"Zero" alcohol

MTCRUISER2412

Looking at booking another NCL cruise and I am curious if they offer zero proof whiskey, gin or vodka on the ships.  I have not drank for years but like to enjoy a "zero" drink when relaxing. If not is there any way I could request this if booking the Haven?  Thank you

Well there is ZERO calorie soft drinks and non-alcoholic beer (although there is really a trace

amount of alcohol 00.05 %) - - -

But ZERO proof alcoholic drinks - hummm ?

zero proof alcohol - Search (bing.com)

While I have not seen any zero proof alcohol behind or on shelves of the ships bar -

simply ask the bartender to do his magic creating that drink WITHOUT alcohol.

Fruity drinks are easier than straight up poured directly from the/a bottle.

Smaller kiosk bars may not be able to fulfill your request but certainly there should

be some speakeasy (large main atrium) bars to accommodate you !

You noted booking in the Haven - these bartender guys are good real good at what they do !

Thank you for the reply. Not much into fruity drinks so was seeing if they have jumped on this trend yet.  It is starting to get more popular I believe.  Some of the zero proof alcohols have a trace amount as well but it is the same amount that is in a ripe banana so hard to get away from any trace.  Same goes for gum for that matter since they have sugar alcohols.  Just trying to figure out how to get a bottle on the ship wihtout breaking the rules. 🙂

Getting beverages alcoholic and non on board any NCL vessel is a problem.

If it is wine - you can get a pass with a corkage service charge*** ($15 pb)

*** Have the beverage package this is waived

The problem you will encounter is even WATER can't be brought on board !

Smuggling anything on board and the Spanish Inquisition results in a visit

to the naughty room.

There maybe a way to meet this head on by running it up the flag pole and

contacting NCL directly for an approved solution - LINK to NCL:

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) - Elliott Report

Good Luck

I cannot answer for NCL however this is my best assumption.  No, they do not have Zero % spirits.  No, I don't believe regardless of she stateroom you are in that they will buy some to have onboard.  NCL is a Main Stream Cruise Brand and they simply don't do things like this.  Now watch everyone post at all the things out side the box that NCL has done for them.  

My experience is some brands would absolutely do this for you with a pre-cruise request.  Those brands would fall under Premium Plus, Luxury or Ultra-Luxury.  Remember, this is my opinion on asking for things in the past.  Please call your NCL representative and get their take.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

I know you can get a Bloody Mary without Vodka (Virgin Mary).  But, a Gin and Tonic now becomes tonic over ice and a squeeze of lime.  Jack and coke becomes.....well..... a coke.

Vodka Martini becomes.....a......ummm.....a potato in a glass?  (j/K)!

• Haha 4

I'll keep an eye out next month, as it's a really good question that I'll bet interests more people.

If nothing else, there are fun things to do with bitters, club soda or ginger beer and n/a mixers that aren't very sweet.  I'd totally hit up the bartenders at the whiskey and the mojito bars and check out their ideas. 

• Like 2

In review (Monday morning quarter-backing) if per chance you are in the HAVEN OWNERS

OR DELUXE OWNERS SUITE or smaller ship the GARDEN VILLA check with the Concierge

on boarding for what magic can be done. In advance of boarding give the Concierge line

a call - you are entitled to complimentary bottles of full proof beverages in your stateroom

see if other arrangements/substitutions may be made. Between your Concierge - Butler and

Haven Bartender see what can be done !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Never heard of such a thing. What in particular are you looking for that you can't get with simply asking for a virgin cocktail?

I'm not sure why, but people that don't want the alcohol content, want the flavor of booze. There are a lot of craft zero alcohol booze makers out there. They've really popped up the last three to five years. I scoff at them, but hey, if at least one alcoholic can recover, then I'm all for it (not insinuating anyone in this thread is an alcoholic, btw)!

To me, alcohol free booze is the same as decaf coffee. Useless. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Never heard of such a thing. What in particular are you looking for that you can't get with simply asking for a virgin cocktail?

What are you looking for in a cocktail, a mind altering drink, or the flavor of the drink?

44 minutes ago, BikerAl said:

What are you looking for in a cocktail, a mind altering drink, or the flavor of the drink?

Depends on my mood and the audience around me.

In all seriousness though, a virgin pina colada is not really missing much by not having the rum flavor. The rest of it is there to provide the essence of what the drink should taste like. All depends on the specific cocktail I suppose and the predominance flavor.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 1:31 PM, MTCRUISER2412 said:

Looking at booking another NCL cruise and I am curious if they offer zero proof whiskey, gin or vodka on the ships.  I have not drank for years but like to enjoy a "zero" drink when relaxing. If not is there any way I could request this if booking the Haven?  Thank you

To answer your question, other than non alcoholic beer they don’t have zero alcohol spirits. I don’t see why you can’t email the Haven concierge and inquire about bringing your own onboard though before sailing.

For our “ha ha” no alcohol crowd just remember the damage alcohol does to your body and the effects it can have being classified as a carcinogen. I commend this individual for their years of sobriety. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

To answer your question, other than non alcoholic beer they don’t have zero alcohol spirits. I don’t see why you can’t email the Haven concierge and inquire about bringing your own onboard though before sailing.

For our “ha ha” no alcohol crowd just remember the damage alcohol does to your body and the effects it can have being classified as a carcinogen. I commend this individual for their years of sobriety. 

WHOA....I didn't see any "ha ha no alcohol" crowd.  Easy there.

No one's laughing at those who don't drink alcohol.  Where did you get that from?

Edited by graphicguy