Venezia, Terrazza Carnevale area?

gkbiiii

What does the Terrazza Carnevale Area on the Venezia include?  The cabin category prices at twice the going rate, yet I don't understand what the VIP Lounge will provide and what the outdoor patio is about.  Considering this, for the May transatlantic, any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I don't see how this is going to draw much of a following without at least a hot tub...

Private sundeck like Retreat on Celebrity and Aurea Sundeck on MSC, but agree without a hottub it lessens the appeal. 

the issue I see is that these are obviously vista class ships, and those used to vista class will be expecting an experience similar to Havana. I Like the Havana area ,and would book in the terrazza area.

I can see an issue occurring when someone does not do research and automatically assumes it would be like the Havana area. This issue is twofold (and possibly three). One, Carnival could do a better job confirming the changes that could occur on this ship. Two, Guests should do research ahead of time instead of automatically assuming it will be Havana. I found these pics by looking at Costa deck plans and doing google searches. Three, see two and assume it *could* end up with a pool back there.

9 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I don't see how this is going to draw much of a following without at least a hot tub...

I think there are hot tubs back there, on the sides. Looks like they are on the very edges. On the top photo, taken at night, appears one is on the left side of the photo.

unless that is a reflection in the glass that I am seeing

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

i wonder if they will be like the havana area on other ship were it is open to the regular folks during the evening hours

The havana area of the vista class ships are no longer open to the public unless you are referring to the part where they have the band and dancing.

• Like 1

This link really explains it thoroughly. 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8828/~/carnival-venezia-(vx)-terrazza-carnevale-staterooms-and-experience

Carnival is introducing the Terrazza Carnevale experience inside and out on the Carnival Venezia. 

Terrazza Carnevale

Enjoy the best views on board at Terrazza Carnevale, a stunning terraced deck featuring comfortable sofas, private alcoves, two whirlpools and a bar serving refreshing cocktails and Italian wines. By night, enjoy the ambiance of a chic rooftop bar under the stars as you mingle with new found friends to the sounds of live music.

Terrazza Staterooms 

The Carnival Venezia will offer a wide variety of well-appointed, beautifully designed staterooms. Terrazza Cabanas feature accommodations with private outdoor patio cabanas that face the expanded lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade and offer magnificent sea views. The ocean-air promenade alongside the cabana staterooms will be for the exclusive use of guests in these staterooms. 

Children must be 12 years of age or older in order to cruise in a these staterooms. The Terrazza Carnevale staterooms and experience is designed to be a place where guests can relax and recharge in a more intimate and private setting and the age requirement will enable us to sustain the desired atmosphere.

Exclusive daytime access to Terrazza Carnevale; guests under 21 must be accompanied by an adult. 

The inside bar area is also marked as an exclusive area as of right now. Unlike Havana, only guests booked in Terrazza can use the bar (at least according to goccl).Screenshot_20221119_190357_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01462e0d5ce05080ff5d7606bf025f59.jpg

Edited by UPNYGuy

On 11/19/2022 at 5:51 AM, shof515 said:

i wonder if they will be like the havana area on other ship were it is open to the regular folks during the evening hours

Havana area (outside anyway) has been fully closed off for about 3 years now. It is Carnival's version of a ship within a ship. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at booking at Terrazza Cabana room for later this year, but sadly there is no images yet on Carnival's website.  The Terrazza level looks pretty cool, but my concern is is the privacy of the balconies.  Not sure if I would like randos hanging in front or walking past my balcony while I am trying to relax.  I guess if it's only randos from the Terrazza level that is less bad though...

20 minutes ago, spruce_cruise said:

I'm looking at booking at Terrazza Cabana room for later this year, but sadly there is no images yet on Carnival's website.  The Terrazza level looks pretty cool, but my concern is is the privacy of the balconies.  Not sure if I would like randos hanging in front or walking past my balcony while I am trying to relax.  I guess if it's only randos from the Terrazza level that is less bad though...

It is the same way on the Vista class ships.  The rear balconies are not private. People can see you from above or below. Do not go out naked on your balcony. I also think that people from the Lido deck can see you as well if they look over the railing.

Edited by Eli_6