Oversold GTY Oceanview Balcony

Dthorne1

54 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Perhaps Laura’s assignment will be official in a few days (mine, too, for that matter). If not, I rather doubt TAs have access to the guest’s set sail pass to decode the barcode even if the TA know the barcode trick.

Ken tells me all the OV's are gone. Just a few suites left. Guess they're waiting on RoyalUps to process

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Ken tells me all the OV's are gone. Just a few suites left. Guess they're waiting on RoyalUps to process

I’ve been watching.  Many days the OVs show sold out. Every and then OV’s have been available.  As my cabin is not officially assigned yet, though, I could not swap.  

On 11/29/2022 at 4:16 PM, Starry Eyes said:

Perhaps Laura’s assignment will be official in a few days (mine, too, for that matter). If not, I rather doubt TAs have access to the guest’s set sail pass to decode the barcode even if the TA know the barcode trick.

Today we got our docs and our official cabin assignment (deck 3 near forward elevators).  Did Laura get her assignment?

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, Biker19 said:

Just realize that booking a fixed cabin does not exempt you from a very rare, but possible move.

An agent just told me that I can't move without paying the difference. There are cabins available within what I was assigned. I have no problem owning my mistake and certainly won't do this again. 🤣

5 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

An agent just told me that I can't move without paying the difference. There are cabins available within what I was assigned. I have no problem owning my mistake and certainly won't do this again. 🤣

If the cabin you want to move to is the SAME EXACT category as what you were assigned call again and ask to switch cabins.  DON'T mention that you have a guaranteed stateroom just ask to switch cabins and give them the new cabin number

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

They must not be the exact cabin category or you could move. Like d2 can only move to D2, not d3, though both are balconies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They must not be the exact cabin category or you could move. Like d2 can only move to D2, not d3, though both are balconies.

Thanks for info! It is the same category and I'm going to call again as Molly suggested.🤣 I also did a RoyalUp bid. I'm getting out, one way or another... and absolutely never again will I try this! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by C_hasRedBottoms
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

I believe some countries have different booking rules (and perhaps booking laws/protections) than other countries.  Is yours a US/Canadian booking?  Or another country?

If yours is a US/ Canadian booking, the other time I have had difficulty is when the category has not been released for booking for the number in my party.  For example, gty for 2 is assigned a cabin that hold 3 or 4.  You may have trouble swapping cabins if that category cannot be booked at that moment by a party of 2.  You might try appealing to resolutions/revenue; maybe they might agree if you are lucky.

Edited by Starry Eyes

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I believe some countries have different booking rules (and perhaps booking laws/protections) than other countries.  Is yours a US/Canadian booking?  Or another country?

If yours is a US/ Canadian booking, the other time I have had difficulty is when the category has not been released for booking for the number in my party.  For example, gty for 2 is assigned a cabin that hold 3 or 4.  You may have trouble swapping cabins if that category cannot be booked at that moment by a party of 2.  You might try appealing to resolutions/revenue; maybe they might agree if you are lucky.

Thank you so much for sharing. It is a US booking for 2, that could very well be the reason! 😊 

On 11/22/2022 at 10:39 AM, Dthorne1 said:

Well after about 4 hrs on the phone with the travel agent who was talking with RCCL we decided to take the 7 day cruise that leaves the same day except out of Miami. It messed up our flights and we had to pay $600 to change the flights to leave a day earlier. I feel like RCCL should have ponied up on that since this was their internal issue. The biggest issue I had was my daughter and nanny were booked with us and they had a guaranteed interior room confirmed on the 8 day cruise Royal was going to try and up charge me $400 to get them switched over to the 7 day cruise with us.  So Long story short at least we still get to cruise on the week we all have off.

Royal should be happy. You just freed up two cabins for them and filled two on a ship that had space.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

Thank you so much for sharing. It is a US booking for 2, that could very well be the reason! 😊 

If you decide to press for the swap (involving the resolutions and revenue, if needed), please come back and let us know the outcome.  When it happened to me, I did not push very hard, stopping after a rep briefly talked to resolutions.  Turned out well, as we liked the cabin; the adjacent “white space” on the deck plan was quiet.

• Like 1