Magic Carpet Reservations

TEDD1747

Does anyone know the reservation protocol for  APEX Magic Carpet. I  have been told by Celebrity to make a reservation ( even though the only thing available is 10:00 AM on Day 1 and once onboard a reservation will be assigned. Does not make much sense.

20 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Is this for the dinner on the Magic Carpet? They usually do not book those until embarkation day. If you want it, I'd go to the speciality desk asap after boarding. Suite guests, in my experience, tend to get priority for those reservations. 

Was on the edge and don’t recall a specialty dining desk, possible we missed it, are you sure there is one?

It’s been described as disappointing by many, chiefly by due to the high odds of very strong winds.  It was stated pre-Covid the food was buffet style.  Never did it myself but was on the magic carpet and it can be incredibly windy, I wouldn’t want to pay to eat a meal there

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was on the edge and don’t recall a specialty dining desk, possible we missed it, are you sure there is one?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. On embarkation day, usually there is a table set up specifically to handle speciality dining requests. It will be near the normal customer relations desk area. When I was on the Edge last summer, it was off to the side of the customer relation desk, kind of in the hall heading forward on the ship. 

22 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. On embarkation day, usually there is a table set up specifically to handle speciality dining requests. 

Or, you can go to any of the specialty restaurants that have someone working.  They can make reservations for any the specialty dinners.  😊

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Didn’t even know there was a magic carpet dinner. Must not be too popular. What is the cost?

It is not advertised, and it is not part of a dining package.  There is a limited amount of reservations.  And, there was only one dinner on our cruise.  I do not remember how much it cost.  But, I remember it was very good.  😋

My understanding is that the Magic Carpet was a disaster for dining at sea and they discontinued the dinners there.  The winds were just too strong.    They do however often open up for both special meals and luncheons while in ports and on overnights.

On a recent cruise they had a special Seafood / Lobster meal on the Magic Carpet on an over night port.     They lowered it to Deck 5 and had a special Entrance adjacent to Raw on 5.    There was a red carpet leading to it.   

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It’s been described as disappointing by many, chiefly by due to the high odds of very strong winds.  It was stated pre-Covid the food was buffet style.  Never did it myself but was on the magic carpet and it can be incredibly windy, I wouldn’t want to pay to eat a meal there

Awwww.  It was very entertaining to watch those trying to dine on the Magic Carpet due to the winds.  Kind of like watching a NASCAR race.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Didn’t even know there was a magic carpet dinner. Must not be too popular. What is the cost?

It’s listed at the regular price of 129 + gratuity for my upcoming Beyond cruise. With the 7% pre-cruise discount it’s about 140 with the gratuity.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TEDD1747 said:

Does anyone know the reservation protocol for  APEX Magic Carpet. I  have been told by Celebrity to make a reservation ( even though the only thing available is 10:00 AM on Day 1 and once onboard a reservation will be assigned. Does not make much sense.

I’ve noticed the same time for our upcoming cruise. It’s basically a place holder and when you board the ship you’ll be able to find out what night they’ll be offering Dinner on the Edge. If you look at your ship’s itinerary it will most likely be when the ship is in port the latest. For example we were on Apex last November and had Dinner on the Edge when we were in San Juan since we didn’t leave port until 9pm. 
Made for an amazing dinner experience eating outside on a beautiful evening with a full moon lighting up the harbor. 
price is $129. Seafood tower very good. 3 entrees on the same plate was a little unusual. Great desserts. 

CCD54417-EDD9-4F10-B3A4-E848FD2CF57C.jpeg

Edited by otownfins
Error
  • Thanks 1