FTTF experience

IrishSails

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 6:41 AM, teknoge3k said:

Before we turned platinum, FTTF was always worth it to us. Yes, the priority boarding is nice but the main reasons I always bought it was for the priority tender and early cabin access. I am carrying on 2 cases (24pk) of Dr. Pepper and I want to drop it off in the cabin when we embark with our carry on items, rather than lug them around until 1:30'ish. Then in ports, we never ever do Carnival excursions. We always book something with the locals. It's nice to be out in the port on our excursion doing things while others are still trying to debark the ship. The earlier start we can get, the better. Then the last night of the voyage I go to guest services to pay our balance off with the discounted gift cards, so it's nice to not be standing behind eleventy bazillion people. 

For anyone that books local, this can be a deal maker!  🙂

Worth it every time we have sailed with it.  Wasn't re-instated when we took our last cruise and we missed it.  Getting on the ship at your leisure is nice, but getting off in the first grouping is even better.  We also have gotten lots of use out of the priority Guest Services line in person and the dedicated line for guest services from your room (this can be a big time saver as that line can get long).  Tender priority is nice as well, but we have only had one cruise that had a tender port, our upcoming one has a tender port so we are glad to have FTTF.

The other part of the value of this that is often overlooked is that it is ONE price for all the cabin occupants.  So while the price has gone up, split it in two or four and it's still a great value.  And, that's the name of the game.  Read carefully what it offers, it's not useful for everyone like it is for us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

for my cruise in march, a 4 day cruise is showing as 89.95 per cabin

it looks like it starts at $60 and goes up to $140

Departure Port Starting Price
Baltimore $129.95 per cabin
Charleston $89.95 per cabin
Galveston $89.95 per cabin
Jacksonville $89.95 per cabin
Los Angeles $59.95 per cabin
Miami $59.95 per cabin
Mobile $129.95 per cabin
New Orleans $89.95 per cabin
New York $89.95 per cabin
Port Canaveral $59.95 per cabin
San Francisco $69.95 per cabin
Seattle $129.95 per cabin
Tampa $89.95 per cabi
Edited by john91498
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, john91498 said:

it looks like it starts at $60 and goes up to $140

Departure Port Starting Price
Baltimore $129.95 per cabin
Charleston $89.95 per cabin
Galveston $89.95 per cabin
Jacksonville $89.95 per cabin
Los Angeles $59.95 per cabin
Miami $59.95 per cabin
Mobile $129.95 per cabin
New Orleans $89.95 per cabin
New York $89.95 per cabin
Port Canaveral $59.95 per cabin
San Francisco $69.95 per cabin
Seattle $129.95 per cabin
Tampa $89.95 per cabi

Depends on the length of the cruise. I passed on it for my 7 day Vista cruise last month at $139. I bought it for my 5 day Breeze cruise later this year at $89. Both out of Galveston. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

I don't know if it's because I got FTTF, but I wanted to change my dining option to something that was now wait listed.  Got it the next day. FTTF is $129 for 7 day on Glory out of NOLA.

The dining time change is a perk of FTTF. Without it, you would have been waitlisted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitgb said:

I have FTTF for Carnival Celebration over spring break, I understand some of the basic perks but it states there is a priority line for dinner.  I have not seen anyone mention that.  Is this true? 

You may want to re-read what you originally read. 😉 There is no priority line for dinner. FTTF guests have priority dining time meaning if you are waitlisted for your preferred dining time, you have priority in getting that time assigned to you. 

• Like 1