Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

7 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Loving the new pics!

Seems like there isn't a lot of posting from those who have the Sun booked for next year?

We had booked Europe for next Spring, But, decided that it just wouldn't work out.

Have you looked at the Roll Calls? There is an active one for the maiden transatlantic for the Sun Princess and the cruise just before that. They already have a dinner planned before boarding for each and a large spreadsheet with everyone's info plus plans for various game groups and some early planning for excursions. It has more activity than my next cruise leaving in 3 months!

6 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hi @vividharp. I'm no longer seeing the pictures load as well, but I did see them earlier today. Thank you @dides for sharing anyways!

Balconies

Dome

Exterior (with a glance at the tender boats)

Sphere and main pool

Galleys and restaurants

Many thanks @snoozecrooze - no idea why they don't show. I can still see them and so can my other half on his device!

I am looking at the June 2024 seven day Med cruises on Sun. We are a family of six and need 3 cabins together, and cabin availability is very limited. I assume this is because people can book a 7, 14, or 21 day version of these cruises so that narrows down which cabins are available. I notice that every day the cabins that are available change, they either disappear or change to different ship locations. We are leaning towards the June 29th cruise with Istanbul but as mentioned each morning the available cabins seem to change (or are in an undesirable location, like under the Dome which will have night performances or overlooking the open Cabana deck). So I haven't booked anything yet, I am just watching what's available and learning as much as I can about the ship. 

On 8/10/2023 at 5:41 PM, cjb0717 said:

We're booked March 29, 2024 for 19 nights. Very excited for this new ship and enjoy any pictures we can find.

We are also booked on this cruise. What type of cabin have you booked?

Princess must have heard me (LOL) because now there are more balcony cabins available on the cruise we are looking at and can get 3 together. I am still trying to research the layout of Sun cabins and balconies and trying to avoid what I think will be the louder areas (open cabana deck on 9, the long rows of cabana balcony cabins, under the Dome, etc.). We had considered doing Oceanview cabins to save some money but they are either under the theater or above the Landing area (loading/embarking/tender wait area). 

14 hours ago, vividharp said:

@rocklinmom We originally wanted to try the cabana suites and they were sold out so fast. We wanted to give something new and different a try. We ended up with a deluxe balcony. And we couldn’t get two together. We did get two on the same floor though. 

I just booked three deluxe balcony cabins together. The cabin availability keeps shuffling, you could check and see what your cruise is currently showing. If you see a pair together you could always change to those, it's nice to be next to each other and get your balconies connected.

On 8/15/2023 at 6:34 AM, dides said:

The third video from Adam Savage is all about the Sun Princess build approach - pre-fabricating cabins off-site, saving space, an extra large embarkation door. No spoilers on the cabin interiors unfortunately!

Interesting. Thanks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dides said:

The next video from Adam Savage is all about the design of the theater on Sun Princess. Looking at the special loading door and the build challenges in the Arena.  

The plans displayed in the video show the Entertainment and Cruise Director office - not far from the Arena entrance.😀

image.png.91337d2b3d30ff3ab261bd09013383f9.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dides said:

And there's a circular table in a separate area off the Crown Grill. Is that usual? Does PDR mean Private Dining Room?

sunpdr.JPG.1d2cf0475e1dba8736545c978c0caf81.JPG

I would guess it's for the Chef's Table which on the newer ships is round and has a crystal curtain surrounding it. Looks like here they have a wall for privacy. Or maybe some new kind of dining experience like Chef's Table?

We are Princess newbies, but not new to cruising (we are Azamara devotees, but excited to be cruising with our family), traveling with kids and grandkids. We have a guarantee mini suite M2. Any ideas about when we will get our assignment? Just curious. There are only 40 suites in our category and none of them is in an unappealing location, AFAIK, so I'm not concerned at all. New build, not lots of  info. Can anyone tell me how this works?

3 hours ago, pickypicky said:

We are Princess newbies, but not new to cruising (we are Azamara devotees, but excited to be cruising with our family), traveling with kids and grandkids. We have a guarantee mini suite M2. Any ideas about when we will get our assignment? Just curious. There are only 40 suites in our category and none of them is in an unappealing location, AFAIK, so I'm not concerned at all. New build, not lots of  info. Can anyone tell me how this works?

Guarantee assignments can be made pretty much anytime up until the day of boarding so unfortunately that doesn't give you much more information than you already have. Just keep checking the personalizer and eventually you'll see an assignment. Anecdotally the stories of people getting their assignments at the pier are far and few between and there's some thought the assignment was made earlier but the person didn't check.

• Like 1