA cruise.   We were doing a B2B with that cruise.   He would see me and ask if I wanted the usual.  It was the drink that I drank on the previous cruise and he could still make until that bottle was gone.  No one else knew about it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The answer is Yes.  While it might not be called what it is in the Retreat, most of what they are just renamed drinks that are available.  If the bartender has been there a while, they will know how to make them (assuming they have all the proper ingredients at that station).

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Thanks for the info. I'll try that next cruise in Jan. We are usually drinking wine prior to dinner, so never get a pre-dinner drink in Luminae. But I'd like to try a Fresh from Tokoyo. 

Here is also something to think about when trying to order the drink from there is may not be the BT that is familiar with the drink so it may not be as good 

We were in Sushi on 5 in the afternoon for Lunch.   I wanted to try a drink.   They get the drinks from the WCB.   The bar isn’t open in the day time.   They went to Cafe Al Bacio.  They didn’t have the correct spirits and tried to improvise plus they weren’t the BT that makes them so they really didn’t know the correct parts.   It was terrible.   I am glad that I had the premium pack and didn’t have to pay for it.  

If you are in Luminae just ask for it.   You could also get it at the end of lunch or dinner and take it with you.   We will have a mixed drink along with wine just to try them and honestly they aren’t that good, but it also depends on the type of drink you like.  I usually drink Old Fashions, neat bourbon, or drinks that aren’t too sweet.   To me there are very few  Martinis that I like or drinks from the WCB.   At the WCB I usually get their Old fashion but made with bourbon instead of the rum for a idea of my opinion basis. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅