Martini Tasting on the Explorer?

We love trying new drinks and have enjoyed martini tastings on various ships and cruise lines. Usually you get a small version of several flavors and get to pick your favorite for a larger size. We have the drink package so we could try different flavors in the larger versions but would prefer to be able to walk out on our own! LOL! And recommendations for us on the Explorer?

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Make friends with a bartender and ask them.

No offense but that's not what I asked. When they have "martini tastings" Its usually at a set time and a lot of fun. Bartenders will do tricks and usually a list of 10+ specialties. I know I can ask for any martini. But many cruise lines/ ships have specific martini bars or tastings that offer flights and I was curious If the Explorer had one. bartenders cant just make up 5 mini  martinis and I dont want five full size ones for tastings. And I doubt those around us want to wait whole we sample. 

Edited by ballarinamom

20 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

No offense but that's not what I asked. When they have "martini tastings" Its usually at a set time and a lot of fun. Bartenders will do tricks and usually a list of 10+ specialties. I know I can ask for any martini. But many cruise lines/ ships have specific martini bars or tastings that offer flights and I was curious If the Explorer had one. bartenders cant just make up 5 mini  martinis and I dont want five full size ones for tastings. And I doubt those around us want to wait whole we sample. 

I haven’t seen martini tasting before on Royal,  although I wouldn’t totally trust my memory from years ago, just recently 🤪. On the Wonder TA, the had Scotch, Wine and Beer tastings. I did the beer and wine. I’ve always enjoyed martini tastings, and will be on Navigator on New Years, so will let you know what they have.

5 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I haven’t seen martini tasting before on Royal,  although I wouldn’t totally trust my memory from years ago, just recently 🤪. On the Wonder TA, the had Scotch, Wine and Beer tastings. I did the beer and wine. I’ve always enjoyed martini tastings, and will be on Navigator on New Years, so will let you know what they have.

The first one we ever did was on the Monarch a long time ago! Unfortunately, we shipwrecked that same night and had to abandon ship in St Martin! LOL! NCL has one every night in a smaller bar and Carnival will do it on the first night in the Alchemy Bar. Was really hoping for one for this cruise as its a fun way to wrap up an evening. Thanks!

6 hours ago, ballarinamom said:

We love trying new drinks and have enjoyed martini tastings on various ships and cruise lines. Usually you get a small version of several flavors and get to pick your favorite for a larger size. We have the drink package so we could try different flavors in the larger versions but would prefer to be able to walk out on our own! LOL! And recommendations for us on the Explorer?

We haven’t ever had martini tastings on Royal.  We are on Celebrity right now and they have them.

We've been to a Martini tasting "workshop" on the Allure pre-Covid.  We kind of stumbled into it, or maybe out of it more likely! 🙂  Had a great time.  Haven't seen one since then on Royal and we've looked.