Shareholder OBC

Wineaux007

Having nothing better to do as the turkey is in the oven, I applied for shareholder OBC via email, attaching a copy of my brokerage statement.  The two cruises are for Apr/May 2024.   Here's the timeline:

12:55pm - sent email to Rccl

1:21pm - received auto reply that they received my email

1:38pm - 28 Apr 2024 sailing OBC approved

1:44pm - 12 May 2024 sailing OBC approved

WOW!  That was really, really fast.  

Edited by Wineaux007
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Having nothing better to do as the turkey is in the oven, I applied for shareholder OBC via email, attaching a copy of my brokerage statement.  The two cruises are for Apr/May 2024.   Here's the timeline:

12:55pm - sent email to Rccl

1:21pm - received auto reply that they received my email

1:38pm - 28 Apr 2024 sailing OBC approved

1:44pm - 12 May 2024 sailing OBC approved

WOW!  That was really, really fast.  

Wow!  I was holding off on submitting my shareholder OBC request for my January cruise as I thought it was too far out.  I'm going to submit mine now.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I don’t see mine listed anymore and it didn’t pop up when I purchased internet for cruise next month. I do have the email from when it was credited a few months ago. Will probably just go to guest services when I board, rather than deal with hold times right now.

Funny thing about shareholder OBC is that it can go either way. I sent in the requested statement both by email and by their website. I got an answer to my email the day after that the request was DENIED because of my name not being the same as on the bank statement... I have a Swedish surname with the letter Å in it, and Royal Caribbean use only letters from the English Alphabet so they said that the name was not the same on the bank statement as on my reservation 😂 my letter Å became an A in the booking and that has always been like that. Just as I started to think of how I should explain this to them the day after I got another email saying that my OBC was applied, so it worked through their website but not by email..

Maybe this was a once error since I have gotten shareholders OBC several times before on different cruises.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t see mine listed anymore and it didn’t pop up when I purchased internet for cruise next month. I do have the email from when it was credited a few months ago. Will probably just go to guest services when I board, rather than deal with hold times right now.

I sent an e-mail with broker statement attachment for my December '23 Harmony cruise.  Received response that the attachment was not readable, even though I used the same method in the past.  Replied and did not hear from them in some 2 weeks.  Did the next best thing, faxed and received confirm of the $100 OB the very next day.

I wish the hold time is that fast when you call them.😀

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

On board they will most likely be able to not help you.  best to deal with it beforehand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Don't wait.  I had the same issue on Navigator in February.  Went to GS with my paperwork and they said they had to contact Shareholder department.  Then I had to send them all the info again, which I did.  Never got the credit.  I would send another note now to make sure it shows up on your planner.  

• Like 1

Early in the week I submitted for a Jan cruise.  Email confirmation came the next morning and got the updated cruise invoice showing OBC.  Immediately was in my cruise planner account.

Sent one in last night (Thanksgiving) for a cruise in Oct 2023.  Got the email this morning saying it was approved.  No new invoice yet, and nothing in the cruise planner.  I was surprised it was approved for a cruise so far in the future, but would have liked it before needing to grab a good price on the drinks package today.

Sent both in with the paper form to the email address. 

• Like 1

Just got the new invoice about 24 hours after.  Waiting for it to pop up in the planner, hopefully before midnight.  😉

Edit.  It just showed up.  About 20 minutes after the email.  Nice!

Edited by mattg43

?

The snail/mail form allows the use of a copy of the proxy. I would prefer this for online submission vs cut and paste copy of brokerage statement. Has anyone had success using the proxy copy vs brokerage statement for the online submission?

On 11/25/2022 at 12:44 AM, ridgecrest said:

Wow!  I was holding off on submitting my shareholder OBC request for my January cruise as I thought it was too far out.  I'm going to submit mine now.  Thanks for sharing!

I have all my shareholder credits out through April right now.