Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

We've just booked on the Sun Princess, a Premium Deluxe Balcony for this summer. It's a category D0. The deck plan says it includes "signature benefits", but the booking details and confirmation makes no reference to them. Not really expecting them - we didn't pay suite prices - but any chance we lucked out and have a balcony cabin that for some reason gets suite perks? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

We've just booked on the Sun Princess, a Premium Deluxe Balcony for this summer. It's a category D0. The deck plan says it includes "signature benefits", but the booking details and confirmation makes no reference to them. Not really expecting them - we didn't pay suite prices - but any chance we lucked out and have a balcony cabin that for some reason gets suite perks? 

Check your Travel Summary. 

IMG_0527.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Am I seeing right, a deluxe balcony is $5839??? What!!!!???

That’s correct.   LOL Canadian funds. Us poor Canadians are charge 40% more than you folks in USA. What a rip off. 😂 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

The subject is the Sun Princess. 
From the picture below, I only see a few balconies where you can look straight down at the sea. 
image.thumb.jpeg.10f350cde4a21166dd4328d3825d79d6.jpeg

From this photo I would say that any of those side aft balconies above Deck 12 or so would be able to look straight down to the water.

4 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

That’s correct.   LOL Canadian funds. Us poor Canadians are charge 40% more than you folks in USA. What a rip off. 😂 

Oh no!!! So sorry!! But stay where you are. US is pretty screwed up these days lol!! We paid half of that for a reserve mini suite   Might be more than half. 

3 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Oh no!!! So sorry!! But stay where you are. US is pretty screwed up these days lol!! We paid half of that for a reserve mini suite   Might be more than half. 

Look at my name - DHP1, Ontario Canada 

Edited by DHP1

9 minutes ago, chamima said:

From this photo I would say that any of those side aft balconies above Deck 12 or so would be able to look straight down to the water.

I tried to circle those cabins in red below

IMG_4009.jpeg

Edited by chamima

18 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

IMG_0527.png

Thanks. Silly question: now we've booked, where would we go to see the same information for our booking?

Just now, chamima said:

I tried to circle those cabins in red below

IMG_4009.jpeg

It’s ok. We’re used to look straight down into the sea.  Now we’re overlooking another balcony. It is what it is. Lol

8 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

Thanks. Silly question: now we've booked, where would we go to see the same information for our booking?

Log into your account on Princess website, select your cruise and at the top you will see Luggage Tags and Travel Summary. 
And secondly, it was not a silly question. Glad I could help. 
image.thumb.png.32f701da0a6b79f92d86774b40a642d2.png

Edited by DHP1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GlenG said:

You are looking into several other balconies, some awkward privacy issues for many cabins. It’s the same on the latest P&O design ships, I believe

Cove balcony for the win! The location is always bad, but you’re close to the water, no balconies underneath, and a lot of privacy!

Edited by Pixelskaya
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

IMG_0527.png

My travel summary does not show Signature Upgrades and benefits.

The only place I saw it was when I chose my cabin. A D0 aft.

Also, my first booking shows Reserve Collection Experience on DMW. Old app for this D0 aft cabin.

But

My TA booking same cabin does not say Reserve Collection Experience.

Edited by dog

7 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Log into your account on Princess website, select your cruise and at the top you will see Print Luggage Tags and Travel Summary. 

Thanks. Just checked and doesn't say anything about signature upgrades, although see @dog's post and maybe I shouldn't expect too. Doesn't matter much: we paid a price we liked for a location we wanted, and if there's extra perks that's a plus when we get on board!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dog said:

My travel summary does not show Signature Upgrades and benefits.

The only place I saw it was when I chose my cabin. d0 aft

Interesting. It has to be there somewhere. I’ll research on it for you. I guess the next alternate is to call Princess. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Interesting. It has to be there somewhere. I’ll research on it for you. I guess the next alternate is to call Princess. 

I can speak to Captain Circle person in Regal in Feb.

I got in booking my first D0 before the aft ones jumped up an extra $200. Pp.

i have seen other websites/ deck plans calling these cabins Signature balconies.

39 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Am I seeing right, a deluxe balcony is $5839??? What!!!!???

The OP did not say how many nights. The summer Med itinerary could be 7, 14, or 21 nights. If that’s CAD for 21 nights, that’s a very good price!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

The OP did not say how many nights. The summer Med itinerary could be 7, 14, or 21 nights. If that’s CAD for 21 nights, that’s a very good price!

44 minutes ago, chamima said:

No...  you will see the Cabana Deck, and/or the exposed exterior Cabana balconies.

This deck is quite a bit wider than all the decks above.

Pretty much runs most of the length of the ship

Yes, you are going to still see plenty of ocean.   But, not without the wider exposed deck(s) below.

The deck plans will accurately show this...  

Click on deck 9.. mark where the edge/perimieter is... 

Then click on deck 10, where you will see the 1/2 covered deeper balconies... Mark that perimeter.

You will see that the exterior balconies of those cabana balconies are exposed and no cover

And then it looks as if all other cabins decks above that are straight up and down, equal width.

Now, those balconies the the wider center of the sphere would be 'clear'.

These would be sold either as Premium Deluxe Balconies.. or some are Cabana cabins.

19 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

14 days. August 2024

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

It’s ok. We’re used to look straight down into the sea.  Now we’re overlooking another balcony. It is what it is. Lol

I think if you book a balcony in the lower half of the sphere you’ll be able to look down over the ocean 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

No...  you will see the Cabana Deck, and/or the exposed exterior Cabana balconies.

This deck is quite a bit wider than all the decks above.

Pretty much runs most of the length of the ship

Yes, you are going to still see plenty of ocean.   But, not without the wider exposed deck(s) below.

The deck plans will accurately show this...  

Click on deck 9.. mark where the edge/perimieter is... 

Then click on deck 10, where you will see the 1/2 covered deeper balconies... Mark that perimeter.

You will see that the exterior balconies of those cabana balconies are exposed and no cover

And then it looks as if all other cabins decks above that are straight up and down, equal width.

Now, those balconies the the wider center of the sphere would be 'clear'.

These would be sold either as Premium Deluxe Balconies.. or some are Cabana cabins.

Maybe even doubtful on the sphere.

Photos are screen grabs of the video from the shipyard in December

IMG_6609.thumb.jpeg.e466d014e78ca11f1bb765438c1896a5.jpeg

IMG_6610.thumb.jpeg.27045718f8b6d29911f857f1141cb836.jpeg

• Like 3