Best Sale Ever Returns

Shelly97060

Just now, dog said:

If you book an obstructed balcony you can add the plus package on the Personalizer.

I guess I didn't make it that far- still debated the increased price.  But this is very good to know.  I was just surprised it wasn't an option like the other staterooms.     Thank you.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

The ad here on CC says '35% off fares' has anyone seen fare go down? Our current fare went up $450 and then $1440 for Plus. So no 'sale' on fare or Plus.

Pricing on my existing fare did not go down -- only went up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So, for this 16 day cruise, BSE with Plus: Plus costs $108/person per day?

image.thumb.png.2ad99e4591f2a519cc3508e2a70b6130.png

42 minutes ago, deb63 said:

I am on the fence, came here to read how other's with more experience w/Princess felt about the offerings today.    I had been waiting for the Europe 2024 to open up, as I wanted the British Isle itinerary where we can  see the Military Tattoo and get off in LeHavre, and don't see it on any other cruise line.   I expected the fares to be higher than 2023, but not this much higher.   

Also, the cruise package options appear for interior rooms, balconies, mini-suites and suites.   But, not for the obstructed view balconies.   

It would be my first Princess Cruise - so I don't know if this is normal or a glitch.   

image.png.c37540a6f42de17f40e817c065c8e6c9.png

The price difference of an extra 20 pppd to go from plus to premier is correct since it's 60 to 80.  But the jump from standard to plus is 60 a day times 16 so it should be 960.   A glitch.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Just got notice on this deal, only for 7 day cruises, not worth my effort to do a 7 day.  Hope they provide more options would book if 10 day to Mexico out of San Francisco offered.  

It's not just for 7 day, it's for longer ones as well.  But, it's not much of a sale.

I had thought the sale would be for Plus package to be included in the Standard fare (with a modest increase compared to the standard fare last week, but less than the plus fare last week).

Instead, the standard fare is more than the standard fare last week AND plus is NOT included in the standard fare.

So now... it seems not only is BSE completely gone from all cruises, but for about the 5 of them I looked at, there is no option to select Plus or Premiere. Only Standard is available.

Wonder what it'll be like in a couple of hours. I think the Princess IT department was not ready for this sale.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

My fare was already booked --- I was looking to refare.

Even in this situation, I have made a new booking on Princess.com and then sent the info to my TA.  The new booking is on Courtesy Hold, while waiting for him to get to it.  I find a lot of fare changes need to be cancel/re-book since it is under a new promo.  A TA can move the funds over and cancel the old one (perhaps with some help from a Princess agent - depends what they can comfortably do in POLAR).

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Even in this situation, I have made a new booking on Princess.com and then sent the info to my TA.  The new booking is on Courtesy Hold, while waiting for him to get to it.  I find a lot of fare changes need to be cancel/re-book since it is under a new promo.  A TA can move the funds over and cancel the old one (perhaps with some help from a Princess agent - depends what they can comfortably do in POLAR).

Good to know. However, in my case, the hold would not have done me any good as it appears there was a system glitch giving me a much lower fare -- when my TA talked with a Princess agent she would only go by what SHE saw at the moment of the conversation.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So now... it seems not only is BSE completely gone from all cruises, but for about the 5 of them I looked at, there is no option to select Plus or Premiere. Only Standard is available.

Wonder what it'll be like in a couple of hours. I think the Princess IT department was not ready for this sale.

Is IT ever ready when something is released?  Just saying.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, deb63 said:

Also, the cruise package options appear for interior rooms, balconies, mini-suites and suites.   But, not for the obstructed view balconies.   

Don't know if this answers your question but if you select 'Inside' there should be an option to upgrade to Obstructed Balcony.

31 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

When you do a search and see a list of cruises, there is a button at the top to choose Standard or Plus.

At other times the option to choose Std / Plus / Prem pops up after room selection, it is confusing.

1 minute ago, Shelly97060 said:

If you booked directly on the Princess website then call Princess and tell them you want to change to this new promotion. If you booked through a TA or PVP contact them and they can easily refare you to the new promotion. 

I originally booked with a TA.  When I saw the promotion I immediately called my TA who in turn called Princess.  While on hold, my screen refreshed and the new higher price came up and that price is exactly what the Princess rep told my TA was the price.  As I had previously stated, there was an apparent glitch in Princess' system and nothing could be done.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Don't know if this answers your question but if you select 'Inside' there should be an option to upgrade to Obstructed Balcony.

Thank you.

I did see where you could select the obstructed view balcony.    Not where you could select a package to go with that selection though.    Just seems odd, as i could with every other stateroom type.    Didn’t know if that was normal.   

6 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I originally booked with a TA.  When I saw the promotion I immediately called my TA who in turn called Princess.  While on hold, my screen refreshed and the new higher price came up and that price is exactly what the Princess rep told my TA was the price.  As I had previously stated, there was an apparent glitch in Princess' system and nothing could be done.

I figured that out after my reply 🙂

32 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

When you do a search and see a list of cruises, there is a button at the top to choose Standard or Plus.

At other times the option to choose Std / Plus / Prem pops up after room selection, it is confusing.

When I'm looking at cruises, there is no price differences between selecting Standard vs Plus.  When you get through the booking and select show promos, there is none showing.   As someone mentioned above IT is clearly not ready for this offering.  I will keep looking, and hope they (IT) get things sorted soon. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, Tedferg said:

The Plus and Premiere packages prices will increase to $50 and $80 pp pd. Two new Special Desserts and Exercise Class will be included with the packages. It is just these 'new' desserts that are a premium.

It has been $50 for several months.

The increase now is from $50 to $60.

For 2 people on a seven day cruise, that would cost $140 more.  These new desserts must be truly fantastic.

(The beverages included will be up to $15 with the $60 Plus. Also, the tips are going up by $1.50/day/person. Both of these are covered in the new $60 pricing.)

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

It's not just for 7 day, it's for longer ones as well.  But, it's not much of a sale.

I had thought the sale would be for Plus package to be included in the Standard fare (with a modest increase compared to the standard fare last week, but less than the plus fare last week).

Instead, the standard fare is more than the standard fare last week AND plus is NOT included in the standard fare.

Only 7 day for Mexico when I looked.  I will be on board in December will check out what deals are offered on board bookings.    Thanks for clarifying, I had only one destination in mind. 

I still crash the site before I'm able to book anything, but I really hope they keep these as the sale prices, knocks like $1000 off my cruise.  I emailed my princess cruise vacation planner as well, hopefully she can help with the site being as buggy as it is today.