Update on Covid status of Majestic Princess

marie94949

56 minutes ago, Cruiser933 said:

Does anyone understand why they close the laundry room? 

Very small rooms and people congregate. On the Ruby last week 19 people crowded in one chatting and watching laundry 

• Like 1

Just heard from a friend who returned on a b2b to Hawaii on the Sapphire.  Ended the cruise with 100+ covid cases (as announced by the captain).  

Discovery had norovirus.

Others have reported returning from other ships with the cruise crud.

Guess cruising is "back to normal".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruiser933 said:

Does anyone understand why they close the laundry room? 

I think it’s what the person above said about a small, congregate setting, but I also really think it has to do with the temperature of the washing machine. Covid needs to be washed out in a high temperature wash, which the self laundry may not be capable of. I remember reading before that the cruise lines turned up the temperature of there mass washing machines because of Covid 

• Like 1

Update to the closely guarded secret of Princess Covid policy and procedures.  It seems they have some cabins reserved for Covid quarantine but its a limited number.  They can fill up fast.  Then if your cabin mate tests positive everyone in the cabin has to quarantine together whether they are all positive or not.  I was wondering why a number of cabins on my deck always seems to have a large stack of dishes outside the door.  They must be under quarantine.   The ship reports Covid status to the receiving port country.  Some countries want to limit their exposure to Covid positive visitors. I was told that is why the Majestic Princess tested every passenger this week.  The numbers went up to such a level that the country of New Zealand required Princess to test every passenger and make sure the positive ones did not get off the ship in New Zealand.  Its something to think about for me in booking more cruises.  Am I willing to be locked in my cabin and not able to leave for 7+ days?

22 minutes ago, marie94949 said:

The ship reports Covid status to the receiving port country.  Some countries want to limit their exposure to Covid positive visitors. I was told that is why the Majestic Princess tested every passenger this week.  The numbers went up to such a level that the country of New Zealand required Princess to test every passenger and make sure the positive ones did not get off the ship in New Zealand.  Its something to think about for me in booking more cruises.  Am I willing to be locked in my cabin and not able to leave for 7+ days?

Not me!

3 hours ago, marie94949 said:

I was wondering why a number of cabins on my deck always seems to have a large stack of dishes outside the door.  They must be under quarantine.   

Usually if someone is in quarantine there is a small table placed outside the cabin door and delivered meals are left on that. Due to Covid I found that more people were eating in their cabins in order to lessen risk of catching it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marie94949 said:

Update to the closely guarded secret of Princess Covid policy and procedures.  It seems they have some cabins reserved for Covid quarantine but its a limited number.  They can fill up fast.  Then if your cabin mate tests positive everyone in the cabin has to quarantine together whether they are all positive or not.  I was wondering why a number of cabins on my deck always seems to have a large stack of dishes outside the door.  They must be under quarantine.   The ship reports Covid status to the receiving port country.  Some countries want to limit their exposure to Covid positive visitors. I was told that is why the Majestic Princess tested every passenger this week.  The numbers went up to such a level that the country of New Zealand required Princess to test every passenger and make sure the positive ones did not get off the ship in New Zealand.  Its something to think about for me in booking more cruises.  Am I willing to be locked in my cabin and not able to leave for 7+ days?

The quarantine cabins will have a table in front of the door for the deliveries. The dishes stacked are just the room service returns.

2 hours ago, NownZen said:

The quarantine cabins will have a table in front of the door for the deliveries. The dishes stacked are just the room service returns.

I don't see any tables in front of any doors and our steward said there are people quarantining on our floor.  

38 minutes ago, marie94949 said:

I don't see any tables in front of any doors and our steward said there are people quarantining on our floor.  

Interesting.....when we were on the Island for 30 days, the tables(just on our section) doubled every day.  I wonder why sometimes they use tables and sometimes they don't?  1/2 of our hall had covid at the end of the cruise from the amount of tables in the hall. 

• Thanks 1