Customer Service Hold Time

I tried calling last week and they said the wait time was 2 hours so I did the call back option.  I wanted to book a cruise.  I never received a call back.  So I went online and booked it myself.  I received a confirmation of my deposit but never received a confirmation of the cruise.  I don't have how much I owe, room number nothing.

Yesterday I called again to see if I could get them to send me a copy and waited 4 hours and 2 min before I hung up,  This is ridiculous.  I wish I hadn't booked the cruise now.

1 minute ago, rs45thompson said:

I tried calling last week and they said the wait time was 2 hours so I did the call back option.  I wanted to book a cruise.  I never received a call back.  So I went online and booked it myself.  I received a confirmation of my deposit but never received a confirmation of the cruise.  I don't have how much I owe, room number nothing.

Yesterday I called again to see if I could get them to send me a copy and waited 4 hours and 2 min before I hung up,  This is ridiculous.  I wish I hadn't booked the cruise now.

this is what hate about royal. they never send the confirmation when you book like what other cruise line do right away

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

this is what hate about royal. they never send the confirmation when you book like what other cruise line do right away

I have never had this situation at all, and I make all my bookings over the phone with RCI. I check my email while their still on the phone and open the pdf and print it out. No problem.

Every time I tried yesterday, it was 2-3 hr wait.  So I tried this morning.  Got my kids organized with breakfast and school and then I called.  It was 7:15am.  The wait estimated was 15 minutes.  Ended up being 25 minutes but not bad considering other times.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, Moon Orchid said:

I used to call C&A number but not anymore. Now I would call 866-562-7625 early in the morning or around 7-8 in the evening .I was calling the other night to get the price reduction for our cruise and only have to wait 1 minute.

I have only had to wait less than a minute when calling C & A #.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Willing to bet 60-70% of those calling could obtain the information they need some other way, tying up the lines and making it difficult for those who MUST call for the assistance they need. We use a TA so never have a reason to call Royal.

I work for a financial institution and that is the approximate percentage of our calls that clog our phone lines : "what is my account balance?", "what is that $5.00 charge on my account?", "what time does the downtown branch close?" All information they could get online or through our automated system, but instead the tie up our phones and those with fraud or other serious issues get to wait on long holds.

On 11/20/2022 at 11:15 AM, Lisacruzzes said:

Yesterday I waited on hold for 3 hours before I gave up. I put my name in the queue at 9:20 am this morning. Still no call back. I am now back on hold, 2 hours later and still waiting. I understand with Black Friday sales, it would be busy, but I have never experienced these hold times and have been cruising exclusively with RC for 10+ years. If I could do what I want to with my existing reservation online, I would. If I could chat with someone online, I would. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Royal is experiencing record bookings according to new reports I've read. They were already short staffed. Calling the C&A doesn't seem to matter time wise. When Icon bookings started, they were receiving a lot of calls. I think they're just really busy with not enough people. Feels like similar to everywhere else.

Was on hold yesterday for 45 minutes before someone picked up.  Explained situation but she couldn't resolve it (hard to understand her because of the language barrier and her dog barking in the background).  Asked for a supervisor and was told to wait.  20 minutes later we were disconnected.  😏😵😤

On 11/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, Ashland said:

I have never had this situation at all, and I make all my bookings over the phone with RCI. I check my email while their still on the phone and open the pdf and print it out. No problem.

We are talking about when you book online not when you call.  When you book online they don't send you a confirmation only a receipt of your deposit.

On 12/3/2022 at 3:27 PM, restasured said:

And you will get the same kind of response you see on here.  i tried but couldn't get through but will try again.

Not really.  My agent(s) have not complained of long hold times to me.