Do MoveUp Offers Change

zanyw

We're booked for the Solstice on January 14th, 2023 in an interior room. I did a few mock bookings and see that there is a significant amount of veranda and AQ rooms available. Today I checked into my MoveUp offers and see that they want $300 PP minimum bid to go into AQ. Is there any chance that these MoveUp minimum bids will go lower as we get closer to departure? 

It's interesting though that the minimum is set that high with this level of availbility 49 days from departure:

Quantity Room Type 11/25/2022 Available
2 Penthouse 2
8 Royal 5
12 Celebrity 5
44 Sky 29
149 AQ 100
254 Concierge 116
24 Sunset Veranda 15
719 Veranda 329
70 Ocean View 45
140 Inside 125

Currently the difference between the price of a Inside cabin and the price of a Aqua cabin is about $1,100 per person.  $300 sounds like very good deal, particularly if you enjoy dining in Blu and would use the Persian Gardens.   If it were me I would bid slightly above minimum

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Currently the difference between the price of a Inside cabin and the price of a Aqua cabin is about $1,100 per person.  $300 sounds like very good deal, particularly if you enjoy dining in Blu and would use the Persian Gardens.   If it were me I would bid slightly above minimum

That $1100 price difference is between an inside cruise only fare and an Aqua AI fare. You're missing out on $500-600 of value without AI through a move up. $300 is still a good deal, but not as good as it may seem.

• Like 1

Just now, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

That $1100 price difference is between an inside cruise only fare and an Aqua AI fare. You're missing out on $500-600 of value without AI through a move up. $300 is still a good deal, but not as good as it may seem.

Your right, I forgot the Aqua is AI.  Which is a good point because with Move Up you don’t get the perks of the new category, so OP wouldn’t get drinks, wi-fi, and prepaid gratuities. 

22 hours ago, zanyw said:

It's interesting though that the minimum is set that high with this level of availbility 49 days from departure:

2 Penthouse 2
8 Royal 5
12 Celebrity 5
44 Sky 29
149 AQ 100
254 Concierge 116
24 Sunset Veranda 15
719 Veranda 329
70 Ocean View 45
140 Inside 125

How did you generate this chart?

13 hours ago, pablaron said:

How did you generate this chart?

Using this PDF (https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2017/07/Solstice_Fact_Sheet-1.pdf) to determine how many of each room category are available and then some CTRL+F logic on the list view of each deck for each category to tally what was available. (https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL07X041&sDT=2023-01-14&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1). Took maybe ten minutes or so to tally up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen the minimum and Max both drop.   Not normal but when I checked my bid had become over the max so I went back in and dropped it.

In the past 6 cruises none of the cabins I was able to bid on changed after being released.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are the minnimum and maximum bids relative to your booking? Or are they standard regardless of original booking?

For example:

Passenger A booked an inside cabin and has min/max bid of 200-1000

Passenger B booked an ocean view cabin. Would their min/max bid range be the same? 

I love a good deal and don't mind an inside cabin, so thinking of how to strategize for max value of potential upgrades. 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 1:02 AM, zanyw said:

2 Penthouse 2
8 Royal 5
12 Celebrity 5
44 Sky 29
149 AQ 100
254 Concierge 116
24 Sunset Veranda 15
719 Veranda 329
70 Ocean View 45
140 Inside 125

I was recently on the Edge TA, the ship sailed with the Iconic suite empty although it was an option to bid for a MoveUp...they'd rather it sail empty than lower the bid I guess.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:02 AM, zanyw said:

2 Penthouse 2
8 Royal 5
12 Celebrity 5
44 Sky 29
149 AQ 100
254 Concierge 116
24 Sunset Veranda 15
719 Veranda 329
70 Ocean View 45
140 Inside 125

how are you able to see this data?

i would love to see Reflection on March 19 2023 sailing

32 minutes ago, scaught said:

^ I'm interested in that too for when my sailing is eligible for a moveup offer...

38 minutes ago, sanjay said:

how are you able to see this data?

i would love to see Reflection on March 19 2023 sailing

Using this PDF (https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2017/07/Solstice_Fact_Sheet-1.pdf) to determine how many of each room category are available and then some CTRL+F logic on the list view of each deck for each category to tally what was available. (https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL07X041&sDT=2023-01-14&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1). Took maybe ten minutes or so to tally up.

57 minutes ago, lbertera said:

We are on the Summit on the 17th.  We originally had concierge class non-AI.  We bid on Aqua Class and were lucky enough to be upgraded.  Since we are in Aqua class now are we AI?

Nope, you don't get the drink package, wifi, or tips included part of AQ. Everything else is though, so you'll get Blu and Persian Garden. 

On 11/26/2022 at 3:34 PM, jelayne said:

Your right, I forgot the Aqua is AI.  Which is a good point because with Move Up you don’t get the perks of the new category, so OP wouldn’t get drinks, wi-fi, and prepaid gratuities. 

Could someone please explain this.

We are currently booked in Aqua and our booking includes drinks, wi-if and gratuities. So if we bid to upgrade to a sky suite, does this mean we wouldn’t get the perks of the new category and then loose 

these perks which we already had in Aqua?

1 hour ago, simon stingray said:

Could someone please explain this.

We are currently booked in Aqua and our booking includes drinks, wi-if and gratuities. So if we bid to upgrade to a sky suite, does this mean we wouldn’t get the perks of the new category and then loose 

these perks which we already had in Aqua?

No you keep those but instead of Blu you gain access to Luminae and you get access The Retreat.  You will only get CC points for your original Acqua booking and not the points for a Sky Suite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:22 AM, zanyw said:

We're booked for the Solstice on January 14th, 2023 in an interior room. I did a few mock bookings and see that there is a significant amount of veranda and AQ rooms available. Today I checked into my MoveUp offers and see that they want $300 PP minimum bid to go into AQ. Is there any chance that these MoveUp minimum bids will go lower as we get closer to departure? 

We are booked on Eclipse 14 January. How were you able to see what the price is for Move up offers? We are only 32 days from sailing but can’t find anything regarding move up pricing. Any information would be greatly appreciated