New policy? Can’t bring soda

robandlil

I’m sailing In January and just got my cruise documents.  On page 9 it clearly say you may bring 2 bottles of unfortified wine and, no nonalcoholic beverages.  Is this a new policy?   I’d have difficulty thinking this is a typo since I think most of the pages are generically used from cruise to cruise.  Can someone find out if January marks a new policy on bringing on soda.  Thank you.

34 minutes ago, robandlil said:

I’d have difficulty thinking this is a typo since I think most of the pages are generically used from cruise to cruise.

Typo, no, but perhaps outdated and specifically made to not be clear. If soda/water was not allowed, you'd hear about it here, in several threads.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, robandlil said:

I’m sailing In January and just got my cruise documents.  On page 9 it clearly say you may bring 2 bottles of unfortified wine and, no nonalcoholic beverages.  Is this a new policy?   I’d have difficulty thinking this is a typo since I think most of the pages are generically used from cruise to cruise.  Can someone find out if January marks a new policy on bringing on soda.  Thank you.

Nonalcoholic beverages (12 containers; no more than 17 oz/half liter each; must be carried on) ARE permitted.  RC's IT department just hasn't gotten around after (what?  three years?) to changing that paragraph in the cruise documents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Nonalcoholic beverages (12 containers; no more than 17 oz/half liter each; must be carried on) ARE permitted.  RC's IT department just hasn't gotten around after (what?  three years?) to changing that paragraph in the cruise documents.

Yup, Agree. Just carried on my 12ct 16.9 ounce bottles Diet Dew last 4 Cruises, as I have for last 3 Decades... Only thing liked on NCL was the Vending Machines with these Pepsi product bottles to purchase on board.

44 minutes ago, robandlil said:

I’m sailing In January and just got my cruise documents.  On page 9 it clearly say you may bring 2 bottles of unfortified wine and, no nonalcoholic beverages.

I think that some recognition is in order for robandlil for actually reading the cruise documents. And, sense Merion_Mom pointed out the consistently inconsistent information provided by Royal Caribbean, I'll throw a fly in the ointment and post this link in their FAQ's:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy