Upgrade question.

tigger54

This is our first Holland American cruise (Nieuw Statendam) but have many cruises under our belt. We booked this cruise through VTG so am wondering will we get any chance for an upsell? Do these upgrade or up sells come in an email or do we bid from their website?
we are fine with our inside cabin but was just wondering how upgrades/upsells work with HA.

Thank you

11 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

This is our first Holland American cruise (Nieuw Statendam) but have many cruises under our belt. We booked this cruise through VTG so am wondering will we get any chance for an upsell? Do these upgrade or up sells come in an email or do we bid from their website?
we are fine with our inside cabin but was just wondering how upgrades/upsells work with HA.

Thank you

Usually with email with us and I'll add some of the upsells have been an insult to our intelligence, a few of them were higher than the price on the HAL website,

Edited by MISTER 67

You can call the upsell department and ask yourself.  I wouldn’t call until a few weeks prior to sailing.  I have gotten good offers and I have gotten lousy offers. I always call at least once. Always be ready with your cheat sheet, a deck plan and a credit card

Edited by Mary229
  • Thanks 1

We use the same TA as OP and our experience is they do not routinely forward upsells...(You may get in trouble for mentioning the TA name on here....that is a big no-no so just be aware) ....I did plead with the TA to be on the lookout for upsells and she did call us on our recent booking.

Nevertheless, I'd follow @Mary229advice above....and follow her directions.  That is what we do and we sometime get a good deal. 

Welcome to Holland America Line.  You picked a great cruise line and awesome ship........

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

But you must follow the rules....

1.  Have booking number

2.  Have credit card

3.  Have deck plan

4.  Be ready to make a decision (calling back after checking w/the spouse may mean not available anymore)

5.  Do not dilly dally on the phone as others are waiting

Good luck!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

But you must follow the rules....

1.  Have booking number

2.  Have credit card

3.  Have deck plan

4.  Be ready to make a decision (calling back after checking w/the spouse may mean not available anymore)

5.  Do not dilly dally on the phone as others are waiting

Good luck!

Called, but I am too early.  Looks like LOTS of cabins available in the category I'm looking to upgrade to, so I'll just be patient and see if I get an offer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trixiee said:

Called, but I am too early.  Looks like LOTS of cabins available in the category I'm looking to upgrade to, so I'll just be patient and see if I get an offer!

As you can't see how many GTY bookings there are, you can't really say there are lots of cabins available. You can only see how many have been assigned.

• Like 3