And that’s why we get balconies

alfaeric

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday.   Great way to start your special day😀

Are you onboard Anthem?  How's the weather today?

We board tomorrow.

This morning was better than yesterday, but we are in rain now. Hoping that Monday this will all clear out. We stay on for next week. 

Still smoother than last Monday, which wasn’t *that* bad. 

• Like 1

If the rogue wave incident that @mugtech is referring to is the one involving a Viking ship, I saw a brief report of it on ABC news this morning.

It looked to me that the wave hit windows on a lower portion of the ship. There may have been a public area such as a lounge behind those windows. Balconies on the ship did not seem to be affected as far as I could tell. 

The woman passenger who died from the incident was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or,how some may see it, it was her time.

Regardless of that point of view of this tragic accident, I am certain that her family and friends will be deeply affected by her loss. 

The seas looked very rough and gray with serious white caps.

Such an incident would not deter us from booking a balcony cabin,if we ever decide to take a cruise again. We are more concerned about becoming ill with Covid than being affected by a rogue wave.

Our choice and decision.

MJ🙋🏻

3 hours ago, alfaeric said:

I should have known that the Debbie downers of CC would try to lessen my mood. Oh, well, thanks to confirm why we keep to ourselves. 

BTW, we are in the Atlantic east of North Carolina. Shockingly cool to see in a surprise spot. 

actually I have seen them for a few years in August in Sea Isle City in NJ. 

• Like 1

Got to watch dolphins a couple of times on Harmony a few weeks ago. Both times on a treadmill in the gym looking out a big window. I live in south Florida and have seen them often at the beach but it never gets old.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfaeric said:

This morning was better than yesterday, but we are in rain now. Hoping that Monday this will all clear out. We stay on for next week. 

Still smoother than last Monday, which wasn’t *that* bad. 

I'm in Bucks County, PA and was raining all morning. Sun came out for a bit, then nasty showers and winds tonight.   

That's great you are doing a b2b.  I wish we could but I could only get 1 week from work this month.

Edited by Sunshine3601

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Seeing the dolphins is my fave thing about our home port of Galveston. I look forward to it every time!

after we got off Liberty back in September we had some time to kill before heading to the airport so we took a dolphin excursion. We were only about 2 minutes after leaving the dock and we saw quite a few dolphins. 2 of them were leading a pilot  boat, jumping out of the water. Awesome sights

• Like 2

I travel to Galveston from the East, and take the ferry to the Island from Boliver Peninsula.    A fun ride across the channel, with dolphins frolicking alongside.  Then a double dose of dolphins as we leave Galveston on our cruise. 

I love the ferry, with the added benefit that it is just a short drive to Pier 10 from the ferry landing.  Allure looked magnificent and huge from the ferry as we approached the landing.  Really upped my excitement factor as I arrived for the November 13 cruise.

OP - so Happy for you to see that wonderful surprise!  Happy birthday to you 🎈🎂 🐬🐬