Independent Tour Recommendations

Iceman-007

1 hour ago, Iceman-007 said:

Can any recommend a Independent Tour.  I am looking for preferably a Island tour as I have never been there before.  I would like to see the Pitons.

We are following this thread. We will be on the Edge in January and one port we still need to plan is St. Lucia.

5 hours ago, Sunset329 said:

We are following this thread. We will be on the Edge in January and one port we still need to plan is St. Lucia.

Contact COSOL for a bespoke or off the shelf tours.  Probably the best.

Also check John Avril at Island Life SLU, Explore St Lucia with Francis Junior, Real St Lucia Experience, Island Man Taxi and Tours with Kurt,  Lerris Marius with Marius Taxi, Mark at Rising Sun, Serenity Vacations, Barefoot Holidays, Solar Taxi and Tours.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:32 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

Just used Cosol Tours last week. Highly recommend them. The tour includes stopping at a beach between the Pitons.  Cassius was our guide and he was great.

Great to hear.   We booked Cosol Tours for a private tour just for our group in March.   Can you tell us what you did on your tour with them as we have to decide what to include.

9 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Great to hear.   We booked Cosol Tours for a private tour just for our group in March.   Can you tell us what you did on your tour with them as we have to decide what to include.

Ours was their standad tour as outlined on their website, no customization. 

On 12/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, vacation44 said:

Thank you.   As we booked a private tour (there will be, I think, 14 of us), we can change the tour up a little.       

We did a tour (not with Cosol) and I found that we spent too much time on the other stops and not enough time at beautiful Jalousie Beach swimming with the magnificent, close view of the Pitons.  If I was doing a private tour, I’d make sure to have at least 2+ hours there. It was definitely the highlight!  

7 hours ago, Islander500 said:

We did a tour (not with Cosol) and I found that we spent too much time on the other stops and not enough time at beautiful Jalousie Beach swimming with the magnificent, close view of the Pitons.  If I was doing a private tour, I’d make sure to have at least 2+ hours there. It was definitely the highlight!  

Thank you very much for this suggestion.   As we are beach people, we would want to spend more time at Jalousie Beach.   How long was your tour?

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you very much for this suggestion.   As we are beach people, we would want to spend more time at Jalousie Beach.   How long was your tour?

We went via boat, but it was around 6 hours or so.  It’s important to understand there are no beach chairs or umbrellas at Jalousie beach so bring towels and sunscreen and expect to sit on the sand.  But the water and especially the views are fantastic.  It’s paradise!  

Edited by Islander500

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

We went via boat, but it was around 6 hours or so.  It’s important to understand there are no beach chairs or umbrellas at Jalousie beach so bring towels and sunscreen and expect to sit on the sand.  But the water and especially the views are fantastic.  It’s paradise!  

That is incorrect information.

There are free chairs and palapas on Sugar Beach aka Jalousie Beach to the far right (when looking at the sea). A good section of free chairs, loads of shade, and restrooms, etc. 

Or you can rent from the resort if you want to.

And of course, like any beach on islands you can just put your towel down anywhere along the beach you like - although not under any of the resort's palapas or such. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

That is incorrect information.

There are free chairs and palapas on Sugar Beach aka Jalousie Beach to the far right (when looking at the sea). A good section of free chairs, loads of shade, and restrooms, etc. 

Or you can rent from the resort if you want to.

And of course, like any beach on islands you can just put your towel down anywhere along the beach you like - although not under any of the resort's palapas or such. 

I had read on several websites that the free chairs are no longer there which is why I stated that.  And yes, I failed to mention that for $50 dollars per chair, you can rent from the hotel.     

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

I had read on several websites that the free chairs are no longer there which is why I stated that.  And yes, I failed to mention that for $50 dollars per chair, you can rent from the hotel.     

Interesting as we were there last week, and about 6 weeks ago, and plenty of chairs in the free aka provided by SB section.. they were fine during Covid as non-resident guests weren't allowed at the resort and the govt was attempting to discourage groups mingling, etc but they've been there every time we've been to the beach over the last 6 or 8 months.  

38 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Interesting as we were there last week, and about 6 weeks ago, and plenty of chairs in the free aka provided by SB section.. they were fine during Covid as non-resident guests weren't allowed at the resort and the govt was attempting to discourage groups mingling, etc but they've been there every time we've been to the beach over the last 6 or 8 months.  

That’s great to know.  We plan to be there in January and had decided to go in spite of what we’d read on some of the websites offering tours (that the chairs were gone).  Maybe it was old info from covid times? Thanks!