Reserve A Guaranteed State Room

Tiggipaws

Hello

Looking to book a balcony or mini suit on Sky Princess for a December 2023 cruise. I want to book midships decks 9 to 14 but the website will not let me choose a cabn and says reserve your stateroom  and it will be assigned just prior to departure. Am I likely to gt a cabin midships and on the deck I choose?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Tiggipaws said:

Hello

Looking to book a balcony or mini suit on Sky Princess for a December 2023 cruise. I want to book midships decks 9 to 14 but the website will not let me choose a cabn and says reserve your stateroom  and it will be assigned just prior to departure. Am I likely to gt a cabin midships and on the deck I choose?

Thanks

Use a TA and they can get you what you want. Pick the state room you want and tell them what state room number it is. If it is available, they can book it and you will be guaranteed at that time.

However, if you book a guarantee cabin or suite you cannot specify location or room number. You may get something you want, or you may get fhe worst cabin in  that category. But once you receive your assignment,  if there are still cabins available in that category,  you can call and ask for a cabin change.

A lot of balcony and minisuites sleep 3 and Princess website won't show what is available wen only searching staterooms available for 2 people.  Change your stateroom search to 3 people and a whole lot more cabins will show as available.  Once you decide which stateroom you want you can call Princess or your TA to book it.

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

What kind of balcony are you wanting, and for how many people?  If you want a Deluxe Balcony, for two, the system won't show these for you.   If you put in three people, then see what is offered.  That might make a difference.  You can then see which ones are actually not taken.

This is not true.  It may be that they are sold out for a voyage you look at.  Could be a Princess bug going on in the sales system (not the first time).  You may also be able to find actual cabins on a 3rd party booking engine, such as a US-based online agency.

2 hours ago, Tiggipaws said:

Hello

Thanks

Some are saying you can get a bad location.  Yes, that could happen, depending on which cabin Category you are booking under. 

You mentioned you are booking in prime territory.  If you are booking a BA, DA, or MA, it is highly unlikely you are going to get a bad cabin assignment as they cannot block you into any lower Category - only the same or higher. 

So, I suppose if you book a BA GTY, you could be given the lowest Deluxe, and you might not like that location.  Otherwise, you have pretty favorable odds.

• Like 1

I 2nd using a CVP or TA. My CVP got me my preferred room months ago and the others in that category still are not available as its part of a Circle Japan itinerary and I'm booking as a redeployment rate (2k less)

If it is the Christmas holiday cruise, is it already almost sold out?

That could be an issue.  Those cabins might be getting heavily booked.

If you do different searches with different number of passengers in the room, and still none show up for you to choose from, then I wouldn't know anything you could do.

Some TAs are better at knowing how to go into their system and get the cabins and rates and perks.  And, some are not.

If you do see cabins that are showing for more guests than you are booking for, people have talked about making the booking with a so-called extra passenger, and then just cancelling that passenger.   I have also heard of people calling and having their TA or Princess Planner go ahead and assign their GTY booking to a cabin. 

I would assume that if you book a BA or DA or MA, which are usually those mid-ship locations, you would get, AT LEAST that assignment.   But, remember, they can also assign, for example, a good BA guarantee to a non-prime location deluxe balcony.   At least I think it might work that way.

It is true that Princess has been choosing which cabins to offer to different number of passengers.

And, I have seen several times where no deluxe balcony cabins will show up.  Only GTY.  This can happen even when almost all of them are still actually available on the sailing.  Not when the number available are limited.  but all of them seem to be marked for larger parties.

Don't know if Princess has their system this way on purpose, if there is a problem or glitch, or what.

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, Tiggipaws said:

Hi

Thank you for all the replies. I have tried a few dummy bookings and have found a small number of cabins bookable for 2 persons but there are quite a few more if I put 3 persons

Pick any 3 person cabin number you want to reserve and call Princess or your TA to book it.  Online won't let you do it, but an agent can book the one you want.