Saint Greg’s Carnival Celebration - Live - November 27-December 4, 2022

Saint Greg

Following. We will be on Celebration Jan 8th. Just off Horizon yesterday docked right beside the newship. Was hoping to get a good look at her.... Saw just a glimpse. Was horrible debarkation from terminal D. Pouring rain, broken escalator, experienced terminal staff sent to F to greet Celebration VIPs etc etc. Have a good trip! Always enjoy your reviews.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Looking forward to reading your take on the Celebration and comparing it with the MG.  Especially looking forward to your opinion regarding the new bars that replaced Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller, the Golden Jubilee and Latitudes.

We'll be on her for five days in January, 14 in September and another 14 in January of 2024.

We just got off the Celebration Transatlantic:

Latitudes - Loved it - I really like how they moved this bar over to Starboard and created an area with views outside, as well as create an area in the main "walkway" to sit down and grab a drink before dinner.  The performer is no longer stuck in a corner but has a nice area mid-ship with some tables just in front to enjoy the show.

Golden Jubiliee - The bar is nice and located exactly where Brass Magnolia is.  It has a really cool scaled model of Celebration right next to the bar.  I did not like the layout change to the adjoining entertainment area.  It closes off the area for passerby's to enjoy the entertainer.  I really like the booth's and "Jazz Club" feel from Mardi Gras.  On Celebration Jubilee just seems like another small lounge area.

• Like 3

You may remember two cruises ago I had the free audible trial which gave me two free audio books. No such luck last cruise. But a couple weeks ago I got the offer again. I signed up and grabbed the 2nd and 3rd books in the cruise confidential series. Then I canceled so I don’t get charged in a month. 

ACF96D24-2666-4AC6-921F-9A121404FFAC.thumb.jpeg.970aad37dc8409301bbbdbcb71612b7f.jpeg

0FC29F9E-D383-43A1-85ED-BD44E8563977.thumb.jpeg.f81d72bcd290716310dfb025c47e0a77.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

When do you fly to Miami @Saint Greg?

Saturday morning. Got a bit of a scramble going on because I messaged my VRBO guy to find out how to get the key. He canceled my booking, refunded me, and said the last person messed the place up. Now I'm going to have to pay an additional $50-100 at another place.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Saturday morning. Got a bit of a scramble going on because I messaged my VRBO guy to find out how to get the key. He canceled my booking, refunded me, and said the last person messed the place up. Now I'm going to have to pay an additional $50-100 at another place.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Well isn’t that a fine how do you do 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blarko said:

Well isn’t that a fine how do you do 

Yeah not too happy with it. I'm sure this is just a coincidence that it just happened to come up when I asked about the key. And he hasn't been sitting on this for awhile. And he was going to notify me today even if I ended up waiting until friday or saturday to ask about the key. I do think I should be compensated for the amount it's going to cost to book another place. I would've been penalized had I canceled within 7 days.

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah not too happy with it. I'm sure this is just a coincidence that it just happened to come up when I asked about the key. And he hasn't been sitting on this for awhile. And he was going to notify me today even if I ended up waiting until friday or saturday to ask about the key. I do think I should be compensated for the amount it's going to cost to book another place. I would've been penalized had I canceled within 7 days.

Seems like the fair thing for them to do would be make up the difference.

giphy.gif

• Like 3