Any difference In A Balcony That On Deck Plan Is At An Angle?

Luvtoeat

Trying to decide on which balcony to choose and on all the ships deck plans you have balconies that look to be on an angle.  Example- on the Equinox deck 7   cabins 7211, 7215, 7217 and 7219. I expect all the balcony cabins are the same but is there any difference in size of balcony?

There is definitely a difference in the size of the balconies of the angled cabins.  7219, the cabin closest to the "hump" cabins (those are the ten flat-appearing balcony cabins that are in front of hte elevators) has the largest balcony.  Likewise, the first cabin with the angled balconies on all sides of the hump (7241, 7264, 7286) have the largest balconies.  Each angled cabin going away from the hump is slightly smaller, although still larger than a standard balcony.  These cabins are always in high demand.

One thing I recommend, though, it consider a higher deck (8 or 9) as some of the angled balconies on deck 7  that are smaller ones are somewhat overlooking the lifeboats on deck 6.  There's no lifeboat obstruction if you are on deck 8 or 9 with any of the angled balconies.

The angled balcony cabins are definitely better than the standard cabin balconies in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Host Anne said:

There is definitely a difference in the size of the balconies of the angled cabins.  7219, the cabin closest to the "hump" cabins (those are the ten flat-appearing balcony cabins that are in front of hte elevators) has the largest balcony.  Likewise, the first cabin with the angled balconies on all sides of the hump (7241, 7264, 7286) have the largest balconies.  Each angled cabin going away from the hump is slightly smaller, although still larger than a standard balcony.  These cabins are always in high demand.

One thing I recommend, though, it consider a higher deck (8 or 9) as some of the angled balconies on deck 7  that are smaller ones are somewhat overlooking the lifeboats on deck 6.  There's no lifeboat obstruction if you are on deck 8 or 9 with any of the angled balconies.

The angled balcony cabins are definitely better than the standard cabin balconies in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Please don't tell everyone - stick to the line that "angled balconies are dreadful and to be avoided at all costs". Thank you for your help. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Thanks for the info. We have always sailed Summit to Bermuda but looks like in 2024 it will be Eclipse so we will have to figure out how to get a larger balcony. We are used to the large aft Aqua balconies on Summit.

Laura

21 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Hope this helps.

On deck 6 the two angled cabins closest to the flat section.. are generally less expensive than the two angle cabins next to them.. The reason is the lifeboat davit...which gives a bit of an obstructed view.  If you don't mind that chunky bit of equipment.. you can save a few $ while also having a larger veranda. The biggest issue..other than the davit.. is the possible cigaret smoke from the promenade deck on 5.. can't recall if the smoking area is port or starboard..but I do recall periodic odor of smoke. But the verandas are the same size on all the decks above. Generally the angled cabins are a bit more expensive than other veranda cabins..except for the couple I noted with davit view.

We have one of these angled cabins (#1120) booked on the Reflection in January. On our last cruise we had an aft balcony and, while we liked the extra balcony space, the lack of breeze was oppressive. Looking forward to having a larger balcony with (hopefully) a nice breeze so we can enjoy it more.