Saint Greg’s Carnival Celebration - Live - November 27-December 4, 2022

Saint Greg

Your vacation is right around the corner and our great crew is excited to welcome you aboard. As you get ready to join us, we want to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming cruise.

Travel Documents

Cruising with Carnival is easy! Vaccines and testing are no longer required for cruises of 15 days or less. Although vaccines are not required, we encourage all guests 5 years of age and older to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines, when eligible, and carry proof of vaccination.*

Certain destinations have imposed certain restrictions for unvaccinated guests and we cannot guarantee that more will be added:

Grand Turk and Cartagena, Colombia – age 18 and older will have to remain on board.

*Proof of vaccination is required if your itinerary calls on Grand Turk and Cartagena.

Online Check-In & Arrival Appointments

All guests are required to complete their Online Check-in and print the boarding pass no later than midnight prior to sailing. Opt-in for text alerts to stay up to date and click here to learn about our Smile & Go technology.

Please plan to arrive at the cruise terminal within your Arrival Appointment. Guests who arrive early will be asked to return at their assigned time. Unfortunately, we are unable to embark guests who arrives after final boarding time.

Checked luggage delivery service is available until 2 hours before the ship's departure time. If you arrive after this time, you will be responsible for taking your bags on board.

For cruise terminal and parking information, please click here.  

Travel Documents

Bring your government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older) and valid citizenship documents, like your passport, birth certificate and any necessary visas.

Self-Mustering (Safety Briefing)
We’ve made it easy for guests to comply with the safety briefing. Click here to see the five simple steps to take once you get on board.

Download the Carnival Hub App
The Carnival HUB App is your guide to FUN – download here before you leave home. Check out what’s happening on board, book shore excursions, specialty dining and spa appointments, review our food and drink menus, and even request food delivery of our guest favorites from almost anywhere on the ship. To save time, you can also reserve an appointment to speak with a Guest Services Associate.

Code of Conduct

We want you to have a memorable vacation but please remember a cruise ship is a shared space. Our Carnival Values underscore that everyone should feel welcome and included, and that everyone on board demonstrate care and respect towards others. Our experience has taught us that everyone has a better time when children are supervised, noise in the hallways is kept to a minimum, guests follow queues, and that a spirit of community and neighborliness is shown by all. Consistent with our commitment to safety, disruptive behavior is not tolerated and any guest whose conduct affects the comfort, enjoyment, safety or well-being of other guests or crew will be disembarked at their own expense and banned from sailing on Carnival in the future. Any violation of our Code of Conduct may result in a fine of $500 and reimbursement of expenses incurred by Carnival as a result of the detainment or disembarkation. 

Youth Curfew
Guests 17 years of age and under who are not accompanied by an adult in their traveling party, 21 years of age or older, must be clear of all public areas by 1:00 a.m. 

Smoking & Marijuana
Smoking in non-designated areas, including staterooms and balconies, and discharging any item overboard is prohibited and will result in a $500 charge per violation. This applies to all forms of smoking, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes and marijuana. Carnival recognizes that some states in the U.S. have legalized the use of recreational and/or medical marijuana. However, cruise lines are required to follow U.S. federal law, which strictly prohibits possession and use of marijuana and other illegal substances. Consequently, marijuana, including marijuana for medical purposes, and other illegal drugs, are not allowed on board. Please review our complete Tobacco and Marijuana Smoking Policy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now we’re talking. I think I was A06 or something on Mardi Gras last year. I have seen some A01’s this year, but I  figure on the early cruises of the new ships there are a lot of diamond/platinums.

91727DAC-F46F-479A-956C-2BAA5A79C2CA.jpeg.c64d3920e2d40536f390dd782e830977.jpeg

I tried staying up until midnight last night for check in... At about nine I knew that there was no way in heck that it was going to happen... When I got up, I completed it, and still ended up getting 11:00 - 11:30, so I'm happy with it...

Screenshot_20221120-080026.png

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Good early morning. I’m getting ready to head to New Orleans for the Saints game.

I missed the last game due to a little misunderstanding with work over vacation time. I had to cancel that trip to save this cruise. It turned out I was right. I had the time for both. By the time they figured that out, my tickets were gone. I was able to get one of the giveaways from that game on eBay. It was a smaller version of a poster that hung on my wall as a kid. …actually the original is still on my wall. But it’s in a frame now.

I purposely booked a hotel near the river this trip to knock out a hotel review near the port that I haven’t been to yet. And I got a good deal on it. $107 after taxes and fees for the Hampton Inn New Orleans Convention Center on Hotwire. Pre-covid this hotel had a park and cruise package that included a shuttle to the port. I don’t see it offered on their website anymore. It is just a couple blocks from the Fulton Parking Garage where I have parked for all 9 of my New Orleans cruises. 

Normally Carnival Glory will be in port on Sunday and depending on where it’s at in the 5-4-5 schedule, Valor would potentially be in tomorrow. This week neither will be in port. I believe Glory is adjusting its schedule in preparation for a Panama Canal cruise. That one is on my list. Most of them seem to be Nov-Jan for some reason. And I try to avoid cruises that are going to have me out for two Sundays during football season too far in advance.

At the Julia Street port, NCL Breakaway should be in port today. Radiance of the Seas should be in tomorrow

BBF00E5A-40EA-4FEF-9042-653C741E160D.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, detroitavant said:

Sorry about that, we're the most consistently inconsistent team.  Now onwards to our yearly Thanksgiving beating.

Your guys beat our guys up so bad, I don't see how the Giants will even be competitive in Dallas on Thursday. 

I was hoping to see a sailaway. I saw an estimated departure time of 4pm. I said be right back and rushed out. I’ve now been gone over two hours which seems excessive for brb. Who knows if this is real or just to see if I’m alive.

760E0D49-EA8B-4798-A3FF-3FE8BD950228.jpeg

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Good early morning. I’m getting ready to head to New Orleans for the Saints game.

I missed the last game due to a little misunderstanding with work over vacation time. I had to cancel that trip to save this cruise. It turned out I was right. I had the time for both. By the time they figured that out, my tickets were gone. I was able to get one of the giveaways from that game on eBay. It was a smaller version of a poster that hung on my wall as a kid. …actually the original is still on my wall. But it’s in a frame now.

I purposely booked a hotel near the river this trip to knock out a hotel review near the port that I haven’t been to yet. And I got a good deal on it. $107 after taxes and fees for the Hampton Inn New Orleans Convention Center on Hotwire. Pre-covid this hotel had a park and cruise package that included a shuttle to the port. I don’t see it offered on their website anymore. It is just a couple blocks from the Fulton Parking Garage where I have parked for all 9 of my New Orleans cruises. 

Normally Carnival Glory will be in port on Sunday and depending on where it’s at in the 5-4-5 schedule, Valor would potentially be in tomorrow. This week neither will be in port. I believe Glory is adjusting its schedule in preparation for a Panama Canal cruise. That one is on my list. Most of them seem to be Nov-Jan for some reason. And I try to avoid cruises that are going to have me out for two Sundays during football season too far in advance.

At the Julia Street port, NCL Breakaway should be in port today. Radiance of the Seas should be in tomorrow

We stayed here for our Glory Cruise and enjoyed it. We walked to the French Quarter with no issues. We did take the shuttle to the port. It's a quick ride. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natefish95 said:

Oh thank god, a thread I can actually stand to read. People have been especially whiney on the boards lately. Looking forward to your adventures on Celebration! 

You've been reading the wrong threads. It has been great lately. You should have been following Megan's "Scarlet Lady- 11/16-11/20- LIVE" thread. I know, Virgin Voyages, but she's a Carnival regular.

Gotta branch out from Carnival threads to avoid whining. Carnival folks have a abnormal amount to whine about with Carnival converting to running troop ships and all (complete with someone blaring over speakers to make sure you get up by regulation time).😁

But enough of my whining...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Looking forward to reading your take on the Celebration and comparing it with the MG.  Especially looking forward to your opinion regarding the new bars that replaced Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller, the Golden Jubilee and Latitudes.

We'll be on her for five days in January, 14 in September and another 14 in January of 2024.

8 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Oh thank god, a thread I can actually stand to read. People have been especially whiney on the boards lately. Looking forward to your adventures on Celebration! 

Read the review by @TxTeach79 on the MardiGras. His has been great. 

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I

760E0D49-EA8B-4798-A3FF-3FE8BD950228.jpeg

I got some more detail on that situation at dinner.

A family of five with one of those hotel key holders with our room number on it but no actual key came up and knocked on the door saying it was their room.

And my step fathers first thought was that I was down in the bar sending random people up with my card holder to mess with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11