LIVE: Ruby Princess Dec 18-29 Western Caribbean/Mexico

ceilidh1

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

@PescadoAmarilloi ran into G at breakfast and he came and chatted with us for a while! A true gentleman and lovely to put a face to a name. Next goal is to sail with you!

He told me!  Hope you’re enjoying the activities they added for the surprise sea day. I told him to try a Grinchtini based on your pic. Merry Christmas!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

He told me!  Hope you’re enjoying the activities they added for the surprise sea day. I told him to try a Grinchtini based on your pic. Merry Christmas!

This is the Merry Berry - $3 upcharge on plus package but 100% worth it!

6DC15A74-A06B-4EDA-A948-A065C35613E8.jpeg

• Like 1

We have been docked in Costa Maya for about an hour but not able to get off yet as they can’t safely secure the ship due to wind. Weather looks a little fierce - not really a beach day. I’m sure the captain would have already canceled the port had we not had one cancelled yesterday, An MSC ship pulled in earlier, seemed to have the same issues as us, and pulled back out. It’s currently sitting out at sea just across from us, maybe waiting to see if the weather clears. I’m hoping to cancel our Maya Chan day - it is disappointing as we were really looking forward to it, but safety first…

• Like 1

Captain just announced that ship was secured and we were clear to disembark. We canceled Maya Chan. I don’t think we would have had much fun on this stormy day. Pictures don’t really show how windy it is but the MSC ship is just sitting out in the water right now after turning around from the dock…

9546D254-74B7-47B8-B5B0-A39C54B58E9D.jpeg

FD788FCB-BD48-4084-BA0D-22CCE125F2EB.jpeg

A628C3D3-F114-4BAA-AE8D-BDB1DF0239C4.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Costa Maya tomorrow. We have a private excursion booked for Maya Chan so hoping for some sun!

DAB22971-BB0F-4A10-B650-53B798318399.jpeg

FD46DC22-2143-4DBB-AB89-40B265E5E2A1.jpeg

Been following along and really enjoying all the information. My wife and I are on the next Ruby sailing. Just curious, have you heard if there is a white and gold party/night on Ruby? Didn’t see it yet in the patters you’ve posted. Thanks again for all the great info & photos. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

2 minutes ago, The_Force said:

Been following along and really enjoying all the information. My wife and I are on the next Ruby sailing. Just curious, have you heard if there is a white and gold party/night on Ruby? Didn’t see it yet in the patters you’ve posted. Thanks again for all the great info & photos. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

My husband (tall guy, Hank) and I will be on the next trip leaving the 29th out of Galveston also.We are enjoying the posts "C" is sharing. too. No mention yet of WiFi issues (unless I missed them)- slow, fast, how many gadgets can be used. PCL phone folks seem to avoid the issue- not a good sign. Also just found out we needed to get a boarding time. Got 12-12:30. Good enough. Will try to spot you on board.

3 hours ago, The_Force said:

It wasn’t a party as such - just first formal night some people wore gold. I think it’s one of those things that never really took off with princess

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

We have been docked in Costa Maya for about an hour but not able to get off yet as they can’t safely secure the ship due to wind................

We like Costa Maya. We're taken maybe 8 cruises that were scheduled to dock there, but at least half were cancelled due to winds. I'm hoping we can get there on our March 2023 cruise, but we'd not be surprised if we get another "bonus sea day".

Doug

3 hours ago, j.beatle said:

My husband (tall guy, Hank) and I will be on the next trip leaving the 29th out of Galveston also.We are enjoying the posts "C" is sharing. too. No mention yet of WiFi issues (unless I missed them)- slow, fast, how many gadgets can be used. PCL phone folks seem to avoid the issue- not a good sign. Also just found out we needed to get a boarding time. Got 12-12:30. Good enough. Will try to spot you on board.

Internet has been fine for social media, cc, etc. it’s slower than land but that’s to be expected. It wouldn’t upload a video and took forever to download an app, but for every day things it works. We have the Plus package which is one device per person - quick and easy to switch between phone and iPad when necessary

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We like Costa Maya. We're taken maybe 8 cruises that were scheduled to dock there, but at least half were cancelled due to winds. I'm hoping we can get there on our March 2023 cruise, but we'd not be surprised if we get another "bonus sea day".

Doug

We are now docked and been given the green light to disembark. We will get off and look around the port area but otherwise calling it a sea day, which is fine with me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

We are now docked and been given the green light to disembark. We will get off and look around the port area but otherwise calling it a sea day, which is fine with me!

We also have no problem with these bonus sea days as long as it's not a port we really wanted to visit. We LOVE sea days! But on these western Caribbean cruises which we take often, canceling a port is not usually a big deal. I do sympathize with the those ports though, I realize they really look forward to us spending some time and money with them!😉

Doug

• Like 1