LIVE: Ruby Princess Dec 18-29 Western Caribbean/Mexico

ceilidh1

On 12/20/2022 at 8:36 AM, ceilidh1 said:

There is definitely something wrong with room service/ ordering. The orders just sit at preparing for hours

We got off the day you embarked. We had excellent response time with room service. We used it several times and it always came very quickly and the orders were complete. Weird that things can change so quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

@PescadoAmarillois your other half still onboard? I am 99% sure he is sitting across from me in Crooners right now, but it would feel kind of stalker like to go up and accost him! Lol

We were sitting in Vines and I told my wife I recognized his face. I just spoke up and said, "Are you G?" Yep. We spoke briefly and the we all went on our way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

We got off the day you embarked. We had excellent response time with room service. We used it several times and it always came very quickly and the orders were complete. Weird that things can change so quickly.

My only thought is that this is the first full sailing and they just don’t have the staff to deal with it. The pool deck has zero servers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

@PescadoAmarillois your other half still onboard? I am 99% sure he is sitting across from me in Crooners right now, but it would feel kind of stalker like to go up and accost him! Lol

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We were sitting in Vines and I told my wife I recognized his face. I just spoke up and said, "Are you G?" Yep. We spoke briefly and the we all went on our way.

Thrak saw G on the previous voyage.  I would think he went home for Christmas, but that is just a WAG since I have no inside info on them (@PescadoAmarillo).

6 hours ago, caribill said:

A couple of questions:

a) Does Princess still have printed Sudoku puzzles available each day? If so, where?

b) Although masks are not required, do you see any passengers wearing them when appropriate?

Printed sudoku is available in the library, along with word search and trivia

Very few wearing masks - some did on the tender yesterday but not noticed anywhere else. Some staff still wear them but not all. This is our first cruise where we haven’t worn one..,

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

To the thread opener @ceilidh1: Thanks for the review! Are there still petit fours or little gourmandises offered after dessert on formal nights in main dining room? I recall it from Regal Princess in October 2022.

None were offered this past formal night

Pub lunch today. It was very good - the only things missing were the steak and kidney pie and the British beer menu. I asked the server what British beer was available and he told me Bud, Bud Light, Heineken…ok you can stop there…lol

2ADBDC6F-E8F5-458D-BCB4-621585AE5836.jpeg

1775DC0D-DBC2-4209-8FA6-7DAA1A28E4EF.jpeg

6DE31DBE-151A-4761-B827-A00CC9FEA0F9.jpeg

ECF3FC74-7620-415F-AB38-D7901877F99E.jpeg

AD7ED339-4A56-42DB-9750-33DAA96776F0.jpeg

03E7C902-63ED-4C15-AAD5-52C3D70F0B43.jpeg

1CC9FC14-2C9F-4B64-80F1-7E5D3D878B07.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

To the thread opener @ceilidh1: Thanks for the review! Are there still petit fours or little gourmandises offered after dessert on formal nights in main dining room? I recall it from Regal Princess in October 2022.

We had them on the last formal night of the previous cruise but only on that one night. They mostly sat uneaten though as everybody was already full from dinner.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Printed sudoku is available in the library, along with word search and trivia

Very few wearing masks - some did on the tender yesterday but not noticed anywhere else. Some staff still wear them but not all. This is our first cruise where we haven’t worn one..,

We still wear masks on crowded elevators, public restrooms and any area wear you are crammed shoulder to shoulder like tenders 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

We still wear masks on crowded elevators, public restrooms and any area wear you are crammed shoulder to shoulder like tenders 

I wore my N95 on the plane and had it on in the terminal before boarding. Then it kind of fell off my radar. I work with the public seven days a week maskless so hopefully I’m safe! I hope I don’t live to regret it!

We did all get our boosters and flu shot before coming - something I had decided I WASNT going to do. But I did anyway. It’s not about me, it’s about others that may not be able to fight it off!

• Like 5