Number of production shows Princess

Just sitting in theatre on Grand. 2 week cruise NZ itinerary. We had a production show on 2nd night. Nothing since and Night 11. Tomorrow scheduled for "stardust".  I feel 2 shows in 2 weeks pretty lax.

Others on Princess longer cruises - what was your experience?

Recently on 4 night Coral and 5 night Majestic, we had two full production shows, including the amazing "Encore". Absolutely fabulous.

17 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Just sitting in theatre on Grand. 2 week cruise NZ itinerary. We had a production show on 2nd night. Nothing since and Night 11. Tomorrow scheduled for "stardust".  I feel 2 shows in 2 weeks pretty lax.

Others on Princess longer cruises - what was your experience?

Recently on 4 night Coral and 5 night Majestic, we had two full production shows, including the amazing "Encore". Absolutely fabulous.

What's been on the other nights?

22 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

I feel 2 shows in 2 weeks pretty lax.

I agree with you. I would have expected at least one more or maybe 4 total.

We just had a 13 night on the Westerdam and had 3 nights with the singing group Cantaré and also three nights of the one step dance company. Making six HAL shows in total.

While these aren't production shows as such they were of a very high quality and we enjoyed the different approach.

• Like 2

We had a juggler (average), a magician, a Buddy Holly tribute artist (very average), a vocalist with acoustic guitar (enthusiastic and quite personable) - twice, a hypnotist (less than average). Something every night, but expecting some good production shows with Princess singers and dancers.

5 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

We had a juggler (average), a magician, a Buddy Holly tribute artist (very average), a vocalist with acoustic guitar (enthusiastic and quite personable) - twice, a hypnotist (less than average). Something every night, but expecting some good production shows with Princess singers and dancers.

Sounds like the same entertainment we had on Coral. I'm not into jugglers, magicians and hypnotists.

Are the comedians rubbish too? We had one good english comedian.

We were on that cruise. 

One night there was nothing scheduled. Then the announcement that the piano player would play due to popular demand HAHA!! NOT!! 

There were 3 dancer shows scheduled. I'm thinking maybe there was a COVID Issue as the dancers did Night 2 and Night 12 only. 

After 17 cruises on Princess I have to say this was the worst. The only cruise (in 38) that I've not been sad to get off. 

Severe lack of activities for the first half of the cruise. ON Coral last month the were 2 shows nightly plus things in the Universal Lounge.  Last 3 days they added more activities during the day. 

The Vista lounge on Grand was used for a talk and Bingo. Empty!!! While people crammed into the Explorers lounge for trivia etc.  

Food ion the restaurants was same as normal. I found the buffet very limited though (compared to Coral). 

On 12/15/2022 at 10:58 PM, sayaguru said:

We were on that cruise. 

One night there was nothing scheduled. Then the announcement that the piano player would play due to popular demand HAHA!! NOT!! 

There were 3 dancer shows scheduled. I'm thinking maybe there was a COVID Issue as the dancers did Night 2 and Night 12 only. 

After 17 cruises on Princess I have to say this was the worst. The only cruise (in 38) that I've not been sad to get off. 

Severe lack of activities for the first half of the cruise. ON Coral last month the were 2 shows nightly plus things in the Universal Lounge.  Last 3 days they added more activities during the day. 

The Vista lounge on Grand was used for a talk and Bingo. Empty!!! While people crammed into the Explorers lounge for trivia etc.  

Food ion the restaurants was same as normal. I found the buffet very limited though (compared to Coral). 

At least you were lucky to have trivia in the Explorers lounge  Now Princess are having trivia most times in the afternoon in Princess Live which is like a theatre seating and does not allow you to have a group team concept  not good at all   I asked about it and was told we have no where else to go  - therefore they should reorganise the times of clashing entertainments or make more use of the Hollywood bar area (where the excuse given was they did not have a screen there)   we had trivia for years without screens

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

At least you were lucky to have trivia in the Explorers lounge  Now Princess are having trivia most times in the afternoon in Princess Live which is like a theatre seating and does not allow you to have a group team concept  not good at all   I asked about it and was told we have no where else to go  - therefore they should reorganise the times of clashing entertainments or make more use of the Hollywood bar area (where the excuse given was they did not have a screen there)   we had trivia for years without screens

What do you mean- NOW? That was last week. What ship are you referring to?  What makes you say this is now a Princess change? 

How can Princess get away with the lack of quality entertainment?  Surely this is a given part of cruising!  If the reason was entertainers were sick from Covid, they should tell passengers.  Being in your groups is part of the fun of trivia.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sayaguru said:

What do you mean- NOW? That was last week. What ship are you referring to?  What makes you say this is now a Princess change? 

Now was last week on Majestic (and I was told by the senior staff member that it would, always be so) and I see from a patter photographed recently for another ship that again the trivia is in Princess live

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Covid, and also sea conditions, may affect the number of production shows on a cruise. In the past most cruises of 14 nights or longer had about three, I think. 

We had three different production shows on Coral Princess on our 14 day cruise. The other guest artists were OK but nearly all of them appeared twice albeit with a slightly varied act.

On 12/18/2022 at 2:34 PM, windsor26 said:

Now was last week on Majestic (and I was told by the senior staff member that it would, always be so) and I see from a patter photographed recently for another ship that again the trivia is in Princess live

What does - In Princess Live, mean? I was on Coral and Grand recently. I haven't heard of that. They both have large lounges. Coral had trivia there. 

5 minutes ago, sayaguru said:

What does - In Princess Live, mean? I was on Coral and Grand recently. I haven't heard of that. They both have large lounges. Coral had trivia there. 

Not applicable on Coral  They do not have the Princess Live room which has rows of seats like a theatre

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sayaguru said:

Princess Live is an area with lecture theatre type seating that has replaced the Explorers Lounge on Royal Class ships, like Majestic. It's not a good space for trivia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess Live is an area with lecture theatre type seating that has replaced the Explorers Lounge on Royal Class ships, like Majestic. It's not a good space for trivia.

I agree  we gave up trivia for the afternoons as we could not organise the seating for a team and that is half the fun

1 minute ago, windsor26 said:

I agree  we gave up trivia for the afternoons as we could not organise the seating for a team and that is half the fun

What I find hard to understand surely those in charge of entertainment must know this!!  I've met some of the nicest passengers at Trivia and it is half the fun!!

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

What I find hard to understand surely those in charge of entertainment must know this!!  I've met some of the nicest passengers at Trivia and it is half the fun!!

There are times when I wonder ...

36 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I had this same conversation with the cruise director but was told that there was no where else to go and when I suggested Hollywood he said no screen but we did not have a screen for many years so just put it in the too hard basket

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I had this same conversation with the cruise director but was told that there was no where else to go and when I suggested Hollywood he said no screen but we did not have a screen for many years so just put it in the too hard basket

Surely the vista gaming lounge would also work, squeezed between bingo sessions.

Princess Live is great - for fruit carving demos and the like, but not for trivia. It also reminds me of past locations sitting through boring lectures. On our last cruise, we just voted with our feet.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Surely the vista gaming lounge would also work, squeezed between bingo sessions.

Princess Live is great - for fruit carving demos and the like, but not for trivia. It also reminds me of past locations sitting through boring lectures. On our last cruise, we just voted with our feet.

Laughed out loud.  We used to be more polite sitting through boring lectures, but no more!

• Like 1