Is this a mistake or is HAL website wrong?

fellswoop

Received an email yesterday regarding our Koningsdam Hawaii 17 day next month. It said to check the Health Protocol link given for updates so I did. It asked for name and booking number.  It says we have to test within 3 days before (can do home self test) and then advised uploading all info (I assume vaccine and covid test info) to Verifly. At bottom of  protocol page it said  last updated November 29th, 2022. People here have said San Diego isn't using Verifly and I didn't think we were still testing. Is this new in the last 2 weeke?

6 hours ago, fellswoop said:

At bottom of  protocol page it said  last updated November 29th, 2022. People here have said San Diego isn't using Verifly and I didn't think we were still testing. Is this new in the last 2 weeke?

Regardless of what the webpage says, the requirements may have changed by the date of embarkation. I would be flexible whenever I book a cruise.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:38 AM, Hlitner said:

If you do a home covid test there is no way to upload the results to Verifly.  

Hank

I contacted Verifly - Here is how you upload the results of a self test:

They answered my question in about 3 hours

image.thumb.png.e0984013f652eb1b19163ea839f671d1.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I contacted Verifly - Here is how you upload the results of a self test:

They answered my question in about 3 hours

image.thumb.png.e0984013f652eb1b19163ea839f671d1.png

3 Hours!  ROFL.  My call only took about 10 minutes and they simply told me there is no need to use Verifly.   When we cruised on Princess they also suggested Verifly and we did not bother  When we got to the embarkation port (Port Everglades) those with Verifly probably saved less than 1 minute in line.  For those without Verifly we only had to show our test results and vaccine doc.  Somebody noted (at the time) that it took longer to upload everything to Verifly than it did to check-in without Verifly.  Not sure how that will work with HAL.  But I am thinking we will have better things to do than sit around our hotel room dealing with the Verifly app.

I guess we should also consider it is more than 3 months to the cruise and HAL is liable to change their rules 10-15 times in the interim.

Hank

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

3 Hours!  ROFL.  My call only took about 10 minutes and they simply told me there is no need to use Verifly.   When we cruised on Princess they also suggested Verifly and we did not bother  When we got to the embarkation port (Port Everglades) those with Verifly probably saved less than 1 minute in line.  For those without Verifly we only had to show our test results and vaccine doc.  Somebody noted (at the time) that it took longer to upload everything to Verifly than it did to check-in without Verifly.  Not sure how that will work with HAL.  But I am thinking we will have better things to do than sit around our hotel room dealing with the Verifly app.

Hank

Hank

You stated that you couldn't upload self-test results to Verifly.    That was incorrect. 

Your opinion on the value of Verifly is a different issue.

Verifly saved us an hour in Boston on my last cruise.   Uploading the results was very simple.   I didn't have to sit around and deal with anything.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I guess we should also consider it is more than 3 months to the cruise and HAL is liable to change their rules 10-15 times in the interim.

Hank

We just signed up for Verifly and uploaded our picture and vaccination certificate in less than two minutes.  It is the same function as Princess medallion.  We did our first medallion cruise in September, loaded everything in a few minutes even having never used it before, If it is taking people longer than five or ten minutes it is due to user error.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

You stated that you couldn't upload self-test results to Verifly.    That was incorrect. 

Your opinion on the value of Verifly is a different issue.

Verifly saved us an hour in Boston on my last cruise.   Uploading the results was very simple.   I didn't have to sit around and deal with anything.

Yes Boston was a nightmare and Verifly speeds up the process, even if not "required". Port Everglades didn't have a separate Verifly line or even asked to see it. Just sent us to security after asking if we were vaccinated (didn't show proof). You never know what they'll ask for. Ports and HAL are changing regularly and the staff is inconsistent. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1