Anyone sailing on Navigator at the moment?

Techno123

Due to join the Navigator for a Caribbean cruise in just over 2 weeks (if we can get out of the UK that is as everyone seems to be planning a pre Christmas strike 😱. Some of the Heathrow staff, the train companies, the passport and security staff but 🤞🏻🤞🏻We will arrive in Miami on the 11th).

Seen a few recent posts about the other ships but nothing on the little one 😁 question is, is anyone onboard at the moment who would be willing to answer a few questions - is all well and happy? Staff settled in after Covid, ship looking pretty and food tasting great? First sea cruise for a while and looking forward to some luxury 😁. Thank you for any feedback.

Edited by Techno123

You will find, in general, the same excellent food and service on all the ships. They are not loading their best people onto Splendor...although some staff do get a say in where they are assigned. Ray is the CD on Navigator and we think he is the best. Hopefully he will be on in 2 weeks. Navigator is not a flashy ship like Splendor - but we prefer her coziness over any other ship.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You will find, in general, the same excellent food and service on all the ships. They are not loading their best people onto Splendor...although some staff do get a say in where they are assigned. Ray is the CD on Navigator and we think he is the best. Hopefully he will be on in 2 weeks. Navigator is not a flashy ship like Splendor - but we prefer her coziness over any other ship.

Thank you Pcardad that is reassuring - this is only our second Regent cruise (done a few on Seabourn) first was on Voyager this coming one on Navigator then next year on the Explorer so we will have done each size 😁

7 minutes ago, cwn said:

Love Ray as CD. We board the Navigator on the 22nd. It would be a great present if he was still on. But he probably goes home for Christmas!

We will wave to you as you get on and we get off but don't wish the next few weeks away too quickly 😁

• Like 1

TS:  General comment(s): 

Hope for Ray this coming May as CD.  Many prior Navigator cruises going back about 15 years.  Ray was CD during previous Asian segments; through the Panama Canal--both directions; and, most-recently, on a 06/2018 extended Miami-Amazon River-Miami cruise. 

Two other Navigator scheduled post-2018 cruises were "scuttled" due to COVID.  Hope springs eternal.  We will board Navigator again for a B/t/B beginning in NYC in about six months.    

Navigator does have its--shall I say, quirks, or nuances.  Others would say--"Issues" such as to aft-suite vibrations; lack of a forward-facing internal Observation (Cocktail) and conversation venue Lounge; and having only two--"Prime 7" and a portion of breakfast and lunch La Veranda utilized as "Sette Mari" for dinner--considered as Specialty Restaurants.  Plus, simply the smallest footprint in Regent's fleet.   

Well, you pays your money, (most-often at a reduced per diem rate) and takes your results.  We know what to expect on Navigator.  Consider: the hull (laid down back in the Soviet Union era) was not designed for a civilian cruise ship.  Rather, another USSR "Polar Research Ship". (Editorial comment: NOT!)

Soos--heavy in the bow.  Result: All passenger general venues are mid, or aft, such as restaurants and Theater. 

All things considered. Have always experienced top-service from a dedicated and friendly Staff and Crew.  Navigator's Compass Rose--the primary dinner venue--includes opportunities to order entree' items from those Specialty restaurant venues (such as Pacific Rim, and Chartreuse) which are absent. 

No worries.  Enjoy your cruise!

GOARMY!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Due to join the Navigator for a Caribbean cruise in just over 2 weeks

(snip)

is all well and happy? Staff settled in after Covid, ship looking pretty and food tasting great? First sea cruise for a while and looking forward to some luxury

(Snip)

My wife and I are on the Navigator now, which means we're in the Atlantic somewhere east of Surinam and heading for the Amazon River.

This is our Nth cruise, our third post-COVID, and our first ever on RSSC.

It's TERRIFIC!  We are more than delighted.  In general, RSSC has exceeded our expectations, but fulfilled our hopes.  We’ve booked one future cruise onboard and purchased FCCs for another.

The attitude of on-board staff is wonderful.  The food is very good, at times sensational.  The ShoreEx team is well organized, and our tours have been very good.  The "Signature Orchestra" is exceptionally talented.

Yes, there is (serious) motion on the ship.  We knew in advance that there would be.  And we have NO PROBLEMS with the ship motion due to sea conditions.  Actually, we rather like it.  For many pax though, it is not so fun.

The ship is very well cared-for, inside and out.  It's not brand new, but it shines.

For us, all good.  Enjoy your cruise, @Techno123.  It looks like you'll board as we disembark.

--Marne

• Like 10

2 hours ago, marne-c said:

My wife and I are on the Navigator now, which means we're in the Atlantic somewhere east of Surinam and heading for the Amazon River.

Yes, there is (serious) motion on the ship.  We knew in advance that there would be.  And we have NO PROBLEMS with the ship motion due to sea conditions.  Actually, we rather like it.  For many pax though, it is not so fun.

Glad to hear all is good but will definitely need the travel sickness pills by the sound of it 🤢🤢

thank you everyone for your feedback - looking forward to being at sea again 😁

4 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Glad to hear all is good but will definitely need the travel sickness pills by the sound of it 🤢🤢

thank you everyone for your feedback - looking forward to being at sea again 😁

Reception Desk has Medi-Meclizine tablets available upon request (complimentary).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

Reception Desk has Medi-Meclizine tablets available upon request (complimentary).

Thank you Kwaj girl - I will be their best customer 😂😂 I take cinnarizine twice per day anyway, have the acupressure wrist bands and use Kwells which is Hyoscine in moments of desperation so might try the Meclizine instead if it is better

16 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Thank you Kwaj girl - I will be their best customer 😂😂 I take cinnarizine twice per day anyway, have the acupressure wrist bands and use Kwells which is Hyoscine in moments of desperation so might try the Meclizine instead if it is better

Common side effect of medicine is drowsiness.  Should not mix with alcohol.  Well, that's what they SAY. 😉

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Common side effect of medicine is drowsiness.  Should not mix with alcohol.  Well, that's what they SAY. 😉

It's the only downside to cruising and usually I only lose the odd day to it.  Our last two cruises were on the Danube then Rhine rivers and no issues but going back to the ocean fully prepared.
As a child, falling asleep when travelling was my default to avoid carsickness and I still try to sleep even now as an adult (not when driving of course 😜😜). So far have found the cinnarizine goes very well with a glass of Monopole Blue Top 😂😂

We disembarked on November 17th. We love the little Navigator. Penthouse category cabin #925. The food was excellent throughout the ship. Compass Rose had exceptional service. Some of the best wait staff we ever had.
New experiences…croughnuts and Nelson’s Coffee. 
Excursion department excelled. Resolved my issues very professionally. 
Couldn’t ask for better!

We are so looking forward to our next on Splendor 1/21/23. 
sheila

535BBC9D-0CDE-48B1-BE27-F56A0651B3B1.jpeg

CA2AE3D4-AAC4-402E-9DD1-CA6CD9519F43.jpeg

F423AB18-EA2A-45DF-8C27-4A91D2B4845B.jpeg

692D883A-D7D7-4AD4-B2DF-8A94ED8E8233.jpeg

EA139412-AB33-4FB2-BA10-F3DA848F06C2.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We disembarked on November 17th. We love the little Navigator. Penthouse category cabin #925. The food was excellent throughout the ship. Compass Rose had exceptional service. Some of the best wait staff we ever had.
New experiences…croughnuts and Nelson’s Coffee. 
Excursion department excelled. Resolved my issues very professionally. 
Couldn’t ask for better!

We are so looking forward to our next on Splendor 1/21/23. 
sheila

Thank you for your positive feedback, Sheila -it's much appreciated 😁

• Like 1