Menu Changes?

atlantabri2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Do people really want to go on a cruise and eat the same boring food every day?  Grilled chicken, grilled fish, steak?

My DH eats the French onion soup every night. And I would have the creme brulee every night, if it were available (I am going to test the "not on the menu but it's available" tip tonight).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

My DH eats the French onion soup every night. And I would have the creme brulee every night, if it were available (I am going to test the "not on the menu but it's available" tip tonight).

Not on the menu?  You people are going to cause chaos with these special requests.  Chaos I tell you!  🙂

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2022 at 7:53 PM, ggo85 said:

We’re on Constellation now. Most of those around us in Luminae ordered off the MDR menu and quite a few from the classics.  I had the onion soup and my DH the Caesar salad.  

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do people really want to go on a cruise and eat the same boring food every day?  Grilled chicken, grilled fish, steak?

That's exactly what DH and I do; when bored with the choices from the MDR, we go to OV.    We find the Luminae dinner menu is generally too "over the top".  (Luminae's lunch menu is more appealing to us.)

Just now, hrhdhd said:

Research completed. 😀 The dessert classics currently on ApexAsked for creme brulee at Normandie tonight and received it. 🤷‍♀️

IMG_20221213_204113.jpg

And there was much joy throughout the land!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Well, sure, but how would anyone know given it's not on the menu?

Because people read it on cruise critic or that their servers had consistently offered the "not on the menu" to them and told them that they were always available?  That was how I knew.

DH loves the French onion soup and I love the escargot. Neither of those are easy to get/make at home, so we order them every night on the cruise as a vacation treat. Sometimes DH will order the salmon (just the fish, not the sides) from the Classics menu because he likes salmon on salad. We order most of our meal from the main menu, but the Classics are always a good supplement.

Then there's my son. the picky eater, who has grilled chicken with fries most nights... thank goodness for the Classics menu! We will definitely be missing it if this goes away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helenb said:

DH loves the French onion soup and I love the escargot. Neither of those are easy to get/make at home, so we order them every night on the cruise as a vacation treat. Sometimes DH will order the salmon (just the fish, not the sides) from the Classics menu because he likes salmon on salad. We order most of our meal from the main menu, but the Classics are always a good supplement.

Then there's my son. the picky eater, who has grilled chicken with fries most nights... thank goodness for the Classics menu! We will definitely be missing it if this goes away.

So your son, the picky eater?  What does he put on his French fries?  Ketchup, mayonnaise, something else?

Just now, zitsky said:

So your son, the picky eater?  What does he put on his French fries?  Ketchup, mayonnaise, something else?

Sometimes ketchup, but usually just salt. I believe both of those are 'always available'. 😉