Saint Greg’s Carnival Celebration - Live - November 27-December 4, 2022

Saint Greg

I did find another place. As you can imagine a lot of them are booked up the day before thanksgiving for the weekend after thanksgiving. 

My last room was $150. This is $195. That’s about the best you’re going to do my weekend. I think the other one nicer being in a newer building and having a balcony. 

I have figured that a company owns this entire building and has it broken down into apartments that are all rented out on Airbnb. They all seem to have high 4’s out of 5 for a rating. My specific one only has 5 reviews and they are all 5 star. The location is better because it’s two blocks from the heart of little Havana where the other one was way down on the end.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/688337487799547457

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8

I definitely see all these New York things differently after being there. On the thanksgiving parade they just showed a Hilton and I’m like “man that looks familiar.” Then they show the other side of the street and it’s the Warwick…I’m like oh yeah…That Hilton.

E82D8B80-D8A0-4AC2-AEB9-675D932A3CE7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The last minute shopping is definitely interesting this week. If I wanted something from Amazon I had to have it ordered no later than Monday. Wednesday I thought of a couple things I might want. Amazon says Tuesday delivery. I knew I wasn't going to a store yesterday or today. Wednesday night I stopped by Walmart and there were no spots available. None. Unless Metallica is playing in there, I'm not doing it. I'll wait for Miami.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The last minute shopping is definitely interesting this week. If I wanted something from Amazon I had to have it ordered no later than Monday. Wednesday I thought of a couple things I might want. Amazon says Tuesday delivery. I knew I wasn't going to a store yesterday or today. Wednesday night I stopped by Walmart and there were no spots available. None. Unless Metallica is playing in there, I'm not doing it. I'll wait for Miami.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, slimbyspring said:

Have you ever had issues with Spirit?  We are debating using them for a cruise coming up but I have heard horror stories about cancellations.

I have had some flight changes. Mostly minor. I think on my last trip both flights were adjusted a half hour. If you go back through my prior reviews I used Spirit to Magic in 2019, Panorama in 2020 and 2021, New York this year. Also to Planet Hollywood Cancun during the shutdown.

They are my favorite. The fares are decent but the huge plus for me is the upgrade to either exit row with additional legroom or big front seat, which is basically a first class seat without the first class service. Those upgrades are so much cheaper than other lines. I might pay the same for the best seat on Spirit as I do for just a regular seat on Delta. At one point in time they had $1 wifi. It's more expensive now but still cheaper than other lines.

• Like 2

Now I got a message from the airbnb people 

"Hello Deshorn, we have you checking in tomorrow!

We are only missing a photo of an ID to verify the name and age before your arrival please.

Once we have that you will be all set and check in instructions will be sent tomorrow once the place is ready."

Hopefully they sent that to the wrong person. My name is not deshorn. I didn't mention this but I had to jump through all kinds of hoops on Wednesday for Airbnb. I had to verify email, phone, upload a picture. Upload my ID front and back. It was a big hassle. They wouldn't confirm my reservation until I did all that. So I'm hoping I don't have to do it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

@Saint Greg I hope there is some recourse for you with VRBO, even if it's only leaving a bad review for the host. That sucks!

I haven't found a way to leave a review for a place I haven't stayed at or a way to contact VRBO as a guest other than an automated text line that just tells me my reservation was canceled.

Hopefully you'll have a place to stay once you get there tomorrow... I've never messed with any of those short term rental type places, and this leads me to believe I'm on the right track... Nothing but actual hotels for me. Best of luck that you don't have to spend tomorrow trying to find a place to stay...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Now I got a message from the airbnb people 

"Hello Deshorn, we have you checking in tomorrow!

We are only missing a photo of an ID to verify the name and age before your arrival please.

Once we have that you will be all set and check in instructions will be sent tomorrow once the place is ready."

Hopefully they sent that to the wrong person. My name is not deshorn. I didn't mention this but I had to jump through all kinds of hoops on Wednesday for Airbnb. I had to verify email, phone, upload a picture. Upload my ID front and back. It was a big hassle. They wouldn't confirm my reservation until I did all that. So I'm hoping I don't have to do it again.

Hmmmm sounds like a scam to me.  What's with the age thing, thought that was against the law?

• Like 1