Bermuda 2024

mikencarol

I guess anything is possible, but I kind of doubt Celebrity would drop sailings from NY to Bermuda.  That specific route was the entire reason the Celebrity brand was created—Chandris needed a higher end brand with a newer ship in order to sail to Bermuda.  If it wasn't for Bermuda, there would be no Celebrity.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody seen a glimpse of the 2024 schedule for Bermuda yet?  

I can see that bookings will open on Wednesday, its just that I've usually had sight of of the dates by now.  Been holding off booking with NCL until I see what Celebrity has to offer.

Any travel agents out there had the info yet?

They're supposed to go on sale tomorrow, unless they're delayed like Europe was.

As mentioned Eclipse for 2024.

May 11 sailing to Bermuda also stops at Martha's Vineyard.

May 19,26, June 2,9,16,23,30 July 7,14,21,28 all to Bermuda

Then August 4 is NJ to Iceland and August 16 Iceland to Boston.

Then a few New England Canada cruises before sailing to FLL October 11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

They're supposed to go on sale tomorrow, unless they're delayed like Europe was.

As mentioned Eclipse for 2024.

May 11 sailing to Bermuda also stops at Martha's Vineyard.

May 19,26, June 2,9,16,23,30 July 7,14,21,28 all to Bermuda

Then August 4 is NJ to Iceland and August 16 Iceland to Boston.

Then a few New England Canada cruises before sailing to FLL October 11.

I am patiently waiting for the repo from Boston in Oct. 2024 to become available.  I am hoping that they list it tomorrow so I can book it.  I did not know it was going to FLL though.  That's AWESOME!  We did the Summit fall repo cruise this year and LOVED only having to fly home as Boston is a 45 min. drive for us.

• 1 month later...

I am looking at booking the May 11 trip to Martha's Vineyard and Bermuda.

I have a couple of questions for more experienced cruisers...  Do the ships stay tethered to the pier during the 3 days we are there?  If so, is there any way of telling which side of the ship will face which way?  (We'd like to face the sea while we're there, if possible.)

Finally, I am considering booking this one on my own.  (We have usually used a local TA, but a couple of minor disappointments recently have me thinking of exploring other options...)  Do you know if there's anyway of anticipating when Celebrity might run a sale, or perhaps run a low-amount Deposit sale?

Thanks in advance! 😄 

Edited by Drizzle66
clarity

6 hours ago, Drizzle66 said:

I have a couple of questions for more experienced cruisers...  Do the ships stay tethered to the pier during the 3 days we are there?  If so, is there any way of telling which side of the ship will face which way?  (We'd like to face the sea while we're there, if possible.)

The ships stay docked the whole three days and the gangway is open 24 hours. There is no way of knowing which side the ship will face. Theycan and do dock either way. One side will face the Royal Dockyard and the other side will face the Great Sound. So there will be land on both sides as there is land on the other side of the Great Sound. It is not open sea. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

hoping the Bermuda does not charge $40 to get onto the island.  If not, then I am glad I have been twice and no need to go back.

The travel authorization requirement was ended on November 13, 2022. So currently no fees, test or vaccination requirements. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The travel authorization requirement was ended on November 13, 2022. So currently no fees, test or vaccination requirements. 

Ohhhh thanks, Gee I must have missed that and I do cc and you tube a lot.  huh.   great news

thanks

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 5:35 PM, Charles4515 said:

The ships stay docked the whole three days and the gangway is open 24 hours. There is no way of knowing which side the ship will face. Theycan and do dock either way. One side will face the Royal Dockyard and the other side will face the Great Sound. So there will be land on both sides as there is land on the other side of the Great Sound. It is not open sea. 

Thank you Charles -- most helpful! 

I've just booked for May 11th, 2024.  Looking forward to finally seeing Bermuda! 😄