Solstice Behind the Scenes Tour

royal3

We were on the Solstice B2B in June, and it was offered on both legs.  However, it also was sold out on both legs.  The Retreat Concierges tried to wait list us but there were no cancellations.

We were also on the Solstice in September for another B2B.  When we found it on the Cruise Planner we immediately booked it for the first leg.  It is my understanding that the Behind the Scenes Tour also sold out for those legs in September.

We had taken a Behind the Scenes tour on a M-class ship but never on a S-class.  Throughly enjoyed it again.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the information. So there is hope for us :) . Do you recall how far in advance it appeared on the cruise planner and if it was under Shore Excursions (which has been reported in other threads) or under Onboard Experiences? 

53 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were on the Solstice B2B in June, and it was offered on both legs.  However, it also was sold out on both legs.  The Retreat Concierges tried to wait list us but there were no cancellations.

We were also on the Solstice in September for another B2B.  When we found it on the Cruise Planner we immediately booked it for the first leg.  It is my understanding that the Behind the Scenes Tour also sold out for those legs in September.

We had taken a Behind the Scenes tour on a M-class ship but never on a S-class.  Throughly enjoyed it again.

Would you mind expanding on the tour itself?  What you toured/where you got to go… 

I believe it was listed under Shore Excursions.  My husband was checking for it and found it listed.  Normally we consult with each other, but as soon as he saw it he immediately booked for both of us.  Shore excursion tickets were delivered to the stateroom.

I've already described the tour itself in a previous post.  But the tour includes the Bridge, Engine Control Room, Galley (spent much longer time then the "taste of the operation" walk-through), crew mess (there are actually three), I-95 corridor, interior crew bar, food storage rooms, and laundry.  We did not visit any crew cabins but saw photos.  Nor did we visit the crew store.  I may have missed something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, royal3 said:

Thank you for the information. So there is hope for us 🙂 . Do you recall how far in advance it appeared on the cruise planner and if it was under Shore Excursions (which has been reported in other threads) or under Onboard Experiences? 

I can only tell you my experience. I've been watching for it every day for the past couple of months. (for a cruise in January) Obviously, I was determined to get it booked...lol.

I was checking both in shore excursions and Onboard activities. Finally, at 55 days before embarkation, it showed up in Shore Excursions.

*However*...I also have a cruise booked for March 2024. It is already available under Shore Excursions.

So, no apparent rhyme nor reason. Good luck!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Would you mind expanding on the tour itself?  What you toured/where you got to go… 

I don't know if you've already seen it, but here's a link to a Behind The Scenes Tour we took on Constellation on Oct 31st. 

• Thanks 1