Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

2 minutes ago, MeMetwo said:

Yes, it's pretty ugly outside here in Atlanta today Sid.  Hope you have a light jacket in your bag.  As many others have said, thanks so much for this awesome trip review.  I've followed every word and have enjoyed your enjoyment of your cruise immensely.  As an NCL cruiser I hope you will at least do a mini review of your Prima trip because I would love to see your take on that new class of ship.  In any event, thanks again for this review and enjoy your Prima trip.

I'll probably do some sort of mini Live, but nothing compared to this... Too much work.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Have you considered doing "after the fact" reviews? We love doing them as it helps us to relive our vacations. We could never do a live review because of the reasons you gave for not wanting to continue doing them. 😎

And your “after the fact” reviews are as good if not better than the LIVE reviews.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I had a hard time not taking the nine hundred dollars. I'm so tired right now that I just want to get home THAT BAD... I'm in the plane, and hopefully I'll be on the ground in Atlanta on time. Then, I have to pray that my "box" made it in one piece... After that, it's just a subway ride and a quick Uber or taxi away... I'm still shooting for 3:47...

• Like 12

On 12/10/2022 at 12:38 PM, sid_9169 said:

When I went up to Serenity to get some sun it was pretty crowded... People on almost every chair, and items on most of the rest. I found a row of three that contained a backpack, a flip flop, and another flip flop... I just took the bag and put it on one of the chairs with the flip flop... This lady was looking at me like I just robbed a bank... I just continued to lay down my towel and get settled... 

About a half hour or so later, I heard some voices approaching, and one them said something like "he stole our chair"... I wasn't sure if they were talking about me because I had a t-shirt over my face.

Sure enough, apparently these were the backpack and flip flop people... Roughly Midwestern accents, probably Ohio or Minnesota. So, the guy says "hey, those are our chairs"... I slowly removed the towel from my head, and used my best Robert De Niro accent and line from Taxi Driver... "You talkin' to me?"... He says "yeah, you stole one of our chairs"... I said "sorry, but it looks like you're trying to steal my chair"... He says "don't play games with me, we want our chairs"... I said "you can have this one as soon as I'm finished, but I'm not done yet"... At that point, I just laid back down and put the t shirt back over my face.

I could hear the conversation between them like: "well, what are we going to do? He's in our chair?"... They talked amongst themselves for a minute, and I just continued to ignore them. Next, the guy says again: "well, are you going to give us our chairs?"... I looked up again, and said "I told you that when I was done you could have the chair, but I'm not done yet"... I continued "if you want to go get security, then do it, but for right now this is my chair"... The guy huffed and puffed, and eventually they all stomped away mad... 

Long story short, they had to go find somewhere else to sit...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Since 80% of my dirty clothes are in the box with the liquor, I had a huge area in my suitcase to put my fragile mask from San Juan. If it makes it, it makes it, if not, it was less than $20... Speaking of money, boy did I burn through some this week. I've never spent so "freely" in my life, and it felt good to just throw money around like a rock star. Of course, I'm not wealthy, but I'm also not flat broke. I'll have that nice refund from the Jubilee cruise that got cancelled, so that'll help. Still two and a half hours till boarding time. I wish that I was one of those kinds of people who could take a nap on the filthy airport floor, but I'm not, so... 

I just got a text from the owner of my company welcoming me home, and letting me know one of the guys at work got fired last week. He's been on thin ice for a long time anyway... With a little bit of luck, my liquor will make it home in one piece, and I'll have an uneventful flight and subway ride home... I always like to estimate my exact time of arrival to my apartment, and my estimate is 3:47... We'll see how close I get...

Never Mind. Q was answered after I posted this!

Edited by Greenpea2
Old News
  • Like 1